This could be the cheap iPhone's back plate
0. phoneArena 18 Apr 2013, 09:14 posted on
Rumors related to Apple products have always been a dime a dozen. The ones about future iPhone and iPad iterations seem to be particularly popular, and while most of them are nothing but blatant fakes, others do turn out to be highly accurate. Which group does this recent leak belongs to? Well, that's a question we can't quite give a definite answer to. What you see on the picture is said to be the back plate for that elusive low-cost iPhone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
47. poopApple (banned) (Posts: 38; Member since: 12 Apr 2013)
I dont understand why some stupid people keep telling me that iOS is easier to use than android. Consider the most basic functionality of smartphones i.e. making a phone call. in iphone u have to unlock its screen to go to d dialer wheareas you can do the same without unlocking your android phone (lockscreen shortcut). if u want to change settings (eg. screen brightness, wifi ,bluetooth, gps etc.) , you have to open "settings" from ur iphone wheareas you can do all that from your notification panel on ur droid. Most importantly my one x runs as smooth as an iphone. Tell me i am wrong.
51. baller23 (Posts: 23; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
I use both iPhone and Android. I love them both. In iPhone just jailbreak and you can get whatever you want. Install NCsettings or sbsettings for the toggles. The only problem i'm having is i have to wait for the jailbreak for the new version until i can upgrade because without it it looks stale. On the other hand i don't have to worry for my android phone.
55. Droiddoes (unregistered)
You should not have to rewrite the OS and change the software (thus voiding the warranty) to put it on par with Android. WTF would you not just get an Android model then?
49. baller23 (Posts: 23; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
Oh this will decrease the plastic resources for Sammy. Sammy better leave some plastic for Apple.
52. arsenaljimenez (Posts: 139; Member since: 03 May 2012)
reminds me of the nokia 520 for some reason. Besides the camera positioning of course
64. quakan (Posts: 1200; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
It's fake anyways. Oh and I love the chipped bottom corner on that knockoff.
68. jcarrigan (unregistered)
it would have to have the 4inch to justify people buying this phone because other with the specs it just said, 5mp camera and 3.5 inch screen....thats an iPhone 4 which is free lol
36. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
Yes this could be it !! the fall of Apple in the Name of Premium .....well now every1 will have a Apple iPhone & the best part people who buys Apple product to brag abt Class & Premium Brand will have to shut their mouth ...
63. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
I hope this drops their stock even more.
3. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5579; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Look who's back!! That's right, CHEEEEEAPP PLASTIC!
By the way, 326ppi is ok!
But still, it has CHEEEEEAPP PLASTIC! xD
13. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5579; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Blast from the past! xD
26. sniper1087 (Posts: 388; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
this is going for the lower end anyways, dont expect it to be high quality otherwise, they will have to charge more, of course price hasnt been announced yet, so hopefully they will charge low for this.
40. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5579; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I know, but they should at least make the plastic textured, not pure plastic! :)
But who knows? Maybe it is not pure plastic, maybe glossy plastic?
All we have to do is to wait for the launch! :)
4. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Not "PLASTIC"™ please, SAPPHIRE front and back glass please®
12. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5579; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
That would be impossible dude!
I have a good lookin' phone for ya, that's right, the Vertu Ti.
It costs about $10,500! The price is "cheap" eh? :P
16. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
It dosn't cost alot, depends on how thick you make it!
Average zSapphire glass cost would be $50...?
41. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5579; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
That's not how you think bro! The price follows the size of the phone! So, if the phone is bigger, the price will be higher! :)
5. JunitoNH (Posts: 933; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Lol oh.....yes it has to be it looks like an Android device.
32. martinlosha (unregistered)
And google who is providing android for free just because they never had the balls to directly sell it and compete against ios is not desperation?
On the other hand google selling their nexus devices at cost without making any profit just so they can get some marketshare from apple doesn't count as desperation?
44. buccob (Posts: 1494; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
What Google has done is strategy... not desperation... and it has used the same strategy from the begginning...that is the key difference...
Apple has been forced to change its strategy from exclusivity, from luxury device, from small 3.5"-perfectsized-device, from many hardware and software features that were "not needed in a phone" (high res camera, led flash, folders, custom wallpapers, multitasking... etc... to the devices that we see today...
And to change so drastically and lower their "standards" in order to compete... that is desperation
48. martinlosha (unregistered)
Nice try but I don't think so..
Google kept the same strategy from the begining because they were desperate from the begining.
Open source screams desperation. It means nobody would pay for this crap so lets give it for free.
Even these days is pathetick to have 70% of the marketshare in phones and virtually not make any good money.Thats google.
