This Samsung Star Deluxe handset with a 3.5-inch touchscreen is actually a feature phone
0. phoneArena posted on 18 Oct 2012, 08:23
Here is a new Samsung phone, images of which just leaked on the web along with some hardware specifications. It has a 3.5-inch HVGA touchscreen up front, a 3.2-megapixel camera is present on its back, and by looking at the image one can instantly assume that the device runs TouchWiz UI on top of Android. However, an entry-level smartphone this is not...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
7. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 18 Oct 2012, 10:20 8 0
For a feature phone, that's probably fast.
13. downphoenix posted on 18 Oct 2012, 12:09 2 0
Sprint just released the M400 recently, its a basic camera flipphone... and it has a 400mhz processor according to the spec sheet.
22. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 18 Oct 2012, 19:37 2 0
remember those times that 300mhz are the fastest! :)
2. eisenbricher posted on 18 Oct 2012, 08:33 7 0
Samsung makes nice flagships, but their feature phones are nothing less than Nightmares! Honestly, after 4-5 months use this becomes so crap you'll throw is away. Only Nokia for feature phones.
8. Nathan_ingx posted on 18 Oct 2012, 11:21 0 0
Probably good 'old' Android from what i can make out of the homescreen...or maybe super light version of Gingerbread.
Reminds me of Symbian 60v5 phones...434mhz, 128 ram...but it was enough to run the Symbian though. But it quickly ran out of memory because of the ram. Multi tasking will be an issue with that ram.
12. g2a5b0e posted on 18 Oct 2012, 12:06 4 0
Correct me if I wrong, but if it was running a version of Android, wouldn't it be a smartphone?
15. Nathan_ingx posted on 18 Oct 2012, 12:31 1 0
Correct me if i'm wrong here but are you telling me there's no feature Android smart phone??
16. g2a5b0e posted on 18 Oct 2012, 12:39 0 0
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that. I feel like you're mincing words. I am under the impression that the Android OS is a smartphone operatiing system only. Therefore, since this is a feature phone, it can't be running Android. It might be running something skinned to look like it, but it can't be Android. I can't answer your question without an answer to mine.
17. SkOne posted on 18 Oct 2012, 12:58 0 0
No, Android is a SMART PHONE os.
18. MesEyes posted on 18 Oct 2012, 13:40 0 0
There is not.
4. PAPINYC posted on 18 Oct 2012, 08:51 5 1
Aren't those some of the same specs' as my iPhone 4?? wtf, I knew this darn thing was a darn "Feature Phone" all the time, Apple just kept lying to me. I'm suing their iA$$es!
5. Cesar posted on 18 Oct 2012, 09:07 5 1
312 mhz? 128MB of RAM? Why the HELL are they making this phones?
14. downphoenix posted on 18 Oct 2012, 12:11 2 0
Yea but they could certainly make feature phones that arent just pathetic. There was the Samsung Jet, back in 2009 I think, had a 800mhz processor, which was faster than most smartphones at that time.
10. PAPINYC posted on 18 Oct 2012, 11:39 2 0
It's for beginners or someone graduating from a flip phone; you know, there still people who use flip phones (our Mayor here in NYC for one).
9. dromon posted on 18 Oct 2012, 11:36 0 0
Designed to compete with nokia asha series. It's worse though, so i don't give it high hopes of succeeding.
11. itsjustJOH posted on 18 Oct 2012, 11:46 0 0
And I thought they're done with feature phones.
24. pliskin1 posted on 19 Oct 2012, 03:23 0 0
I don't believe it, wifi and android on a feature phone, as in no data contracts?
25. g2a5b0e posted on 19 Oct 2012, 08:42 0 0
It's not Android. It's just a feature phone skinned to look like it.