This is the best LG Nexus 5 image we've seen yet
0. phoneArena 30 Sep 2013, 21:29 posted on
We're all pretty excited to see what Google has in store with the Nexus 5 (as it is assumed to be named), which is being built by LG and is based on the LG G2. We don't know a lot about the device for sure. We know it will be the premiere device for Android 4.4 KitKat, and from the leaked pics we've seen, it looks to have a fairly large camera lens (compared to any phone other than the Lumia 1020)...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Cha7520 (Posts: 221; Member since: 31 Oct 2010)
Come on Google....just announce it already!
7. sharks (Posts: 236; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
The N5 camera looks a lot like the HTC One. It's definitely not an Ultrapixel camera, but i think it will give some pretty good shots in low-light.
12. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3761; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
You can say that just by looking at the camera module huh??
22. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
lol finally someone said that!
dont know what these kids think they know when they see camera module. this camera hump could be really good looking and happen to have the worst camera internals any phone has ever had.
26. sckortyman (Posts: 23; Member since: 19 Sep 2013)
if you guys look at the camera, its not even that big. They just put a huge metal circle around t to make it look nice. The camera is still normal sized
27. PootisMan (Posts: 250; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
I know the waiting is just killing me, release the phone Google!
28. madmikepr (Posts: 138; Member since: 09 Aug 2011)
yes and released already AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!
54. miket247 (Posts: 81; Member since: 16 Apr 2013)
+1 I can't wait anymore....Huurrrrryyy UPPPPPP!
58. madmikepr (Posts: 138; Member since: 09 Aug 2011)
yes hurry up and i dont care to pay a little more for great specs :)
29. PootisMan (Posts: 250; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that a white Nexus 5 I see on the left?
40. zhiae (unregistered)
i hate how the camera looks like
53. miket247 (Posts: 81; Member since: 16 Apr 2013)
+1 I can't wait for them to out it. Hurry up and take my money already Google!!!!!!!
2. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I still don't like the horizontal Nexus logo. Just seems weird.
8. Commentator (Posts: 3685; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Just the "X" on the back would look way better.
9. gustavoace (Posts: 180; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
I dont like the desing either... I'll sell my N4 and get it anyway, but I wish it could look better... N4 is great (not as great as Nexus S was, btw), but this huge camera is weird....
17. Valdomero (Posts: 174; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Let's hope it's just a prototype and that LG has designed a really good looking phone. I'd sell my N4 right away.
50. Jonathan41 (Posts: 532; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
I like it. I like how big it is. It clearly tells the viewer the name of the brand even when their not in arms length without "breaking the plane" like a horizontal logo would.
13. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3761; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I've read two reports...one from gsmarena (recently) about the battery capacity stopping midway at 2300mAh... And if that's true, Nexus 5 has a big issue on it's head.
Maybe it's just a report on a prototype, but it's there.
21. sckortyman (Posts: 23; Member since: 19 Sep 2013)
Its one probably in an otherwise super high-end $350 phone. And the battery should get you through a day easy. The htc one has the same sized battery but the n5 as a s800 (which is more power efficient than the s600) and kitkat (hopefully bring some battery improvements).
44. Suo.Eno (Posts: 498; Member since: 17 Feb 2013)
I'd like to believe that I really do but call me superstitious after running this GT-I9100G of mine w/ the standard 1650mAh till now, I reckon a better state of peace of mind if I can get double that or 3000mAh at least. We can take the rated numbers roughly sure but in reality you can easily shave off 2 - 3hrs scr on time out of the equation.
4. imkyle (Posts: 1073; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
If you do not need LTE and you have the current Nexus 4, there is no immediate rush to get this phone.
5. darkskoliro (Posts: 1076; Member since: 07 May 2012)
i really dont like the camera and the logo on the back
6. ayephoner (Posts: 850; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
any cost projections yet?
any CDMA rumors?
