Tim Cook is second runner up for Time's Person of the Year
0. phoneArena posted on 19 Dec 2012, 22:58
President Barack Obama was named Time Magazine's Person of the Year and the second runner-up was Apple CEO Tim Cook who, as the Technologist, still had a magazine cover distributed with his image plastered all over it; since Cook took over the reins at Apple, the stock has gained 40% in value and the company holds more than $120 billion in cash...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
8. mas11 posted on 19 Dec 2012, 23:53 20 4
Hey winning $1 billion in a bulls**t lawsuit is pretty impressive. I mean him jobs and ive invented the rectangle with square edges. What did Larry Page and google do? It's not like they revolutionized search, created the best mobile mapping service, pioneered voice commands, created a powerful yet affordable nexus line or anything.
10. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 20 Dec 2012, 00:03 14 2
lol, you forgot to say you were sarcastic
Tim Cook had a ground shaking product too, litterally it's Apple Maps.
15. eisenbricher posted on 20 Dec 2012, 00:16 3 3
Haha! Love the apple jokes :)
17. joey_sfb posted on 20 Dec 2012, 00:22 4 0
Which he took credit for.
20. Nathan_ingx posted on 20 Dec 2012, 01:24 7 0
Hey, don't forget the 5th row of apps and the 0.5 inch that came free with the screen of the iP5.
Or am i reading this article wrong?
13. networkdood posted on 20 Dec 2012, 00:07 5 0
It will be significantly less and by the time it comes around...Samsung will have moved on....
11. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 20 Dec 2012, 00:05 7 0
Tim Cook got the runner up place not for what he has done, but for the attention he had.
16. android78 (unregistered) posted on 20 Dec 2012, 00:20 2 0
Ikr, I woulda felt better seeing Larry Page as the runner up.
26. ultimatebatman posted on 20 Dec 2012, 09:43 1 0
He deserves it for being a master at running an efficient slave camp where 16 year olds work day and night in a cold, wet factory producing AMmmmaaaAaaZING, chamfered iPhones
14. pongkie posted on 20 Dec 2012, 00:13 4 0
its just a magazine if cook receives a Nobel Peace Prize then the Mayans are right.
32. Lucas777 posted on 20 Dec 2012, 18:29 1 0
if Obama can win person of the year cook certainly deserves to be on the list... apple has made huge gains as a company... what has barack obama done except regress the economy and raise the debt
3. lyndon420 posted on 19 Dec 2012, 23:19 2 0
Guess 2012 wasn't a big year for interesting people. (just kidding)
4. lee480 posted on 19 Dec 2012, 23:21 0 0
Dont understand. Why when news praise Apple, it's always a PA's featured news?
5. androidisbaws (banned) posted on 19 Dec 2012, 23:26 6 2
I have alot of respect for Malala. I will be mature for once and not comment on Mr. Cook. As for Obama, cheers to a man willing to put himself through all the stress a president has to go through. Lets hope 2013 brings even greater people
6. wendygarett (limited) 4 days ago posted on 19 Dec 2012, 23:30 2 0
I hope the third runner up is Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer :)
9. frydaexiii posted on 20 Dec 2012, 00:02 3 0
What? Why? I can understand Steve Jobs being Time's person of the year despite hating him, but Tim Cook? He basically drove Apple to the ground...
24. GoBears posted on 20 Dec 2012, 04:46 3 2
Obama is also running something much more important into the ground. That must be the basis for winning this "prestigious" award.
28. quickweevil posted on 20 Dec 2012, 12:40 0 2
Wow, anti-Time, anti-Apple, anti-Obama, and a Bears fan... You, sir, are the worst...
31. GoBears posted on 20 Dec 2012, 14:46 0 1
D@mn straight, also very proud of each of those comments you made. Thank You!
18. soshi posted on 20 Dec 2012, 00:23 1 0
just because he is the opposite of his predecessors doesn't mean he is the best in tech. the times only know about apple that's way their knowledge in tech very limited
21. gallitoking posted on 20 Dec 2012, 01:32 1 9
he should be first.. keeping Apple succesful is no easy task
22. lubba posted on 20 Dec 2012, 01:35 2 0
I'd say something buts not worth it. Though i'd say this, this mag chooses the same type of people over and over every year.
27. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 20 Dec 2012, 12:07 1 0
Cook reminds of that head coach that took over the SF 49'ers after Walsh retired. He took the reigns of a Super Bowl winning team and got accolades for all the work that was put in place prior to him being in command. A few years went by and the team went south because he didn't have the skills Walsh had.
Give it at least 3-5 years and if he's doing half as good as Jobs, maybe Cook deserves the award, assuming no one has done anything more deserving of the award than just running Apple.
30. infinitemethod posted on 20 Dec 2012, 13:03 0 0
First of all, why would Obama get it in the first place? Secondly, their 2nd runner up was a CEO of a technology company that's stock as dropped 200 in just a short couple months. They literally haven't changed a single thing about iOS in 7 years and their mobile products are all exactly the same, just different sizes and are insanely over priced. Time mag. is now discredited. Science!