This iPhone 7 dream concept is as fantastical as they get
1. yann (Posts: 163; Member since: 15 Jul 2010)
This guy definitely want to be seen and asked to work for Apple.
Not a bad thing, but this concept is just a fan one. Technology at his moment doesn't allow to made such device. Maybe iPhone 10. Maybe.
18. joevsyou (Posts: 672; Member since: 28 Feb 2015)
i think to disagree, it's about the cost.
waterproofing, 16mp cameras, 2 speakers, wireless charging, just remove the home button for the full screen.
20. Arch_Fiend (Posts: 1943; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
Apple(Samsung, Lg and others as well) could make a phone with those specs, it would just cost them money that they aren't willing to spend. The battery life would be horrible but hey at least it would look cool lol.
25. tnuc2014 (Posts: 216; Member since: 12 Sep 2014)
I totally agree with you....mind you I would totally agree with you on anything!!
3. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
With 3 mm thickness, these will be a cool new feature. It's called wall power. Apple will market it as innovation as they have managed to move the battery to the charger itself.
In all seriousness though, this designer is not practical. Anyone can dream all this stuff, it's just not happening.
4. SamDH1 (Posts: 402; Member since: 21 Apr 2015)
I feel like anyone who says they want a zero-bezel phone has no idea that with no bezels, our hands will always be touching the phone. Silly concept, the only reason it's here is cuz he has some experience in 3D Max and PS, but even the design and advertising is non-Apple.
6. BobLawblaw (Posts: 272; Member since: 25 Jul 2014)
Sure all people seem to do on this site is bitch about bezels on phones. (Not saying you are though)
12. ibend (Posts: 3196; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
except iPhone user who really doesnt care about bezels..
7. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 2641; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Zero bezels doesn't mean by definition that the sides will be touch sensitive.
16. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 2641; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
And there is that too. Just trying to make a point that zero bezels shouldn't be a problem for incidental touches
11. ibend (Posts: 3196; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
yeah right, just someone with lots of free time and some CAD skill..
designing his personal dream concept while ignoring technology...
iPhone 7 that he use as concept name is just excuse to get more attention, while all people know that iPhone 7 have no chance to come close to that concept..
at this rate, lets just make phone concept with built-in time machine...
5. vincelongman (Posts: 3980; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
That would make the iPhone 6 Plus and Nexus 6P seems like Nokias in terms of durability
10. ibend (Posts: 3196; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
see pic.4, it doesnt have battery.. lol
user will need to buy battery case to use it, and final thickness will be at least 10mm
9. willywanta (Posts: 193; Member since: 04 Jun 2014)
can we stop making anorexic phones? 3mm thickness? oh Lord
13. carlemillward (unregistered)
3mm thin = new ports for everything = more money for Apple.
15. Amiafanboy (Posts: 62; Member since: 27 May 2015)
Did your boyfriend tell you the same :p ?
17. Baracus (Posts: 223; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
I don't want some featherweight phone that'll blow out of my hand at the first gust of wind.
19. rd_nest (Posts: 1578; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Exactly for articles like this, I use ad block in phonearena. They don't deserve to make any money from me if they make such nonsense articles.
22. ameran (Posts: 234; Member since: 04 Dec 2013)
The funny part is that this concept has screens on both sides with thinnest body possible. It doesn't have any room for all interior hardware. I can't wait to see how apple could build such an iToy. Concepts are always nice to look at, but designers never think about the technology.