This tiny accessory allows you to expand the storage space on any Android device
0. phoneArena 27 Mar 2014, 10:35 posted on
Meet Leef Access, a tiny card reader gadget that fits in your smartphone's micro USB slot and allows you to snap any microSD card in it. This way, you can benefit from additional storage space even if your device doesn't come with a microSD slot on board. Leef Access does exactly what you might expect from it - it enables you to transfer data between the device and the microSD card, as well as directly playback its contents on the device...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. datphoneguy (Posts: 154; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
Pretty neat and useful - plus good price too.
2. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Magic 8-Ball says that Leaf Access is a winner. Android 4.1+ FTW!
41. sarge77 (Posts: 202; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Yeah its not bad still waiting for someone to make a case with built in so support and extended battery for high end devices besides just apple. Like I expanded did.
18. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Apple would rather rape their customers into charging an extra $100 for doubling the internal storage that costs them $5...
5. Darxicus (Posts: 8; Member since: 08 Nov 2013)
Can't resist but... comma in second paragraph and third comma in the paragraph after the quote shouldn't be there
6. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
Mobiles are becoming more and more like computers !!! I dont even turn on my pc anymore !! The last time I used my pc was 3 days ago !! All thanks to Google and Android !!
7. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2096; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Wow!!! That is awesome!! 128GB compatible?
10. catt4u (Posts: 105; Member since: 09 Jul 2011)
The Meenova does ;)
8. Planterz (Posts: 1772; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
So it's a micro USB on-the-go (OTG) card reader? Not all Android devices support OTG. Supported by software, yes, but not necessarily by the hardware. And sometimes, even if supported by hardware, it requires root and tweaking (like StickMount).
33. jroc74 (Posts: 5726; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Not a fly in the soup....an informative post. A recent Android update for the Moto G took it away....I think its back now tho.
38. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3577; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
How is he being a fly in the soup? Would you want to buy this just to find out it doesn't work for your device? I don't think so. It was informative. +1 to him.
32. Professor (Posts: 200; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
I agree... Not all phones (like Nexus) can read external SD or Micro-SD cards even if the connector fits...
9. catt4u (Posts: 105; Member since: 09 Jul 2011)
I've been using the Meenova Mini MicroSD Card Reader for Android for a couple of months now.
It was a Kickstarter project last year and it looks like the Meenova is more compact than the Leef.
On top of that I'd rather buy the Meenova because those guys did a wonderful job!
Take a look here:
12. jmonteiro829 (Posts: 166; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
I have one too... actually like the design better because I can put it on my key ring. Great device!!
15. VZWuser76 (Posts: 3059; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
Agreed, and the micro SD card doesn't stick out on the Meenova either. Use it on all my devices.
11. LikeMyself (Posts: 398; Member since: 23 Sep 2013)
Wow! So cheap!
And suddenly HTC M7,Nexus, G2 became super deals for me as they are cheaper now and are on par with new flagships! This is awesome as I watch tons of videos on my phone! I will change my S2 in 2 months time now!
25. JunitoNH (Posts: 1395; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
16. azalucel (Posts: 126; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
The difference between this and the meenovais you can have a micro sd card and a full sized sd card at the same time the meenova only does the singular micro sd
20. VZWuser76 (Posts: 3059; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
While convenient, I wouldn't want something sticking that far out of my micro USB charging port. Just seems like it's begging to be snapped off.
21. VZWuser76 (Posts: 3059; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
Just did a check, and it doesn't do full sized SD cards, but it has a slot for a second micro SD card.
31. azalucel (Posts: 126; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
Well either way they have a ribbon for micro to full sd that you can put on your normal external and you can get a 256 gb sd card for that and 2 128 micros for the leef which gives you 512 gb plus your internal
17. LeBrownJames (Posts: 201; Member since: 17 Mar 2014)
Great! This will be helpful for those who own great phones without expandable storage especially the LG/Nexus owners.
23. JunitoNH (Posts: 1395; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Nice...........oh..........sweet. Why did it take so long?
26. VZWuser76 (Posts: 3059; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
Don't know, the Meenova made reader has been out since mid October 2013.
29. JunitoNH (Posts: 1395; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Amazon is getting more, so might as well put your order in now.
35. jroc74 (Posts: 5726; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
All things being equal....if the device has a micro USB slot it should.
40. tokuzumi (Posts: 720; Member since: 27 Aug 2009)
This is pretty cool, although, I'd rather have a USB OTG cable. That way, I can plug anything in, such as flash drives, USB mouse/keyboard, etc. The price for this accessory is very reasonable.
42. zalbad (Posts: 1; Member since: 01 Apr 2014)
They could do it for iphone, kind of like how mophi lets you use a micro usb charge by incorporating the micro sd card into a slim case. this could allow for a micro usb/usb jumper for charging and data transfer.