This fabric may one day charge your smartphone while it is resting in your pocket
0. phoneArena 03 Apr 2012, 07:27 posted on
A new kind of conductive fabric can charge electronic devices on contact. The devices do not need to be taken out of the pocket...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. andro. (Posts: 1890; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
yes its handy but once it doesn't look as ugly!
3. shadowcell (Posts: 300; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Yes, we all must look fabulous when running into the battlefield.
9. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3272; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Don't want the enemy to think we don't have a sense of style, now do we?
2. jasongohjr (Posts: 75; Member since: 26 Sep 2011)
Equals to a portable charger at yr clothes.... since they have to place a battery on
E part of the clothes...
4. DanMarino13 (Posts: 63; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
i would bet it would be more similiar to multiple capacitors that would basically hold reserve power, so a little more advanced than just sewing in a 6000mah lithium battery pack into your clothes....
5. denney (Posts: 98; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Fast forward 10 years to "conductive fabric pants used to charge smartphones cause cancer"
7. ZayZay (Posts: 530; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
Was just thinking the same thing.. Then thought "What doesn't give us cancer?"
6. cellphonejunky (Posts: 14; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
I can already see the headline "radioactive shorts" -Pause for dramatic effect-
8. JonBjSig (Posts: 167; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
As clothes with solar cells aren't far away I'd say this is a very promising fabric.