This cool iOS 7 multitasking concept video ought to make Jony Ive take note
0. phoneArena 07 May 2013, 02:43 posted on
Currently iOS only allows certain tasks to run in the background, and actively manages what's behind the scenes by ditching them when the going gets tough automatically. Below is a pretty cool concept video of what the upcoming iOS 7 multitasking capabilities should and perhaps could look like, so tell us what you think about the effort...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
63. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2700; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Yeah, when I saw it, I thought it looked just like BB10, and Max thought it looked just like Meego.
66. maulgandhi (unregistered)
its more of Nokia n 900 operating Maemo 5. i havent used Nokia n9 so i cant judge. look at this video
5. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Does that mean that Android users reality is just a dream for iOS users? :)
10. quadrazeus (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 May 2013)
No, it doesn't.
There's already an app Auxo for Jailbroken devices. :)
13. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
App which brings real multitasking??? LOL!
29. abdane (Posts: 494; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
i know the Auxo app, it just multitasking more beautiful, swipe them down to end them, that's it, not TRUE multitasking...
33. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I know and that's why quadrazeus argument was funny to me. :)
44. Aeires (unregistered)
Same argument as rooting Android, you shouldn't have to hack your phone for basic functionality.
64. Aeires (unregistered)
Not on Android. ;-)
47. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10434; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Jailbreaking when you don't have to on Android. Ha.
57. Fallout09 (Posts: 421; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I was about to say the same thing..... Looks almost identical to the multitasking window on my HTC One..... which would make sense (if it was real) due to Apple/HTC cross licensing deal.
7. illusionmist (Posts: 157; Member since: 29 Jan 2013)
Please... iOS 4 prototype already had this.
11. Kjayhawk (Posts: 293; Member since: 07 Oct 2010)
This is already out on jailbroken iPhones and Android devices. I had it on my old iPhone. I'm pretty sure both projects were discontinued i believe.
31. jeff1434325 (Posts: 97; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
...same as the multitasking layout on my N9.
39. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Tegra games are much better than iOs games, now shoosh and go away™
42. allen83 (Posts: 107; Member since: 01 Mar 2012)
A Nokia N9 Meego Harmttan Copycat. Now who's the copycat now!
43. AeroPrime (Posts: 175; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
That looks like Meego but Apple make it look as it is their multi taking concept.
54. GadgetsMcGoo (Posts: 168; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
It's not apple that did it. It was just from a really really hopeful fanboy. Not going to happen though. Apple marches to the beat of their own drum.
50. poping (unregistered)
it took apple 7 years to finally add one buttons to close all paused apps :)
65. maulgandhi (unregistered)
This is so Maemo 5. I used to own Nokia N900 before i got myself android phones and tablets. Exact copy from nokia. I wish other companies take serious action against apple. Apple copies everything and they blame others.
Look at this video.