This is what a 4.8 inch Apple iPhone Math might look like
0. phoneArena 22 Jan 2013, 22:00 posted on
On Monday, it was believed that an Apple iPhone with a 4.8 inch screen would be introduced in June at the same time that the 7th-generation Apple iPhone would be unveiled as the Apple iPhone 5S; but that was Monday and the latest rumor has two 4 inch models coming this year, and a larger screened model not coming until 2014 or beyond...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
69. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
4.8 inch? It will take a million year for Apple to complete that course of evolution.
73. omar300 (Posts: 209; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
If apple doesnt change that ugly 6 years old UI that will be just sad. How do people even compare this to android, windows and BB10?
25. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Actually, I think the word is DATED. As in a UI that is dated. Lipstick on a pig is still a pig.
47. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1236; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
absolutely spot on my friend! I mean Apple has to bring some design changes like the OS UI, presentation, do away with annodied aluminum and for crying out loud do away with the giant-ass bazel on top and bottom which take most of the phone!
The ip5 is nearly as tall as the Note 2 with just a 4 inch screen....wonder how they grow 'em at Apple :)
51. darkkjedii (Posts: 21320; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I would love to see em lose the extra bezel. One of the things I do not like about an otherwise beautiful device. As usual u speak true, and intelligent... It's time for apple to hit one outta the park.
71. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1236; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Wonder y they're call in it Math though...could it be maybe because of some exciting new feature to do with Math, archoitecture and graphics just like how did note has productivity features because that would be really sweet to see
75. darkkjedii (Posts: 21320; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I think this could b a make, or break device. Your thoughts please?
79. alexvoda (Posts: 26; Member since: 11 Jan 2013)
Actually lipstik on a pig is still lipstick but a pig wearing lipstick is still a pig.
28. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
yes, the same for many years....but bigger an iConBoard, the best innovation ever :)
37. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
if its a 4.8..... apple going to add 2 rows and 5th column in it...
39. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
ow that must be innovation of the millionium :O who could possibly do that it was impossible to add extra rows with columns no other company could do it
40. maxis3G (unregistered)
boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring.....
iphone are boring....
63. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
whats wrong kid i was trying to tell you a a joke while you are alos a joke
43. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 805; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Exactly.. Then Apple will sue all others for adding extra rows of icons...LOL
41. AmitMajumder (Posts: 178; Member since: 21 May 2012)
"4.8 inch, taller but not wider" imagine how it would look!
81. maxis3G (unregistered)
and still boring...
84. CraxMC (Posts: 3; Member since: 29 Jan 2013)
It's not ugly, e're not just use to it...For me it's okay that the iPhone's size is 4" if it's UI is redesigned to compete with other OS
2. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1488; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
i can remember that 9gag meme - iphone 20 will be the length of a sword
18. Lift_Off (Posts: 152; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
Blah blah boring, blah blah no innovation, blah blah android is superior.
There now you dont have to read any of the comments and just read the article.
22. quakan (Posts: 1373; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Yeah that's typically how it goes on here unfortunately.
35. kozza3 (Posts: 698; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
how would you like the comment section to be?
19. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1166; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I will say this, the first thing that popped in my mind was that Samsung commercial:
"This year we're finally getting everything we didn't get last year."
Some other guy chimes in: "A big screen!"
33. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3779; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Did you guys miss the opening line..."We bet that once you read yesterday's speculation about an Apple iPhone with a 4.8 inch screen, you started daydreaming of what such a model would look like."...man! Alan really made all of us sound like iFans right there!!
74. phonemirer (Posts: 111; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
iphone 101 was taller than eiffel tower, and note 8 as big as a swimming pool.
what about i5s ??
- old even on release date
5. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
jungle of icons an d ugly. Looks more like a Chinese phone
6. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
iFind it sooo hilarious that the way the size of the iPhones are judged is by rows of silly icons :/
7. yougotkilled1 (Posts: 167; Member since: 27 Apr 2011)
Adding one extra row for apps would be considered a major change. Yay? -___-
8. gazmatic (Posts: 795; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
another row of icons
re vo Lu tion ary
9. alterecho (Posts: 1098; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
I fear i won't be able to come to terms with future mobile sizes.
10. techguy22 (Posts: 227; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
lmfaooo,. more icon rows in 720P now=MAGICAL
im sure that iPhone is going to release in 10 or 20 years. say 2030?
