Three's a crowd: Google said to be working on an Android smartwatch
0. phoneArena 21 Mar 2013, 23:53 posted on
With rumors swirling around Apple and Samsung about a possible smartwatch from the two rival outfits, the whole smartwatch picture got complicated on Friday morning with a report in the Financial Times that has Google also building a smartwatch; with the Android team working on the device instead of the experimental Google X team, Google might just see a big market for this product...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
I remember those android fans say watch is gimmicky and glass is better, and now I love to see some fandroid's bipolar faces :)
4. DigitalBoy05 (Posts: 209; Member since: 04 Jun 2011)
we'll be too busy broadcasting ourselves playing with our watches using glass.
9. nicholassss (Posts: 366; Member since: 10 May 2012)
"fandroid" here. I think glass is dumb. Cant wait for someone to get the smartwatch right though.
20. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
I don't think it's particularly dumb, I just don't like the current iteration of it.
If they continue to make updated models and change up it's design I think it'll become cooler. Maybe when it becomes more than just a cube of plastic on the corner of your eye, and a full glass display that also offers augmented reality.
That requires technology thats pretty far away though...
14. Aeires (unregistered)
Watch is gimmicky and glass is better. Still.
Until they can make one with a battery that lasts longer than a month, it's gimmicky. While I can tolerate my MP3 player's battery going dead, on a watch it's unacceptable to have to charge it every day or so.
19. Tele7 (Posts: 47; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
Sony (Ericsson) and LG had smartwatches way before Apple considered to make on (and before Google Glass). Then I thought it's dumb. Now they brought up this idea again, I still think it's gimmicky. And yeah, I'm and android fan.
5. istitch (Posts: 178; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
Sony has SmartWatch too, maybe they are undergoing some secret experiments.
7. MartianMe (unregistered)
I just don't want to hear apple funs saying that apple was the first one to come out with a smart watch we all know how they think. >:/
21. JunitoNH (Posts: 1402; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
You don't have to worry about Apple (sic) fun saying anything.
10. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
The irony and hypocrisy is killing me! Android fans bashing the "iWatch", now there beloved Google and Samsung is following Apple's trending footsteps! I know Sony/Samsung have done WatchPhones in the past, but NOW suddenly they want to make them again?! Wonder why?
15. MartyK (Posts: 733; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
Actually, it's call stomping (choke hold) out your competitors at every turn they make; I for one still thinks the iwatch or swatch or gwatch is, well, not useful; the screen will be to small..just my opinion.
22. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
No its called following off Apple's success. Apple brought in a smartphone/tablet/media revoloution. EVERYONE changed and followed behind Apple.
11. plgladio (Posts: 314; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
I'm lucky before everyone jumps I own Motoactv. I love it every day since I bought back in Nov 2012
12. Dingy_cellar_dweller (Posts: 218; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
If you think about it, watches haven't being in fashion for years.
There's this massive unexploited market ready for the picking as long as its made fashionable, people will buy like their’s no tomorrow.
13. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Finally someone who understands. Fashion is huge and changes just as rapidly as technology. If people think it's cool to wear a watch (which i have been seeing lately) and it hits the trending, people will buy the SHIZ out of it.
16. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1166; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
sigh* another watch coming soon tbh i find the idea of a watch connected to your phone via bluetooth stupid as it would be very battery draining :/ but normal consumers go with the flow so yeah watch become a trend must buy all watches
18. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1166; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
simply my opinion guys share your own :)
17. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
There are too many smartwatch!!! What's next?? WindowsWatch from Nokia? BBWatch from BlackBerry?