11. milesboy5 (Posts: 178; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
Am I the only one who has been liking the leaked design so far?
To me the plain back with nexus written on it is simple, along with that there is nothing to distract from what appears to be a decent size camera lens.
23. sckortyman (Posts: 23; Member since: 19 Sep 2013)
I feel the same way. Plus i wont have to worry about breaking the glass back anymore :D
55. miket247 (Posts: 81; Member since: 16 Apr 2013)
Everyone has to whine about something. Its going to be an A$$KICKER, take no prisoners, with a great price compared to all the other phones in the market.....But some peeps have to bitch about this or that!
45. theizzz (Posts: 12; Member since: 01 Oct 2013)
Had a Gnex on Big Red and I would have to say I hope Verizon stays far away from this phone. Switching to gsm very soon.
16. N.Reynolds (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Feb 2011)
Oh my yes. And to think I already bought a note 3. Might have to get this as well.
18. R-vjn (Posts: 178; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
Gosh, from that image the front seems to have lost one of my most loved thing about my Nexus 4, those curving edges. Anyways, lets wait and see the release of the 'DADDY OF ANDROIDS''.
19. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1236; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
I don't think it's ugly but still not sure if it's doing it for me. It needs one killer feature.
35. boosook (Posts: 1436; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Stock android, always the latest version, price, usability (i.e. smooth, good screen, not too big). These were the killer features of the N4 and will be the killer features of the N5.
20. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1419; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Most probably the smoothest android device, really nice exterior, great battery life, mediocore camera as usually. Since being into photography if it doesnt perform equally to S4/5S in terms of camera performance I will be disappointed like I was last year with nexus 4 camera.
25. DLanor1107 (Posts: 31; Member since: 01 Apr 2013)
I think they will put their nexus logo horizontally in all their upcoming nexus devices starting with N7. The camera on the back looks the same with N7 too... Anyway, this will be a good phone. I love pure android, no bloatwares and always get the upgrades first than others...
32. lifeyourlive (Posts: 126; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)
i really hope nexus 5 will be just google edition of LG G2 that would be the most amazing device on the planet right now, however i saw the rumored specifications of nexus 5, it doesn't look like that so far, let's hope those rumors are wrong
33. jan25 (Posts: 470; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
Hey, the Nexus 5 on the left has a white cover!!!!
36. nicknowsky (Posts: 13; Member since: 30 Sep 2013)
I want one I have new nexus 4 I just got I cracked the box but haven't used it maybe I should just sell ASAP
37. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
The only one confusing thing for me is such wide glass on the camera eye. It looks ugly and I'm pretty sure that such small camera eye won't utilize whole diameter of such wide glass. It looks like a door peephole.
38. jameshoe (unregistered)
The design is ...
39. twens (Posts: 978; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
We mostly do our activities in the day time. When did low light become the basic feature to look for in a smart phones camera? I will prefer a better day light camera like the LG g2, note 3 and s4 any day. Afterall, that's why they come with flash for night pictures.
51. Damo579 (Posts: 242; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Because we don't take pictures in perfect conditions all the time.
41. Trex95 (Posts: 900; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
I Prefer the Nexus 4 design and looks. Nexus 5 looks ugly specially that camera protection glass looks like chameleon eye.
43. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3761; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Maybe, but the resolution will be has to keep up with.
Phones with 720p resolution are still hard to manage for a day even with above 2000mAh battery.
If the processor helps, then it's all for the better...good for all of us.
46. Sakeem (Posts: 460; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
The suspense.........lol....can't wait to know more officially.
48. Penywyz (banned) (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
Still waiting and hoping for a Motorola Nexus Device. :( Sigh....
52. Damo579 (Posts: 242; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Looks like my next phone. Of course I'll change my avatar when it happens. I'm going to miss Nokia....
57. ChafedBanana (Posts: 381; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Has a Nexus ever had a really good camera? No. Decent maybe.