This is what happens when you use the Raspberry Pi single-board computer to build a phone
0. phoneArena 29 Apr 2014, 01:43 posted on
Back in January, we told you about a DIY enthusiast who had created his own, fully-functional wooden tablet, powered by the Raspberry Pi chipset. This curious news made us think how long it will take before someone else tried to make use of the minimalistic chip and put it in a DIY phone, assembled in their basements...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
20. engineer-1701d (Posts: 640; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
80s you mean early 2000 remember nextel and nokia and others had that till 2006
2. Sauce (unregistered)
Better than WP.
All jokes aside:
THIS. IS. AWESOME!
3. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3078; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Bravery eh! You are lucky though not too many nokia fanboys online today.
13. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 913; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
I'm a Nokia fanboy but I'm in no way a WP fanboy and i have a brain !
going back on topic
THIS. IS. AWESOME!
18. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3078; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Why are you so butthurt? You are a disgrace for fandroids.
4. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2650; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Looks like some sort of detonator. I wouldn't carry this phone into the airport :)
8. Sauce (unregistered)
5. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2650; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
And with a can of black spray paint, this could become the new secure "BlackPiPhone". Add a big red LED for "secure mode", and it'd be "BlackCherryPiPhone" :)
6. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2650; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Without a doubt, the top phone of 2014. PiPhone FTW.
9. Killua (Posts: 262; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
Compared to the nowadays devices, it looks like Frankenstein's Monster. Well, it might be useful for learning purpose, not sure for what else.
12. malikmoreni (Posts: 3; Member since: 29 Apr 2014)
Man!! like my Router's Antenna, cant drop a nokia 3310 for this :D
19. frustyak (Posts: 148; Member since: 08 Mar 2010)
If Apple made this it would sell it for $500.
22. NinjaBanana (Posts: 24; Member since: 20 Apr 2014)
If Android made this is would sell for none because Android sucks.