Three UK is to launch the Symbian Anna-powered Nokia X7 in June
0. phoneArena 16 May 2011, 09:54 posted on
Three UK's "coming soon" page shows that it is to release the recently announced Nokia X7 at some point in June...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. OsirisRa (Posts: 46; Member since: 17 Dec 2010)
Ive been waiting for this phone to be released. Hopefully the Anna update for the E7 wont be far behind.
3. Seylan (unregistered)
If only they launched this last year, when it was leaked...the specs are good, but i wanted it to be better!
1.) 350mb internal memory, with an 8gb card included, but the X6 had 32gb internal!
2.) Even after all the negativity of the "full focus" Edof camera, they STILL put it! The X7 isn't slim slim, so they COULD have added AF, and even more megapixels...
3.) Its marketed as a gaming phone, but the games aren't amazing, especially because of the average cpu/gpu.
4.) Didn't Nokia PROMISE us dual core smartphones with True Zoom cameras for 2011? We got the opposite!
5.) 640x360 screen, no matter AMOLED/CBD, its still low! Nokia should have thought about 800x480(at least) support for Symbian years ago!
6.) That expensive price! WTF? The E6 is cheaper, and that for me seems a better deal...
7.)No video call camera? Almost all Nokia Smartphones have a video call camera, but they decide to leave it out...
Ah oh well, I will be getting a GS2, or a Sensation...But i will make sure I get a Nokia running Windows Phone 7...thats going to be epic...thumbs crossed!
4. bluechrism (unregistered)
2) I doubt they could have done more MP AND autofocus - remember the N8 has that bit sitcking out of the back to accomodate the camera. Still, yes, they could have put an AF camera in it - probably somewhere between 5 and 8mp.
4) No, they didn't promise, there were rumours, and I still think at least one of these will come true for at least one phone in Q3/Q4. Not a windows phone though, it will be one of the last Symbian devices coming when they launch pr 3.0,
5) I've always wondered the reason for the persistance with this - they have done higher res on other phones like the N900 and one of the older communicator devices, plus Jap[an has seen a Symbian device in higher res. However, Nokia Symbian S60 and Symbian 3 has so far never seen a device with higher res in both directions than 640 x 360 (the E6 is higher in one direction, not both). I've had it suggested that it's a design thing, but i wonder if there is a software limitation here, as they have shown a willingnes for higher res on other devices like the n900 and i'm sure the N9 will be the same. What I'm saying is all Symbain 3 and S60 devices had basically the same res, and they have only gone higher with non-symbian devices.
5. messiah (Posts: 434; Member since: 19 Feb 2010)
the only thing they are advertising here is the highly reflective, sub parr pixel screen....
terrible viewing angles.
6. shiv179 (unregistered)
Nokia EDoF cameras take better pics than 99% of Android phones.
7. DOJOB (unregistered)
Nokia EDoF cameras take better photo than Android phone except the Sony Ericsson Family..
8. andro (unregistered)
how the f*** the user can buy this outdated phone nokia is dumping the user with outdated os till they launches w7 f*** u nokia