This is perhaps the greatest iPhone concept ever
0. phoneArena posted on 24 Aug 2011, 11:11
Check out this video of a completely fake but completely awesome Apple iPhone concept that packs a holographic display and a laser keyboard into an ultra-thin body…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. ChiquiKon posted on 24 Aug 2011, 11:19 6 0
Different BUT similar..... dated Sept 24, 2010
9. darth8ball posted on 24 Aug 2011, 11:32 4 3
back to stealing ideas, can't even not steal fake iDiotPhone ideas.
19. tryptech (unregistered) posted on 24 Aug 2011, 12:22 3 3
Troll? I think so.
49. Pirate Ninja (unregistered) posted on 26 Aug 2011, 01:15 0 0
Wanna see cool concept phone try this one from microsoft
28. protozeloz posted on 24 Aug 2011, 14:00 1 0
dam I need a concept designer.... wonder how much they charge :(
29. corps1089 posted on 24 Aug 2011, 14:04 3 0
Thanks for finding this for me Chiquikon so I didn't have to go looking for it in my bookmarks. In fact Ken N. has a post about it on some obscure site called Phone Arena.http://www.phonearena.com/news
Maybe Ian M. should have done some checking before making this post?
Naah, its not like IP, Patents, suing for infringement, suing to ban products, and licensing deals are topical right now...
37. box (unregistered) posted on 24 Aug 2011, 16:17 2 0
Your comment is so full of win! I award you 3 internets.
3. Rich (unregistered) posted on 24 Aug 2011, 11:20 0 0
ehh.... would be awesome... but lets keep in mind that EVEN THO APPLE IS NICE A SLEEK AND HIP DOESN'T MEAN ITS NECESSARILY THAT ADVANCED... DEFINITELY NOT THIS ADVANCED.
4. andro (unregistered) posted on 24 Aug 2011, 11:21 7 3
Tech like this wouldn't be in an apple phone for about tens years to be honest as Apple will implement tech features like this really slowly one by one and convince their isheep to buy ever single iphone each time for a single update.
Android and others on the other hand would get all the treats in one and no knee bowing before the apple overlords
5. wumberpeb posted on 24 Aug 2011, 11:22 3 3
That was pretty cool...I'd jump the android ship for an iPhone that could do that
But its fake
And I'd probably return it within 2 weeks once it gets old
6. joaolx posted on 24 Aug 2011, 11:22 0 0
Everything he showed is possible except the holographic screen.
7. charger2 (unregistered) posted on 24 Aug 2011, 11:27 0 0
Ill buy it.... and im not the biggest iphone fan. but that is nice
8. dayz (unregistered) posted on 24 Aug 2011, 11:30 0 0
so fake that you cant plug-in the 30-pin dock connector.
45. you idiot! (unregistered) posted on 25 Aug 2011, 12:16 0 0
Yes you can!
10. wentworth (unregistered) posted on 24 Aug 2011, 11:40 2 0
Let's call it iPhone 10.
11. iCrap (unregistered) posted on 24 Aug 2011, 11:49 1 1
Speaking of something made by iSheeps.
12. cncrim posted on 24 Aug 2011, 11:54 0 0
THIS IS ONLY HAPPEN IN VIDEO. I'm absolutely 100% sure apple is not that advanced specially the the last part where the holigram project in the midair ....... it going to take alot more energy then just iphone power to control the image project midair.
As far as the project keyboard that is more in the reach of today technology.
15. KEVlN posted on 24 Aug 2011, 12:07 1 0
Its just a concept... No one actually believes this exists.
14. KEVlN posted on 24 Aug 2011, 12:04 2 0
That's paper thin... I'd be so uncomfortable holding it. Looks like it would snap just by putting it in your pocket. I like streamline designs but c'mon... They gotta draw the line somewhere. Otherwise nice concepts.
24. kainy posted on 24 Aug 2011, 12:56 1 0
Don't like that thin either ... imagine ... 0.5mm thin edge to edge display ... you just can't hold it properly :D
16. habbibte posted on 24 Aug 2011, 12:18 1 1
The iphone is overpriced and overrated and go ahead and bite me for it, but I totally agree with Andro, android will do it all in one phone and apple will parse it out a little teensy bit at a time in order to make the most $, no thanks, I am so willing to pay less for more every time!
