Three new Sony phones coming to the U.S. soon
0. phoneArena 15 Aug 2012, 05:57 posted on
Sony fans living in the U.S. will soon be introduced to three new handsets by the company - the Sony Xperia acro S, Xperia tipo dual and Xperia advance...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. loken (Posts: 462; Member since: 09 May 2012)
announce at iffa and its tx..
good that acro s comes to us!
3. aokde (Posts: 186; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
ray you forget to state that the acro s is as proof as the advance (also known as XPERIA go), so basically we get the xperia s, only its water, dust, and shatter proof.
4. snowgator (Posts: 3292; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
If that is true, that is a HUGE selling point. I was about to post as to why all the rugged phones (Casio Commander, Motorola Admiral) have to be so low end?
If the Acro S is truly rugged, then my enthusiasm for Sony just grew. Of the Android handset makers, Motorola, Samsung and Sony are the ones I would buy from.
5. aokde (Posts: 186; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
it's true, check it here:http://youtu.be/z53WklLf0wo
7. romeo1 (Posts: 298; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
the acro s isn't the same as the xperia go.
the acro s meets the industry standard ip55 and ip57 that means the phone is protected against dust-limited to ingress (no harmful deposits) and the effects of immersion between 15 cm and 1 m for 30 minutes.
the go meets the industry standard ip67 that means Xperia go is protected against dust and the effects of immersion between 15 cm and 1 m for 30 minutes.
9. aokde (Posts: 186; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
that's true, my bad. but still, the acro s is still a rugged sexy phone.
6. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6736; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
SONY NEEDS TO PUT THIS either on AT&T OR T-MOBILE. but still waiting WORD FOR THE RUMOR XPERIA T or GX. sorry forget the new name
8. I.P.H.O.N.E (banned) (Posts: 33; Member since: 09 May 2012)
I LOVE SONY PRODUCTS
But I think non of there phones are on par with the OneX or S3.
The Gx seem's okay!
10. Jyakotu (Posts: 823; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
I wish Sony made more CDMA devices. It was surprising how Verizon got the Xperia Play, but they had to sacrifice their beautiful UI for the standard Android UI. *sighs* And of course Sprint NEVER gets any Sony phones. Ever.
12. the_EDJ (Posts: 33; Member since: 28 Sep 2008)
I would snatch up a high end CDMA Sony phone on Sprint day one. Three of my last 4 phones have been HTC, I'm burnt out on HTC. The Galaxy S3 just doesn't impress me visually. Hardware looks and touchwiz = bleh. I wouldn't make it through two years with the phone.
C'mon Sony, take my money!
11. Jeromeo (Posts: 135; Member since: 11 Jan 2010)
It's time for all phones to be penta-band by now.
Also, it is an absolute shame that Sony Came out with the light bar (which distinguished their products from all other rectangle smartphones on the market), but they're phasing it out and now making everything (including flagships) look like mid-range crap.