Apple is covering all areas and is providing for the first time what customers want.
If this plasticky iPhone doesn't suit you then go buy the expensive one.
Another thing people don't understand is that people don't buy android phones, they buy Samsung phones. They buy them because of the power, the big screens and the good quality cameras those phone provide. Not because of android.
Believe it or not as a sales assistant I know that 95% of the people out there have no idea what android or ios is and they have no clue what the pros and the cons of those operation systems are and to be honest they don't even care to learn.
61. Aeires (unregistered)
Not even close. First off, open source doesn't scream desperation, it screams developers. Desperation can come in either an open or closed environment. Needless to say, Google is far from desperate. You don't get to be the biggest search company in history while being desperate.
Secondly, Google is making over a billion a year off of Android. Hardly what I would call "not make any good money."
You do have some points, but your opening arguments are really off base.
62. martinlosha (unregistered)
Open source always screams desperation.
Ubuntu wouldn't have been open source if WIindows wasnt so dominant in the world.
The same thing with android, it wouldnt have been open if ios wasn't so strong and dominant.
Open source is a smart but risky strategy to gain marketshare when you have an inferior product and you know you can not compete head to head with the marketshare leader.
Google is doing it so they can make people get used to android and then switch things and start charging for the os so they can finally make the kind of money apple is making.
And talking about developers just look at the google play, is still very poor compared to the App Store.One of the things android is doing is supporting piracy in a very high level, they are making people believe that software for some reason should be for free and virtually developers don't like supporting the platform. Open source is exactly like communism, when you have a secure marketshare then you will stop trying hard and you won't care about the quality of apps and supporting the customers anymore. Google play reflects my theory in every aspect, no apps, no optimized apps, no support.
I remember the first days of android,the first 3 years many android devieces weren't even usable because they were lagging like you wouldn't believe but people would still pay 400$ for them.
I remember the iPhone was smooth from day one.
66. buccob (Posts: 1494; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Wow, such an ignorant and loosely based response... Really?
- Android has been dominant a long while already... why not charge today?... Google will not charge for android, not in the past, not today, not in the future...
- Play Store very poor? HAHAHA... maybe 3 years ago... Today it has an equally amount of apps, similar quality and even makes more profits for developers than App Store... You can even find exclusive killer apps that can't be in the App Store due to the closed nature of iOS... Apps like Llama (Free) or Tasker (paid) is envied by every iPhone owner I have met and seen it... come on... google it...
- Piracy is an equally concern for both OS, I know more iOS pirates than Android's... Thanks to being so popular at jailbreaking and getting media attention... and also Cydia, Installous, etc does not help... And more times than not, apps for iOS are paid, while the same app is free on the Play Store... leading to piracy on iOS
- A similarly priced device compared to an iPhone will be many times more useful and will not have the issues that you mentioned of 3 years ago... I would have agreed with you in the past... but not today. And even so, I rather have a little lag here and there than lacking basic features...
- In Android you have real options, not just between a 3.5" and 4" screen... I am talking about rugged phones, waterproof phones, qwerty keyboard phones, phablets, transformer devices... and very unique ones... What apple will try to do is just add a cheaper option... nothing impressive...
I will admit that the same way Android gives you lots of phones options... you get also lots of options of accessories for iPhones and that is a cool pro... but that's it, I rather have my options at the beginning with the device, than with accessories.
By the way I do not use a Samsung device, though I had...
70. martinlosha (unregistered)
Ok long story short because I am dealing with idiots, you should first read what I said because you are misinterpreting.
Android is not dominant, something that is free can not be dominant by no means..
Samsung is dominant.
The google play, and I have android devices is CRAP, low quality non optimised apps that don't work 20% of the times.
Talking about exclusive apps then google has absolutely nothing to ofer. When it comes to Games Ios is YEARS OF LIGHT ahead.
I never said android has more piracy, what I said is that google is tolerant with piracy so as holes like yourself to go and buy it because at the moment this is what suits them. Google is not trying hard at all to prevent piracy when apple is fighting piracy every day. That's the reason why a file manager is missing on the ios platform.
What are those nonsense about android having a lot of options?
Android is a OS, how can you give them credit for hardware?
Give credit to Samsung for the hardware
71. buccob (Posts: 1494; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Its funny how you say that you are dealing with idiots... and the majority of opinion backs me up...
Something that is free can be dominant... you sir are the idiot.
Samsung IS in fact the most popular hardware manufacturer and you are correct about that, but Android is not about Smartphones alone... it can be found in cars, TVs, glasses, fridges... etc, The fact that is free does not mean it cant dominate a market... you make no sense at all...
