This is what a 4.8 inch Apple iPhone Math might look like
0. phoneArena posted on 22 Jan 2013, 22:00
On Monday, it was believed that an Apple iPhone with a 4.8 inch screen would be introduced in June at the same time that the 7th-generation Apple iPhone would be unveiled as the Apple iPhone 5S; but that was Monday and the latest rumor has two 4 inch models coming this year, and a larger screened model not coming until 2014 or beyond...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
50. darkkjedii posted on 23 Jan 2013, 04:12 0 1
And u know all this based on an obvious mockup of a phone that has yet to even b announced. U even put a lot of thought into, cuz actually your comment isn't a typical dumb iOS bashing comment. It is however unfounded at this time.
48. darkkjedii posted on 23 Jan 2013, 04:08 1 3
Apple wants to sell this thing, not give it away. It will look nothing like that... Apple doesn't make ugly products. The phone will b re envisioned.
54. Samsomesh posted on 23 Jan 2013, 05:33 0 0
Just strech the iphone5 sideways you'll get this... Same design..
55. N-fanboy posted on 23 Jan 2013, 05:39 1 0
Bigger doesnt mean better! The only thing i like about apple's phones is the fact that the have a small but perfect screen, now that it appears apple is also doing it big i'll just have to stick with my S2.
56. .warrenmosler posted on 23 Jan 2013, 06:16 0 0
They need two models, with 4 and 5 inch screens and big square live tiles on the big one.
57. jonartpop posted on 23 Jan 2013, 07:06 0 0
4.8"? The first thing when I heard that I thought 'very Galaxy S3' lol
58. jackhammeR posted on 23 Jan 2013, 07:19 1 0
well thanks a lot apple but your current 5 looks like an empire state building..and wow! 6 rows of apps. that's higly innovative. keep doing it, apple.
59. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 23 Jan 2013, 07:39 0 0
"Dear marketing department, please begin working on a new advertisement that completely makes people forget about all the times we told them the iPhone5 was the perfect size."
61. AfterShock posted on 23 Jan 2013, 07:43 0 0
Must utilize a new dock connect too I'd guess, all that extra real estate might as well make plug smaller or something.
Apple, leading from behind.
62. marchels14 posted on 23 Jan 2013, 08:05 0 0
They should get rid of the huge bazel at the top and the bottom ,smaller phone with larger display.
67. howardbarrett posted on 23 Jan 2013, 09:43 0 0
Perhaps under Scott Forstall it would have looked like that. He no longer works at Apple though. Jony Ive is now at the helm of iOS. I'm not sure how much he can change iOS given the time frame for the next iPhone. We'll just have to wait and see.
68. rusticguy posted on 23 Jan 2013, 10:30 0 0
Ive is busy decorating his 17 mil house so nothing much this year on iOS :)
70. networkdood posted on 23 Jan 2013, 11:38 0 0
A bigger version of the same boring phone will probably still sell...there's a sucker born every minute...in America.
72. scsa852k posted on 23 Jan 2013, 14:32 0 0
I just love the fact that so many iphone haters lurk around PA.
77. networkdood posted on 23 Jan 2013, 21:03 0 0
well, it is sad when a phone is outdated and people think it is the greatest thing since the invention of the wheel....only in America
76. moronman66 posted on 23 Jan 2013, 21:00 0 0
I'm more inclined to believe that they will go with a 4.5 inch next, they aren't too picky about trends, as currently the standard is pretty much 4.3 inches but they went with 4 inches, and at 4.5 inches, a 720p would set it perfectly at a pixel density of 326 ppi, so a "Retina Display".
78. gaurang posted on 24 Jan 2013, 02:54 0 0
looking at the pace at which apple is going..the iphone 10 or iphone 12 wil surely have this screen size....
80. Savage1701 posted on 24 Jan 2013, 07:18 0 0
What a bunch of silliness. They just rendered in an extra row of icons that added some height. Wow.
82. jsdechavez posted on 27 Jan 2013, 08:47 0 0
Oh...another stretch limo iPhone...bleeeh..ugly.
83. CraxMC posted on 29 Jan 2013, 05:28 0 0
For me it's okay that the iPhone's size is 4" if it's UI is redesigned to compete with other OS
85. Imaxxacre posted on 31 Jan 2013, 15:10 0 0
If this video turns out to be legitimate, I'll blow myself.
86. UsernameUser posted on 09 Feb 2013, 03:18 0 0
It looks positively idiotic. In twenty years, we'll have a five foot long iPhone that's still considered "portable"... Oh, wait... No we won't! Apple is no longer ingenious enough to turn a profit. Bye-bye!