This is CBS: New app offers full-episodes streaming over your iOS device
CBS had previously been very protective of its content, but network president Leslie Moonves has come to the realization that by creating more fans for CBS shows on mobile devices, it will result in more people watching the shows when they are first run. That is when the Nielsen ratings mean something and more viewers can lead to higher ad revenue for CBS. And for those of you without an iOS device, the good news is that CBS will roll out its steaming app to "all major mobile and tablet platforms later this year," including Android and Windows Phone 8. There is no word whether CBS considers BlackBerry 10 to be in that group.
1. Ninetysix posted on 17 Mar 2013, 19:33 7 3
Release the app to the platform that matters the most first.
4. darkkjedii posted on 17 Mar 2013, 19:51 2 1
Excellent app... Simply excellent, iOS users should definitely get this.
2. imkyle posted on 17 Mar 2013, 19:43 2 0
Android? I mean who has an Android phone right? Just the Galaxy S III phone sold over 20 millions units... No need for an Android version o_0
5. InspectorGadget80 posted on 17 Mar 2013, 20:06 0 2
it's a icbs all cable channels only use iphones they don't even care bout our Android OS.
7. darkkjedii posted on 17 Mar 2013, 20:53 0 1
I like how u said 40 million + gs2 and ga3. But the iPhone 4S alone sold 37 million in one quarter. The holiday quarter of 2012. Both platforms are top notch, but devs do prefer iOS as their priority. iOS pays them more money, google wants mostly free apps with ads attached. Devs gotta pay bills too ya know.
8. darkkjedii posted on 17 Mar 2013, 21:06 0 1
3. SamsungTheSavior (banned) posted on 17 Mar 2013, 19:43 3 5
iOS is dead, bring it to Samsung android phones.
14. jshan posted on 18 Mar 2013, 10:49 0 0
iOS dead huh ?? So what bout android .. Android didn't even born if there is no "IOS" .... U better know that brother .
9. darkkjedii posted on 17 Mar 2013, 21:12 0 1
Download instaframe too, if you're into photography. On iOS it's brilliant...red thumbs please.
13. jshan posted on 18 Mar 2013, 10:45 0 0
Yeah bro ! Red thumb for me too ... Nice comment above there