Tim Cook for president???
0. phoneArena 31 Jan 2012, 14:58 posted on
While promoting his new book "Inside Apple", Adam Lashinsky finds out just how highly some Apple employees think of Tim Cook...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. aztaxia12295 (Posts: 268; Member since: 22 Nov 2009)
politics and technology are two different things, so no thank you.
16. andro. (Posts: 1977; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Apple having the president of the united states........shiver.....its seems 2012 predictions would be right!
6. thephoneguy92 (Posts: 191; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
I could only imagine what would happen if Tim Cook became president. The USA would become an island....
10. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Who's Tim Cook? Is he the one running on Sarah Palin's ticket; is he running for President or V.P.?
11. troybuilt (Posts: 155; Member since: 16 Dec 2011)
Tim Cook for President? We know he'd take over the big Apple. Communism anyone? If you don't buy an apple product you're automactically executed for treason. Google would be put on trial for conspiracy/treason for creating Android, then executed.
12. buggerrer (Posts: 292; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
lol that would be interesting .. First G.A.Y President? :D
14. ericsorensen (Posts: 51; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
What will people say when they find out his first lady isn't a lady after all?
I don't think he is electable in our society at this time.
19. SuperEd (Posts: 118; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
you are correct mate. i believe we'll see a lady as a president long before we'll see Tim there. It's just the way the majority thinks currently.
13. troybuilt (Posts: 155; Member since: 16 Dec 2011)
Just think about it, everywhere you go, there'd be an Apple employee with an iPad scanning each person entering and exiting, checking to see if you have an apple product and if you don't they pull you to side, then you get a cavity search, then shipped off to some high maxium security camp, then away trial then executed.
18. andro. (Posts: 1977; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
I almost read the article caption wrong and thought it was an article entitled " Cook the president"!!!!!
20. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6895; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Are u fckn mental? They would ban every Android device around the country and sue anyone that looks like a Ipad/Iphone EVEN MORE
21. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Apple's first presidency resolution
- Banned Android from the entire world
22. bbblader (Posts: 586; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
lol thank god i dont live in the US but in Europe because there will be even more bankrupsy not to even speak of that if steve jobs was still alive and wanted for president
everyone would go kill themselfs
23. Stoli89 (Posts: 333; Member since: 28 Jun 2010)
Mr. Cook is obviously an exceptional business executive. However, his approach to labor might make him a very vulnerable candidate (for POTUS) with the vast majority of the American electorate. I'm sure he would get a huge amount of financial backing (not that he would need much given his personal wealth) and certainly ample support from business partners in Hollywood...but I am not so sure the average American would be enthusiastic about his supply chain approach with draconian partners like Foxconn. Sure, his shareholders might be impressed...but is the average american willing to hire a guy who makes literally billions on the backs of modern day Chinese sweat shops? My guess...he will definitely get 1% of the vote. As for the Big Business firendly Republican Party...they are so anti-***, would they really support Mr. Cook?