This HTC-made Google Nexus 8 concept uses Android L, BoomSound speakers
0. phoneArena 16 Jul 2014, 13:28 posted on
At the moment, only Google knows if it's going to launch a Nexus 8 tablet. However, if it will, it may happen pretty soon...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. mmmanuuu (Posts: 384; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
Ask sony to make a nexus tablet like the tablet z
14. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
They were the first to bring oblong, sharp edged corner lookin device.
Everyone is copying Sony Z design: look at Miezu, Huawei, HTC, BB3, L925, Xiomi, Pantech, Lenovo. All following Sony style.
31. youdug (Posts: 27; Member since: 19 Jul 2013)
Sony needs to copy someone else's software design style.
Nobody copying that horrible sh*t.
They might have the ugliest software right now.
That, their pricing, and availability are the only things keeping me from considering Sony.
I love everything they're doing with the Dev community but they need to lower their pricing and get a new ui team.
16. dil2abu (Posts: 259; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Xperia Tablet Z's are masterpieces.. Only Sony can do that.. Waiting for a Sony Nexus devices..
20. Jinto (Posts: 420; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
Lol, i hope not the z3 and nexus 6, the leaks say the z3 will disappoint much by not improving anything except design
3. Federated (Posts: 261; Member since: 06 Mar 2010)
Wrong placement of speakers. Those sides are for the hands while playing games.
8. engineer-1701d (Posts: 2668; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
why the hell would i play games on a tablet i have a xbox 1 and ps4 for that
10. ihavenoname (Posts: 1667; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
27. vincelongman (Posts: 3315; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
He doesn't like 1080p 60 fps (which is available on Android/WP/iPad)
11. phones522 (Posts: 94; Member since: 27 Jan 2010)
because there are games available on mobile devices not available on consoles
21. amats69 (Posts: 1246; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
not everyone have xbox or ps4...and besides can you play games in some public places using your xbox 1 or ps4? Portability dude...thats it.
22. syncronyze (Posts: 103; Member since: 26 Apr 2014)
Speakers are facing outwards which means you can only hear the sound when the waves bounce off of walls. Should be facing towards the person so they get the direct soundwaves, which makes for a better experience
4. foreverjin08 (Posts: 73; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)
They need a new system for tablet, otherwise nobody gonna use it.
5. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4766; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
If that were real I would buy right now!
6. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1873; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
It's not real? Take my money anyway HTC XD
15. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
So would I, but this is a concept, not for-real.
How so sad.
7. engineer-1701d (Posts: 2668; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
if this was real this would be the first tablet since hp touchpad for me. never liked tablets no sound or good feel. go for it htc make it even if it is not nexus make it and sell the hell out of it
12. Klamba92 (Posts: 210; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
This concept looks good, but does look like an iPad Mini to be honest. Also i hope the actual nexus 8 or 9 does not have 4:3 ratio!
13. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Yeah, after recent events, I may be down for a couple of these when released.
17. newbey123 (Posts: 519; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Been waiting to pick up a nexus tablet until google and htc got back together. That is the only tablet i would buy from google.
24. jsdechavez (Posts: 712; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
This would do well...if this doesn't use HTC's lowly ultrapixel camera.
25. 90ninjas (unregistered)
"Supposed to be" revealed or "rumored to be"? Please.
26. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
I like it. It doesn't have that cheap-looking combination of black and silver/white that HTC uses on its other devices...
29. srgonu (Posts: 156; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
If Nexus 8 by HTC and with boom speakers, expect 50/50 Bezel to screen ratio.
32. Jurdiales (Posts: 131; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
Yeah, it's pretty, but why using the same Nexus 5 design pattern?