This charger uses nanotechnology to fully charge your battery in less than a minute
0. phoneArena 07 Apr 2014, 08:13 posted on
Even in our wildest dreams we have not imagined that we could charge our smartphones to 100% for under a minute. Yet, thanks to nanotechnology, this might become reality very, very soon. StoreDot, an Israeli company, demonstrated a new battery charger at Microsoft's Think Next event. In a video demo, it charges a Samsung Galaxy S4's battery from 27% to 100% in exactly 29 seconds!...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. thelongg (Posts: 3; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
It looks more like a Samsung Galaxy S3 to me...
9. Ashoaib (Posts: 1221; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Really? I thought its nokia 3310... its mentioned in the report that it is SIII
20. thelongg (Posts: 3; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Quote: "it charges a Samsung Galaxy S4's battery from 27% to 100% in exactly 29 seconds!..."
Better check the facts next time ;-)
2. Duketytz (Posts: 331; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
Oh wow, let's hope explosion doesn't occur
11. hurrycanger (Posts: 796; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
I guess in 2 years, they can make it safe.
But well... Buying a cheap crappy chinese charger when this technology is available will be a suicide for sure.
3. ThePython (Posts: 209; Member since: 08 May 2013)
Shut up and take my money! I want it dammit! I want it!
4. Bridgep0rt (Posts: 27; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
its 2014 NOW... Can we do like the movie Click, and go on auto pilot until 2016? I dont care what happens between, JUST GET ME TO 2016!!
6. jeeta444 (Posts: 60; Member since: 24 Mar 2014)
it will be revolutionary.....but late 2016 is more than 2 years away.....and thats very long period. Hope it will get even better at that time...0 to100% in just 1 minute is crazily fast ...
7. XaErO (Posts: 134; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Awesome .. but don't understand why is it taking so much of time to go into mass production ..
Hope this comes real soon than that !!
13. buccob (Posts: 1309; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
They have to turn that big black box on the back of the phone into a small charger compatible with microUSB
8. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 2689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
I dont want to get my face burned when i plug my phone lol.
10. shuaibhere (Posts: 1297; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I dunno much about this tech...but I want it so badly.....that's the best thing I've heard in 2014...
12. surethom (Posts: 227; Member since: 04 Mar 2009)
Here we are again another new battery tech. We get this news at least twice a year for the last 4 years about comming soon battery tech.
Just launch some new battery tech PLEASE.
14. Lauticol (Posts: 179; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
Say goodbye to charging your phone through the night! Just plug it in when you wake up, and have it ready when you leave!
Really love the idea!
15. Diazene (Posts: 123; Member since: 01 May 2013)
So, what's wrong with charging it through the night?
it's not that useful, I'm sure making the battery last longer (between charges) and make it live longer would be much more useful
19. petedavison93 (Posts: 14; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
Combine this with those supposed graphine batteries that they're trying to make and battery life will become an issue of the past..
In 2014.. Ha do you remember when computers had 8MB of RAM?
In 2030.. Ha do you remember when we had to charge our phones every day and ALL night?
Pretty useful in electric cars too if you could charge the cells this quickly?