This iPhone concept video won't become real this year, but it would be awesome!
0. phoneArena 22 Jun 2012, 11:25 posted on
A new concept video shows off an iPhone with a transparent screen that isn't likely to be seen soon, but may point towards the future of phones...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Ubi2447 (Posts: 131; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Never understood the hype with transparent displays. You would still need a thick frame around the screen to house all the hardware. Nifty though. We've also spent the last 5 years getting out color displays to be the sharpest and brightest or most natural over the other guy's. Isn't this going in the other direction?
24. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 660; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Remember the Samsung SmartWindow? Maybe this could be archived by giving the user the opportunity to put up some "blinds" and when u wanna show off, then reveal the transparent screen. Sometimes having choice helps. Oh! This is just my own opinion, nobody should take it personally.
67. Mitchel (Posts: 228; Member since: 25 May 2012)
I agree with you SlimSoulja8.. If there is one company that could be able to do this, it's Samsung, not Apple. Just take a look at this sh*t.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
2. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Never understood the hype with transparent displays."
3. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
im not an apple fanboy but that looks really cool
4. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
This doesn't have anything to do with Apple. In this video guy just express his vision and imagination.
6. CharlieAtInfinity (Posts: 253; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
This reminded me of Xperia Pureness!! it had a transparent screen too
8. Birds (Posts: 1161; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Lol, I heard the dumb retards in the barber shop talking about this video. THey actually think it is the iphone 5. They really don't know what a concept it. I really like it though. lol
10. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
I hear a few girls talking like its the real iphone5 at school too
Damm they look like retarded bitches and they try to sound like experts to other people around
48. TreyTreyTaylor (Posts: 682; Member since: 21 Dec 2010)
Isnt it flippin hilarious? Back in November my cousin said that her co-worker said she had a iphone 4 and that it had that projected keyboard lmfbo. Man was that bitch wrong ;)
60. fernsruben (Posts: 28; Member since: 10 May 2012)
LOL did u notice that at exactly 0.15, the video focuses on the words "Stay Foolish".................Bwahahahaha.................i think it refers exactly to the people ya talkin bout......................................LOL
9. phatride4ever (Posts: 33; Member since: 01 Mar 2012)
I am sure it's very easy to read text on a transparent screen. Especially when your background is light, like concrete.......
11. imran_khan0786 (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
Its looking good. But it will dificult to read and type. But I still waiting for lumia+pureview+wp8= superb mobile
12. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I love the concept. If anything like this ever came out it would sell like crazy
14. frydaexiii (Posts: 1458; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Yeah, because it's "Oh, so pretty", even though it's impractical to have a transparent screen, "it's so revolutionary"!
16. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Actually it would be a revolutionary design.
It's not impractical to have such a display and people like having things that look nice. You're a little kid. When you get older you'll learn more about having taste.
18. frydaexiii (Posts: 1458; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
So I'm a kid for choosing practicality over form factor?
Wow, either I'm one hell of a matured kid, or you're just one of those dumb adults.
26. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
One you're trolling. Two if you can't see why this would sell I can't help you.
46. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
is that what your mom told you today, troll?
19. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
You're on auto troll mode because this isn't even made by Apple
25. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
you're on auto-troll too, just the opposite side
27. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
No I commented on the article and he started trying to troll me and Apple. He was too dumb to realize this isn't made by Apple.
34. frydaexiii (Posts: 1458; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Of cause I realize it isn't made by apple. For apple to make this they'll need someone to copy from and so far no other company has done this on a smartphone yet.
35. Whateverman (Posts: 3269; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Ya know... I gotta go with taco on this one. A phone like this would boggle people's minds. If Apple or any Android OEM were to come up with the perfect balance of transparency and "viewability" of content on the screen, good build quality, and keep the price down...people will go nuts over that phone! Not saying its possible or even practical. But this kind of phone would have an unbeatable "WOW" factor that would draw a crowd. I say build it... Beta test it... And see what a half techie, half average consumer focus group feels about it. I think both sides would be amazed.
42. nicholassss (Posts: 368; Member since: 10 May 2012)
I'd be really interested in seeing one of these in real life, but on the practicality I have to say todays displays are getting pretty damn nice.
51. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
concpet is ridiculas stupid.