17. jhood2323 (unregistered) posted on 24 Aug 2011, 12:19 0 0
they stole tony starks phone from part one
18. blade19 posted on 24 Aug 2011, 12:21 1 1
I know this is just a concept and probably not even true. Even though there are laser keyboards out there already, with the way things are now Apple will patent the idea, hug it and call it theirs and sue the other companies that invited with the technology first.... just saying... LOL :)
20. iphoneblows (unregistered) posted on 24 Aug 2011, 12:29 4 2
Are you kidding me??...Apple come out with something revolutionary? Please....the cost to make the current iPhone is one of the cheapest among the "superphones" and they demand the most of any vendor. $660+ for an iPhone 4, which is well over $100 more than the competittion. The iPhone is going to be the death of the independant phone agent. All my cash flow is tied in buying the dam thing and I receive no residuals on iPhone sales. My profit margin is 3 bucks....yes 3 bucks. I make much much more on Samsung, Motorola, and LG super phone sales and those are 4G devices with bigger/better screens, better processors and faster speeds. It kills me that Apple is such a marketing powerhouse that thet've got everyone convinced that the iPhone is the device to have....well since the iphone has arrived at VZW half my devices walking out the door have been iphones and all the $$$$ is going in Steve Job's pocket....all in the name of profitability and market share. Nice to know Apple cares about the small business man/woman
FU Steve Jobs....I hope you get burried in a icasket!
34. biscutbob posted on 24 Aug 2011, 14:16 0 0
Yea thumbs up man! f*ck steve J
icasket! hahaha now that would be revolutionary.
22. rcy189 posted on 24 Aug 2011, 12:38 1 0
That was pretty cool. Perhaps in another few years we may see something like this, whether it's from Apple, Android or someone else because people are always thinking of new ideas.
26. Brad (unregistered) posted on 24 Aug 2011, 13:47 3 0
CLEARLY stolen from Microsoft. Nice job StevenJ!!!
27. s (unregistered) posted on 24 Aug 2011, 13:55 0 0
who s apple gonna sue now
32. corps1089 posted on 24 Aug 2011, 14:07 1 0
pico projectors for the keyboard display?
Microsoft XBox Kinect software/hardware for the motion sensing?
Yup, it'll be on WP7 first when it comes and MS already has the patents!
33. biscutbob posted on 24 Aug 2011, 14:13 1 0
This is not a new idea lazer keyboard is being worked on my many companies and holographics im sure everyone is working on. I want apple to be the last company on earth to have this tech. They have proven that they dont fight fair and would take this to the court like everything else. It is a great concept but F*ck Apple, as a company, not thier products and design. Just f*ck steve jobs and his legal team.
42. dandirk posted on 24 Aug 2011, 21:45 0 0
heck Palm had a laser keyboard..
35. vantenkiest posted on 24 Aug 2011, 14:45 0 0
Nintendo should put out a phone... it would be the first to have all this.. I mean really they put out 50 some inputs for their consoles since the 1980s
36. $ANGWAN (unregistered) posted on 24 Aug 2011, 14:51 0 0
Yaa tech shwn in video is not in reach for any phone(iphone or any high end android phone))) bt nice concpt$$$$....
38. Belwell (unregistered) posted on 24 Aug 2011, 16:32 0 0
Apple could never come up with something like that. They are to busy suing other companys!!! That is way to advanced for them. There time is spent some where else!!
39. Shawn (unregistered) posted on 24 Aug 2011, 17:38 0 0
Seriously, NO. Ugly. The screen goes to the edge on each side, but there's a big ugly bezel at the top and bottom. Fail.
41. VZW_employee (unregistered) posted on 24 Aug 2011, 20:56 0 0
A phone that thin would break like a cracker at the smallest impact, I would never buy something that thin, if this was real, I can already see hundreds of people with broken iphones,
43. SMKJUNE (unregistered) posted on 25 Aug 2011, 05:52 0 0
THAT`S GOOD OPTION BUT DONT MAKE LARGER DISPLAY ITS THIN SIZE IS GOOD BUT, LARGER DISPLAY IS NOT LOOKING GOOD MAKE TOO SHART DISPLAY OF IPHONE 4G.......YOU TRY IT MAKE SMALL DISPLAY AND THINER AND MOST POWER FULL CAMERA 12MP OR PLUS U WILL FIND OUT CLASS IPHONE FOR CONSUMER.
TRY IT MAKE A IPHONE. THIN & SMALL SIZE DISPLAY LIKE LED AND FASTER AND HIGH5 CAMERA.
44. Bionic Merlin (unregistered) posted on 25 Aug 2011, 05:58 0 0
Laser keyboards were shipping in 2004. Holos in mid-air have been done in SF movies such as Star Wars, but good luck doing it without a cloud of smoke to project into.
46. Mobile-X-Pert posted on 25 Aug 2011, 13:05 0 0
People don't realize that if the phone is too thin it's very uncomfortable to hold specially when you're typing or playing games, just look at the ipod touch 4th generation.
47. ichines (unregistered) posted on 25 Aug 2011, 14:41 0 0
i wonder how many chinese sweat shops could crank out this kind of technology for the isheep itree huggers? well at least the new ceo will keep the apple ship afloat..a hahahahahahahah!!!! sink bitch!!!
48. att.arn.rno posted on 25 Aug 2011, 18:50 0 0
Am I the only person that DOESN'T like the idea of an edge-to-edge screen?