This metal-clad Galaxy S IV concept render should be framed at Samsung's design desk
0. phoneArena 06 Feb 2013, 02:50 posted on
Concept phone renderings are where the imagination can run wild and very rarely jibe with production and marketing realities at big companies, but one can dream, right..?
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
55. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
shock proof= drop the phone in the bath tub followed by a toaster.
shatter proof= ??...no
49. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Ketal is stronger than plastic or glass. Damn i wish companies would hire this guy too design the phone
52. jsdechavez (Posts: 708; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Samsung can't do metal.. But they just might since ehermm... the iphone did it. haha
53. dirtydirty00 (Posts: 411; Member since: 21 Jan 2011)
Ever think... this might really be the S4?
nothing lists metal frame. that isnt necessarily metal.
58. joesseth (Posts: 61; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
nice design... Samsung can make with this design but with plastic, of course.
59. imkyle (Posts: 1059; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Gorgeous concept. The front speakers are my favorite.
61. freebee269 (Posts: 532; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
this is a very nice looking concept. if they could change the body to a polycarbonate body and keep everything else, i think this would be a clear winner for the year.
64. akki20892 (Posts: 3811; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Nothing like Nokia Lumia 920........i think this the best design for S4. Try that samsung or u will down in design again like S3 was.
66. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
I miss the days when HTC had designs like this. Desire HD and Sensation was beautiful for their time.
69. Taters (Posts: 5827; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
If Samsung doesn't use metal it is calculated. They used metal in the tab 7.7 and it was lighter and thinner than the iPad mini and that was 2 years ago. They can do pretty much what they want as you can see from the tab 7.7 metal chassis and the amazing LED on the Nexus 10.
If they go plastic again and AMOLED, it's calculated and for the better.
70. Taters (Posts: 5827; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Not to mention the Galaxy camera screen is a pretty nice LED.