This is what a 4.8 inch Apple iPhone Math might look like
0. phoneArena 22 Jan 2013, 22:00 posted on
On Monday, it was believed that an Apple iPhone with a 4.8 inch screen would be introduced in June at the same time that the 7th-generation Apple iPhone would be unveiled as the Apple iPhone 5S; but that was Monday and the latest rumor has two 4 inch models coming this year, and a larger screened model not coming until 2014 or beyond...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
50. darkkjedii (Posts: 7766; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
And u know all this based on an obvious mockup of a phone that has yet to even b announced. U even put a lot of thought into, cuz actually your comment isn't a typical dumb iOS bashing comment. It is however unfounded at this time.
48. darkkjedii (Posts: 7766; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Apple wants to sell this thing, not give it away. It will look nothing like that... Apple doesn't make ugly products. The phone will b re envisioned.
54. Samsomesh (Posts: 180; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
Just strech the iphone5 sideways you'll get this... Same design..
55. N-fanboy (Posts: 341; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
Bigger doesnt mean better! The only thing i like about apple's phones is the fact that the have a small but perfect screen, now that it appears apple is also doing it big i'll just have to stick with my S2.
56. .warrenmosler (Posts: 5; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
They need two models, with 4 and 5 inch screens and big square live tiles on the big one.
57. jonartpop (Posts: 148; Member since: 25 Oct 2012)
4.8"? The first thing when I heard that I thought 'very Galaxy S3' lol
58. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
well thanks a lot apple but your current 5 looks like an empire state building..and wow! 6 rows of apps. that's higly innovative. keep doing it, apple.
59. Aeires (unregistered)
"Dear marketing department, please begin working on a new advertisement that completely makes people forget about all the times we told them the iPhone5 was the perfect size."
61. AfterShock (Posts: 521; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Must utilize a new dock connect too I'd guess, all that extra real estate might as well make plug smaller or something.
Apple, leading from behind.
62. marchels14 (unregistered)
They should get rid of the huge bazel at the top and the bottom ,smaller phone with larger display.
67. howardbarrett (Posts: 44; Member since: 11 Jan 2013)
Perhaps under Scott Forstall it would have looked like that. He no longer works at Apple though. Jony Ive is now at the helm of iOS. I'm not sure how much he can change iOS given the time frame for the next iPhone. We'll just have to wait and see.
68. rusticguy (Posts: 2699; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Ive is busy decorating his 17 mil house so nothing much this year on iOS :)
70. networkdood (Posts: 4749; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
A bigger version of the same boring phone will probably still sell...there's a sucker born every minute...in America.
72. scsa852k (Posts: 237; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
I just love the fact that so many iphone haters lurk around PA.
77. networkdood (Posts: 4749; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
well, it is sad when a phone is outdated and people think it is the greatest thing since the invention of the wheel....only in America
76. moronman66 (Posts: 145; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
I'm more inclined to believe that they will go with a 4.5 inch next, they aren't too picky about trends, as currently the standard is pretty much 4.3 inches but they went with 4 inches, and at 4.5 inches, a 720p would set it perfectly at a pixel density of 326 ppi, so a "Retina Display".
78. gaurang (Posts: 94; Member since: 16 Nov 2012)
looking at the pace at which apple is going..the iphone 10 or iphone 12 wil surely have this screen size....
80. Savage1701 (Posts: 9; Member since: 19 Jun 2011)
What a bunch of silliness. They just rendered in an extra row of icons that added some height. Wow.
82. jsdechavez (Posts: 651; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Oh...another stretch limo iPhone...bleeeh..ugly.
83. CraxMC (Posts: 3; Member since: 29 Jan 2013)
For me it's okay that the iPhone's size is 4" if it's UI is redesigned to compete with other OS
85. Imaxxacre (Posts: 21; Member since: 23 Aug 2009)
If this video turns out to be legitimate, I'll blow myself.
86. UsernameUser (Posts: 6; Member since: 09 Feb 2013)
It looks positively idiotic. In twenty years, we'll have a five foot long iPhone that's still considered "portable"... Oh, wait... No we won't! Apple is no longer ingenious enough to turn a profit. Bye-bye!