This tough Android smartphone by Caterpillar can be yours for $349
0. phoneArena 17 Apr 2013, 06:35 posted on
So, you're interested in a phone that's made to last, eh? Then meet the Caterpillar Cat B15 – a smartphone that's built to withstand a lot more abuse than your average Android handset can handle safely. Protected by its tough armor made of metal and rubber, the device will survive a drop onto concrete from a height of up to 6 feet, and its IP67 certification goes to show that it can survive a dunk in water at a depth of 1 meter for 30 minutes...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
5. Aeires (unregistered)
Almost as obnoxious as the Verizon logo they slap on phones.
6. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5047; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
If this phone will be on Verizon, we must be ready for the HUGE CAT and VERIZON logo!
4. XperiaPrince (Posts: 108; Member since: 25 Dec 2012)
Looks cool :) But only sony can make elegant rugged device but this one is good too
7. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Or you can buy a Motorola defy+ for $100
8. androidsbiggestfan (Posts: 76; Member since: 09 Aug 2011)
Can't believe it only has 4GB of storage.
10. snowgator (Posts: 3187; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
I know!! Even for the hardest worker in the U.S., you can fill that up by just thinking about downloading stuff.
There will be some disappointed owners who otherwise might be happy with this He-Man of the Smartphone Universe.
11. buccob (Posts: 1307; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
512 MB of Ram is to little.... Android todays required a minimum of 1Gb of Ram to be comfortable.
I rather have the Xperia Go and get a bumper case...
12. nasko (Posts: 1; Member since: 17 Apr 2013)
I can't believe that this phone is without flash?!
13. TheMan (Posts: 372; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
This is a 3G GSM phone, so it's no surprise that the target is Europe and few -- well, only one so far -- American carrier is offering this device.
14. downphoenix (Posts: 2267; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Kyocera Torque looks to be a better rugged smartphone.
15. moolotovzz (Posts: 24; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
might be used as a weapon therefore banned from airplanes.. :D