Thriving black market for Apple iPhones and Apple iPads leads to high theft rate in the "Big Apple"
0. phoneArena 20 Aug 2012, 14:52 posted on
A black market for stolen Apple iPhone and Apple iPad devices is leading to a city-wide crime wave focusing on those two Apple devices; stolen units of Apple's iconic smartphone go for $300 unlocked in the Big Apple...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
iSwear, iDon't know those two kids in the photos or the two others in the sketch. iThought, this site was politically correct; you're not supposed to indicate race anymore, it's part of the "The New America"!
12. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
stop drinking the Obama racial kool-aid… not what this country needs again
3. themayorman (Posts: 3; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
Who said they were indicating race. Looks like a simple surveillance photo where the alleged perps are what they are - race, color, weight, height, or anything for that matter
4. theBankRobber (Posts: 681; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
It just shows the these phone companies are spending more on how high tech the are then actually trying to help prevent the stolen phones from being reactivated or put on another carrier. You figure the serial number would be able to be detected on any network and be disabled or bricked. The carriers and phone companies should have something in place to help stop stolen phones from being used. Just my honest opinion.
5. joey_sfb (Posts: 5744; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
"Apple devices stolen in New York City this year is already 50% higher than the total for all of 2011."
Look like not many will be getting their lost iPhone and iPad back unless you are someone of importants like steve job's widow.
6. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
IPhone and iPad, the next street drug. "Hey man, I need that is**t! I'll sell my kidney or even better, I'll suck your ...!" Then there'll be a movie made called "idiots n the ihood". Its that great!!!
7. imsickwithphone (banned) (Posts: 76; Member since: 17 May 2012)
Apple product can bring catastrophe.........
8. dragonstkdgirl (Posts: 144; Member since: 07 Apr 2012)
I can't believe someone else hasn't said it yet....
"Just another reason to carry an android...."
11. Seannyc (Posts: 59; Member since: 21 Jul 2012)
When ppl wants to stole your phone, u kno its have value. I honestly never seem anybody sold an andriod phone no lie.
Im using and android currently, so im neutral
13. joey_sfb (Posts: 5744; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
One of the main reason i use a low end android phone. Why would anyone wants their device to be stolen.
idevice theft worthy, brag about it! Right!
14. Seannyc (Posts: 59; Member since: 21 Jul 2012)
Or I can just wait till my high end andriod phone become a low end or standard phone in 2 month. Way too many andriod phones coming out at once.