This is one gorgeous iPhone concept
Even though he doesn’t divulge into the tech specs of the concept, with the exception of the A6 processor and an improved camera, the design of the phones chassis is enough to make us look past that. The concept is definitely that of a larger iPhone that features an edge-to-edge display. The whole front of the iPhone SJ is capacitive which goes along with the rumors of an elongated home button that would feature touch gestures.
The body of the iPhone SJ is made of the lightweight yet incredibly durable polycarbonate material. The design itself appears to be incredibly thin, much thinner than the already svelte iPhone 4S. There is only so much that can be said about the concept dubbed “A Classic, Reinvented,” so take a look at the photos for yourself and tell us what you think.
source: ADR Studio via Redmond Pie
1. JGuinan007 (Posts: 659; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Looks alot like the Galaxy Note with out the S-pen
5. Whateverman (Posts: 3237; Member since: 17 May 2009)
A Galaxy Note sized iPhone would make make me an iPhone owner for sure. I would still like to see some widgets and customization on it, but that screen would be a good start.
18. andro. (Posts: 1990; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
You are essentially talking about an iphone that will never be,they great features you desire are and will always be available in android os though
28. MayorMcJustin (Posts: 6; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
It will never happen. Apple said they had no plans to change the hardware, only developing the software
21. asimo (Posts: 41; Member since: 05 Jan 2012)
This looks exactly like a 4S after my car ran over it
26. systamatics (Posts: 63; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
Prepare yourselves for the iphone 4G , a simply redesigned phone with , minor os changes and the new gimmick , face unlock ! LOL , i can see people buying it in millions like idiots , just like with the iphone 4s
22. cristhiansaid (Posts: 30; Member since: 25 Jun 2010)
jaajjaajajajajajajajjaaja you are very crazy...!!!!
iphone's user.... alucinan!!!
6. snowgator (Posts: 3417; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
It could look like the Palm Pixie, and if Apples.logo on it, it would sell enough to pay off the next three Transformers movies. And I hate those movies.......
7. scnix (Posts: 41; Member since: 01 Jul 2010)
How can this be considered "gorgeous"? It looks like crap. Pancake crap.
8. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
maybe u missed the edge to edge display… or maybe u just are blinded with hatred against anything with an apple logo
12. scnix (Posts: 41; Member since: 01 Jul 2010)
I have nothing against Apple, but crappy concept is still crap.
13. E.N. (Posts: 2577; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
do you really think it's that bad? What would you change about it just out of curiosity?
15. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
what is so terrible about this concept.. heck if this thing was loaded with blackberry os it would still be one amazing phone
27. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Amazing LOOKING phone. Nothing about Blackberry OS is amazing and no amount of pretty phones can change that.
16. AceXMachine (Posts: 6; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Sorry, you just missed the fat n chubby but "beautiful inside" phones...they went back home to blackberry.com. Seriously dude, I will (very) likely never own an Apple product and even I say this render is gorgeous. To each his own but for someone to say this looks like "crap"...just comes off same as pen0r envy...
29. ZayZay (Posts: 571; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
So is it suppose to be smaller and fatter for the 5? Because they went larger screen and thinner and that seem to not work for you.
10. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
This phone could make forget getting the N9.. hmmm
17. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Agreed, although the n9's design is somewhat a revelation buying it now is kinda pointless since its own maker killed it before even launching it into the public. . .
23. Phullofphil (Posts: 801; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
I think this concept is really nice depending how it feels in my hand which I would be sure (well not so sure now Steve is gone) that apple will make any iPhone great materials but I would like to see any phone look like this it's nice. I wish my galaxy nexus was built like this minus the single button which I hop apple make into a multifunction button. Anyway I love my nexus but the build could have been a little more high end on the material part(I still think it looks nice and feels great but plastic kinda feels cheap now matter how you make it look and feel) because that's where smart phones on the high end should be going and I wish samsung cop pied apple on that part
24. intos (Posts: 89; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
it seems like a bold 9900 with bigger screen ... personally i found the bold 9900 the most beautifull phone in the market with great matterials so i hope for the iphone 5 to look like the 9900 ...
25. untouchable (Posts: 19; Member since: 04 Sep 2010)
Gorgeous indeed. Looks like an iPhone 4 which got ran over by a semi- truck and flattened .
30. 530gemini (Posts: 2198; Member since: 09 Sep 2010)
Calm down fandroids. These is just a mock up. Geez louisse. Easy on the coffee.
31. -box- (Posts: 3978; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
So what this designer did was 1) cut an iphone4/s in half, 2) blend in features from the Nokia N9/Lumia 800 (polycarb & rounded taper from the main planes of the front and rear to the sides), and calls it done?
It stil looks uncomfortable to hold, the gaps on the side still look like it was made from a kit, and the black and metal design is really looking quite dated. Where's the innovation?
32. fraydoe (Posts: 57; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
It's a phone -box- , what do you expect? A headset that holographically displays a phone in mid air? Get real.
34. dirtydirty00 (Posts: 409; Member since: 21 Jan 2011)
looks boring. just the same just thin. design is gettin old.
36. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1705; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
OMG iSHEEEPP CALM DOWN ITS JUST A CONCEPT
37. AceXMachine (Posts: 6; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
I'm sorry, but could you repeat that? I couldn't hear you over those ta-tas...
38. bvalde09 (Posts: 174; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Iphone 5. Im waiting for a huge change on the next generation. I was so down with the iphone 4s ( I was expecting more, and I know Im not the only) But if the design comes to something similar I will buy the phone 40% sure. Missing the Specs
39. haq46q (Posts: 1; Member since: 08 Jan 2012)
this phone looks just like my galaxy 2.... but i am sure mine can do much more than any iphone....just saying
android all the way...
iphone doesnt even have widgets...haha
40. gkquiambao (Posts: 62; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
if it wasn't for the apple logo, i can say that this looks like an android phone.
41. JohnQpublic (Posts: 3; Member since: 21 Dec 2011)
Looks like a girls phone..something you would find in a womans purse.
42. iami67 (Posts: 318; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Edge to edge screen. We will have even more people pissed at how easy this screen cracks. As it is now everyone hates by the smallest of drops the edges are cracked. You make the edges part of the screen and all Apple isdoing is screwing there customers. Wait there already do that by lying about break though technolgy that for any one with computer knowledge know is old tech. Apple makes money off of people ignorance and bliss.