Tim Cook hints that there will be no new Apple products until fall
0. phoneArena 23 Apr 2013, 18:22 posted on
Apple reported a pretty solid quarter, despite the troubles with the stock price, but during the quarterly earnings call CEO Tim Cook hinted that the company would not be releasing any new products until the fall. So, it sounds like all of the rumors claiming that Apple would move to a faster release schedule may not be accurate...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6570; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Looks like they want too cash in their iproducts for the iholidays. and all their stuff will look the same as well
2. jcarrigan (unregistered)
Pretty much, and the slogans will be the same as always "the greatest thing to happen to iphone since the iphone"
6. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5850; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
They are not ready to release anything until Fall. The iP5S is having screen/fingerprint scanning problems and iOS 7 is no where ready for prime time. What are they going to do - release the iCheapo phone and declare success? That would get their share price hammered even worse - maybe close below $300.
No, they have to suck it up and wait until they have a compelling story to tell. Which means Fall, 2013.
5. Damngood (Posts: 1; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
Just give plenty of time to samsung galaxy series. what a shame apple！！！
7. clevername (Posts: 1428; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Good things come to those who wait. I remember in the early 99's Nintendo did something similar. They waited to release the Super Nintendo until it was fully ready. This also gave them time to see what the genesis offered and best it. Good strategy. Not necessarily the best. But sometimes caution is prudent.
8. ap1989 (Posts: 145; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
Shouldn't have bought a apple stock. "BUT s**t IT WAS ONLY .99 CENTS" lol
13. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
And one day it will be back at 99 cents.
11. biophone (Posts: 1893; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Heck they adopted a cycle of fall releases. This isn't a surprise.
12. Aeires (unregistered)
I call BS, people aren't going to wait that long for a watch. If they really do wait till the fall, they'll have to release something far more exciting than a timepiece. Even Motorola will likely have something exciting released by then.
14. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
They aren't the only company working on a smart watch either.
15. Luuthian (Posts: 217; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
This doesn't mean that they didn't intend to have an earlier product release. The rumors that they were planning a summer product release could have been true... It simply didn't work out that way for them.
16. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
Will they actually be "new," or just more polished turds?