11. joey18 (Posts: 589; Member since: 20 Jul 2010)
f**kgly iphone if this iphone was not home buttons I get it but apple returning to rim back in the fucture
12. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
OMG, it looks like my lovely and lusciously huge Galaxy Note 2, except with a round Home button. Samsung should sue those "copycat, copycat, nothing but a copycat, Apple is a copycat."
14. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1488; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
calm doooon ......Apple won't be making any 4+ inch devices this year ,
60. darkkjedii (Posts: 21320; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Apple didn't post, or mock that dummy.
15. ZetanAlaz (Posts: 14; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
haha, saw that coming..
Folks, behold the "Revolutionary 6th Row" there!
16. biophone (Posts: 1956; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
I would prefer a 4 inch iphone then a 4.8. I used to think 3.5-4 was perfect but now with the slimmer phones and smaller bezeles 3.5-4.3 is perfect for me with my average/small hands. I can do 4.5 thats fine its just a tad to big. With a very small bezel maybe I could comfortably use a 4.8 inch iphone but I would prefer them to keep within the 4-4.3 and 4.5 at the biggest . I still think my iphone 4 screen size is perfect 90% of the time. Really amazing for texting and phone calls. It's a bit small for video though.
Ofcourse everyone has varrying handsizes and that changes what phone size they are comfortable with.
21. BattleBrat (Posts: 1458; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I agree, a 4.0" android phone made by Moto or Sony (I'm thinking iPhone 4/4s SIZED (it'll run android) would be perfect for me, but the Flagships are all huge, and there aren't really any premium smaller phones
65. darkkjedii (Posts: 21320; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I agree with u. I hope it's gets to b no more than 4.5.
17. someones4 (Posts: 625; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Lol.."the main change is the sixth row of apps'
26. deadstroke (Posts: 113; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
it will come so there can call it the new innovation from apple, then we call it a pieces of junk!!
27. AlienDrone117 (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
One more app row, 4.8", 12MP, and still no NFC????? Not to mention that there is no news regarding a 1080p screen or a change in appearance!
29. Jurdiales (Posts: 133; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
The PlayStation 3 has the Dualshock 3 for example, Is virtually the same controller as the 1997 Dualshock and the 2000 Dualshock 2, here applies when someone says "If its not broken, don't fix it"...
But the iPhone Math the same as the iPhone 4 and the iPhone 5??? Why? I like the iPhone 4 design, but the same again, again, and again... it feels like a Deja Vu...
30. wildcard (Posts: 65; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
woooow it is sooooo so ...ugly only an apple fan will love it
31. zackh121556 (Posts: 101; Member since: 01 Feb 2012)
More and more icon rows...doesnt matter how big the screen gets because it will always look the same. If you really want to know what a big screen phone looks like, just look at almost every other phone put out last year :-). Way to be behind the times...at this point...is it your standard Apple?
36. Bozzor (Posts: 177; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Firstly, iPhone Math is ridiculous - the reality is that this has been mis-heard by someone whose first language is not English as "iPhone Math" when what someone actually said was "iPhone Max" - or it may have been that someone saw something written as "iPhone +" and took that to mean "iPhone Math".
And just adding another row of icons? I doubt it: much more sense for Apple to increase screen size to 4.8 inches and then double (OK, quadruple) the resolution to 2272 x 1280: that would give them huge bragging rights, and I believe that pixel density is doable with the vaunted IGZO screen technology. And it would be a very simple matter for app developers to simply double the resolution as they did for the 3GS to the iPhone 4. The 4S to 5 leap was tricky because of the change in aspect ratios, but the solution as above would be a great way to answer a challenge.
66. kboo1995 (unregistered)
That is not gonna happen body
38. Rocksteady (unregistered)
Maybe apple is trying to rename widgets, as an excuse to use them, then call it their own creation, apple is stuck with the icons, and all they can do is give more rows of icons.
Maybe the iphone 7 will see and extra COLUMN of icons, that would change everything again.
46. iDroid8 (Posts: 155; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
One extra row of icons was added because the phone became just longer, w/o any increase in width-due to a change in aspect ratio
And now since the aspect ratio is to be kept the same, increase will be in both rows and columns-especially if screen size increases from 4" to the massive(for phone) 4.8"
Still, apple have to do something with this UI, the undisputed winner of 2007 may not be the same in 2013 -_-