As an example... when you look at the most popular app in App Store... chances are that it is a free app we are talking about... thats the dominant app... regarding popularity.... If you were to talk about revenue, well that would be different....
You have no clue of what is the experience to own a flagship Android device of TODAY, or even last year...Not only the Galaxy S line... but also people looking for a particular feature not found on an iPhone is left in the dust by another android manufacturers... and AGAIN I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT REVENUE... I am talking about device quality, features, and user experience...
I have yet to met an user of an Android flagship that is willing to drop it for an iPhone... maybe because I do not leave in the US were most people are brainwashed by Apple commercials...
Here most people makes concious expenses and research for a device that is going to suit them better... and YES Samsung is being dominant among Android, but Android is being dominant among mobile OS devices...
Piracy is not supported by Google because is not convenient for them... it makes them lose developers and in turn ad revenue...
So both companies are actually doing what they can to prevent piracy, no matter what you believe. But Google does so while trying to keep the openess of their system, they fight piracy by offering their services for free... and right now they are cleaning Play Store, maybe not as estrictly as App Store, but they are doing it...
Piracy in iOS is really simpler... Jailbreaking is a click away... while rooting and hacking an Android is complicated enough to scare the majority away...
With Android you have hardware options... Samsung is not the only manufacturer... it is the most popular, but that does not mean that it is the only one I can have... I have a Sony Xperia Acro S, which was my choice because I wanted waterproof, microHDMI, hi-res camera, 720p screen, and a good experience out of the box... If I wanted a waterproof Samsung I would have to go for a midranger Galaxy Xcover... and if I wanted that in an iPhone I would have to buy an expensive and bulky accesory case...
So your arguments are weak and invalid... the only idiot is that who believe everyone is an idiot except himself...
I was not calling you names before, I even agree with part of what you said earlier... but you lost any kind of respect with this reply...
You are defending a different discussion to what I am expressing...
Understand before commenting
69. Siaw_Yong (Posts: 12; Member since: 09 Dec 2012)
Agree with u 100%. In my country, people buy android phone because they are... well "Samsung" and that's it. They don't even considering other OEM because Samsung is really booming these days.
And for the OS part, yes people don't really care if it's android or iOS, people just wanna use what the masses is using so for them, they just wanna use what people uses most and less cost that's why people buy Samsung's phone these days.
8. modernkoro (Posts: 25; Member since: 27 Jan 2010)
THIS IS INNOVATION!!! APPLE, YOU CHANGE THE WORLD AGAIN!!!!
9. recond9 (Posts: 49; Member since: 11 Jan 2013)
Looks nice,at least it won't break so easy on drop.
11. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 514; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
Looks like a used bar of soap but I would actually prefer this over the fragility and scratch prone nature of the iPhone 4/4S/5
14. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 514; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
Still looks better than the Samsung G S4.
23. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 514; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
Naaaahhh, just have a good pair of eyes.
29. joey_sfb (Posts: 3011; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
My 2.5" aluminium hard disk case look more sleek and premium than iphone 5.
31. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8718; Member since: 14 May 2012)
When was the last time you went to the doctor? Cause the black GS4 is beautiful.
37. Igneel (unregistered)
No it isn't..
43. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8718; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It is in my world when its wrapped in an Otter Box case after a year and looks like it did when I took it out of the box.
42. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5579; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Nokia 3310 looks better than this iPhone and the Galaxy S4! Why?
Cuz the 3310 is INDESTRUCTIBLE!
15. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6600; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Looks it does have cheap plastic. And this thing doesnt even have a 720p hd screen on it
17. alterecho (Posts: 1085; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
This actually looks pretty good. Doesn't look neither cheap nor high end. Would have been better with a matte finish though.
18. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 514; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
It could be a fake 3D print. It looks like the child of the iPhone 3GS and the 4S. which is not necessarily a bad thing.
20. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8718; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Looks fake. Why?
-Looks like the back of the 5th gen iPod Touch
-Hardware buttons look like the ones found on a Lumia
Just my two cents.
22. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 514; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
Yes it does kinda favor the Lumia 820, except the holes are in the wrong place. But since I love the Lumia look, I'm smitten.
21. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 514; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
I hope Apple doesn't skips the front chrome bezel a la iPhone 3G and before....It was a scratch magnet.
25. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 514; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
I think that's why it's called the cheap iPhone.
27. skymitch89 (Posts: 1084; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
Looks more like an iPhone case than it does a piece of an iPhone.
28. tkvdog (Posts: 46; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
Of Course Since Its Apple It Will Of The Premium Plastic Variity..........Not......Lol:)
33. amats69 (Posts: 1097; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
nah its ugly! how about a matte finish cheap iphone?