This fabric may one day charge your smartphone while it is resting in your pocket
0. phoneArena posted on 03 Apr 2012, 07:27
A new kind of conductive fabric can charge electronic devices on contact. The devices do not need to be taken out of the pocket...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. shadowcell posted on 03 Apr 2012, 08:35 3
Yes, we all must look fabulous when running into the battlefield.
9. Berzerk000 posted on 03 Apr 2012, 17:45 1
Don't want the enemy to think we don't have a sense of style, now do we?
2. jasongohjr posted on 03 Apr 2012, 08:18 0
Equals to a portable charger at yr clothes.... since they have to place a battery on
E part of the clothes...
4. DanMarino13 posted on 03 Apr 2012, 08:44 0
i would bet it would be more similiar to multiple capacitors that would basically hold reserve power, so a little more advanced than just sewing in a 6000mah lithium battery pack into your clothes....
5. denney posted on 03 Apr 2012, 10:33 1
Fast forward 10 years to "conductive fabric pants used to charge smartphones cause cancer"
7. ZayZay posted on 03 Apr 2012, 11:36 0
Was just thinking the same thing.. Then thought "What doesn't give us cancer?"
6. cellphonejunky posted on 03 Apr 2012, 10:45 0
I can already see the headline "radioactive shorts" -Pause for dramatic effect-
8. JonBjSig posted on 03 Apr 2012, 17:05 0
As clothes with solar cells aren't far away I'd say this is a very promising fabric.