This Lumia 330 concept shows us what a Nokia X with Windows Phone could look like
0. phoneArena 21 Jul 2014, 20:03 posted on
Microsoft will use some Nokia X designs for future Windows Phone devices - and we expect all of them to be cheap...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. AfterShock (Posts: 3349; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
A big rectangular shape with similar shapes for a GUI?
In other words a brick?
Nice book end.
3. sgodsell (Posts: 1527; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Wow, that one phone with 3 whole tiles is so useful. Not!
5. Liveitup (Posts: 1685; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
If you had a Windows phone you would understand that you can manipulate your home screen however you want, WP has many different faces. Judging by your constant bashing one would think you would have understood this by now, oh well.
18. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3640; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Can I remove all the fugly tiles and just keep the wallpaper?
42. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Unpin all the tiles and you'll end up with just a list of all your apps. That should suffice a kid's smartphone needs, shouldn't it?
59. Jason78 (Posts: 107; Member since: 10 Apr 2013)
Windows Phone has wallpaper available on the lockscreen as clearly shown in the 1st picture.
27. cezarepc (Posts: 626; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
I own a GS5 and a Lumia 925 and I can say Windows Phone is just as functional as Android. It's just a matter of OS preference now.
55. sgodsell (Posts: 1527; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
I have one. Also Nokia X used a lowly Cortex-A5 CPU. I thought WP8.1 now supports cortex-A7 and above, and not a cortex-A5. So if they will support that low level CPU all the best. Just like I don't know why they released Nokia X with that crappy CPU in the first place.
6. elitewolverine (Posts: 2366; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
In a country with a 3in screen, you don't need much more, considering you can scroll, it makes it so much easier as well.
Do you only think in one dimension?
7. AfterShock (Posts: 3349; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
I like the tile shape it makes facing screen down.
They got me there.
2. gigaraga (Posts: 1384; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Why is it that none of the Lumia series look good? The concepts are not any better even,
14. fzacek (Posts: 2317; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
The Lumia 630 and 930/Icon look pretty good IMO...
25. marcski07 (Posts: 584; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
it's your preference, just like my hate with samesung galaxy variants. they are all cloned to epic proportion of fugliness. :D
33. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3802; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Some sort of dystopian Fisher Price. A square phone full of little square icons.
4. Settings (Posts: 790; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
Drop the OSB and it will be better. Wonder what Lumia 120 would look like?
9. na7noo7 (Posts: 274; Member since: 29 Mar 2014)
This Lumia is a colorful Xperia E with Windows Phone. I wonder what the Lumia 010 will look like, maybe a phone laggier than the original Samsung Galaxy (from June 2009).
10. Liveitup (Posts: 1685; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Lumia 000 won't lag as badly as you know who.
13. na7noo7 (Posts: 274; Member since: 29 Mar 2014)
I guess, because the OS is made with less top end features.
Will a Lumia lag with THESE specs?
ARM11 Single Core 250MHz Processor
Too much useless Bloatware from Samsung, LG, and Nokia
19. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3640; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Its not possible in today's date to make a wp with those specs. Dual core kraits are the minimum requirement for WP OS. That's one of the very few things I like about WP...
16. joey_sfb (Posts: 3479; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Did you even use an 2014 released Android phone to know personally that its lag?
The general public keep buying Android avoid wp8. This is true in even 2014. None of my colleagues uses wp8. Even offered free and there no taker.
Guess the world still preferred lag over barrel.
24. Liveitup (Posts: 1685; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
People buying Android don't avoid WP that is a big lie that many spread around. Android and iOS are major fans of WP aesthetically. No disrespect to them but people buy them because of Samsung and Apple names rather than the actual quality of the product. WP is arguably superior to them. Look at HTC one its an Android phone that looks like WP, magazine UI etc, Sony Xperia Z flipping tiles, look at how flat Android L and iOS have gotten. Clean, simple minimalistic with large panels and clean text, fonts etc. WP was the only OS like that, its a trend setter you Android fans hate what those who you love copy look at your device UI its Windows Phone influenced show some respect.
26. joey_sfb (Posts: 3479; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I do not wish to put down wp8. Please be respectful to Android users as we are the majority after all.
Your attempt to insult us only show your own lack of intelligence and the unwillingness to explore new technology and features.
30. Liveitup (Posts: 1685; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Respect is earned not given.
As an OS there are great things about Android, I dont bash Android I clear up lies of obvious trolls and do so by comparing different aspects of both OS. WP is my OS of choice, to me it is a great OS. Lay off the hate haters and let choice reigns.
I'm all for calling out any OS on its faults thats partly how progress is made but their is a big difference between constructive criticism and hatred.
I have respect for those who I consider real Androids fans, they fans don't go around bashing others. Haters shouldn't pretend to be one of them.
29. TheGenius (Posts: 339; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
Well.. I dint want to join this conversation bit since you mentioned how magazine ui is copied from wp .. I had to jump in.
Clearing the facts :
1. Magazine ui is BORROWED FROM FLIPBOARD.
2. Flipboard is older than wp metro style.
35. Liveitup (Posts: 1685; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
WP was launched in Oct 2010, Flipboard was launched in December of 2010. WP beta was also released earlier in the year.
37. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3640; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Stop thumbing up your own comment dude :)
36. ihavenoname (Posts: 1545; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
WP is not superior to Android, it's different. And the one reason and one reason alone why WP sells is Nokia brand, so it's the same way as Samsung and Apple if you think it like that. Actually the OS is holding Lumias back, that's why Nokia is hardly in top 10 biggest smartphone makers.
39. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3640; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
You lost the argument after claiming WP superiority. Tell that to yourself that you didn't buy a WP in vain efforts of saving nokia. You are a nokia $h€€p. Also Galaxy S5> nokia 930. Now go and tell yo mamma that WP is better than android.
44. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
In what way is the S5 superior to the L930? The S5 has a newer processor, still it lags. It's camera is beaten by that on the 930. Its display and the 930's display are on par. All of its gimmicks, which some kids call "features" are useless and no one even uses it. It only slows down the phone. Its construction, build quality and choice of materials don't hold a candle to that of the 930. The only things going for the S5 against the Lumia 930 are the expandable memory and the water proof body. Unless you download all of the 250,000 apps available in the WP store and use your phone when you swim or take a shower, the Lumia 930 beats the S5 in every way. Your comment is stupid, just like you. And instead of calling him names, look at your attitude and go and get your brains checked.
47. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3640; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Please bring me the proof for Camera being better. S5 Display is still superior with higher brightness. Although, I don't like the bloaty and ugly nature of touchwiz, but its hard to ignore the mighty functionality. Ultra power saving mode is not a gimmick at all! I admit they failed to execute heart rate sensor and fingerprint scanner.
The looks maybe not on par, But the build quality and construction are top notch, Check youtube for torture tests.
Also microSD card is a useful thing, they are not useful for apps but media needs storage, and waterproofing is a good thing to have (I broke my laptop with a water spill).
And I noticed how you overlooked smartly and stupidly THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT- BATTERY LIFE! The lumia fails terribly in battery life even below iphone. That makes 930 a fail. The s5 blows it out of water coupled with UPSM.
Now tell me who needs to get brain checked :D
50. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3640; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
battery life, more like you are in delusions, grandpa fanboy.
53. tigermcm (Posts: 774; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
not trying to get in all this hoopla but fingerprint scanner was in a WM back in i think 08 or 09 with Sprint. I dont get why ppl are going googoo gah gah over it just because Samsung has it now and call it innovative
54. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3640; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Excuse me sir, read and interprete! I said samsung did a poor job in the fingerprint scanner, never did I say innovative and first sh*t.
56. tigermcm (Posts: 774; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
I said ppl not you sir, same thing was also said with apple adding it to the iPhone but we all know how apple is.
61. Crispin_Gatieza (Posts: 531; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
Fingerprint scanners go back to iPAQs running WM2003. I have an H5550 in my drawer with it. Samsung also thought they discovered warm water with IR ports.
43. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Yes, I know and have seen the Galaxy S5 lag, the Xperia Z2 lag and the G3 lag. The only Android flagships I've seen that haven't lagged are the Nexus 5 and the One M8. And please don't get me started on the mid range and low end Androids.
52. iushnt (Posts: 807; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
I think People are exxaxerating the meaning of lag. Even I do use iOS (ipad air)and gs5 now. Even though it may lag, it does all the work fine..it won't make u wait or irritate u in any way..non-tech people won't even know if it was lagging because it won't disturb the work..
regarding camera being better on 930 is another point that didn't convinced me..I am not saying 930 is not good but gs5 is in a league of its own and if being 1 mini second quicker is the most important factor then windows in PCs would never had been successful.
11. DogeShibe (Posts: 1040; Member since: 10 Jan 2014)
wow such candy , much red , very amazing wow
12. JDeus01 (Posts: 24; Member since: 07 May 2013)
front-facing cam only? other than that i would buy that, im sick of big phones
17. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3640; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Wow now that's quite a brick. This is probably the first concept of a phone which doesn't visualize impossibily ultra slim bezels.
21. DogeShibe (Posts: 1040; Member since: 10 Jan 2014)
But that's not a downside for this litte guy here,the thickness will add a good grip to hold and this is just 3' which means solid grip.
22. sdreamer (Posts: 6; Member since: 17 Jun 2014)
That's pretty cool. That looks like a WP that should be more of a feature phone. Maybe just look it down for basic communications and social aspects and sell it for like 20$.
28. Xenaz (Posts: 107; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
Looks so cute when it stand beside the iPhone, reminds me the Nokia 3310 and 8210 features phone era. nowadays phone size is simply too big.
32. TheGenius (Posts: 339; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
Put in a snapdragon 810 with 4 gb ram and 41 mp camera .
Make the screen fhd and you have a xperia z1 compact competitor.! :D
40. tigermcm (Posts: 774; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
.........I was wondering where my son's toy phone went
51. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3640; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
You realize that he is a MS fan since Windows mobile days......
48. benhar156 (Posts: 10; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
Is microsoft trying to kill all the remaining nokia fans?
57. MthokozisiG (Posts: 8; Member since: 21 Jul 2011)
Nokia X was better, running Android. This might just be death of Nokia phones as we know it...Or the rebirth...
58. corporateJP (Posts: 2057; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Nokia phones were dead the day MS took over.