This $1300 rocking chair can charge your iPad
The iRock looks more or less like a classic rocking chair, but it has been outfitted with a special generator that transforms the rocking movement into energy. That energy can be used to charge an iPad or an iPhone when it is placed on the built-in docking station. Furthermore, a pair of speakers come embedded in the chair's back. According to the people who make it, the iRock will charge a third-generation iPad by as much as 35%, as long as you keep on rocking, of course.
But if you want to get yourself one of these hand-crafted beauties, prepare to part with a cold $1300. The iRock is currently available only in white, but additional paint job options – red, black, yellow, and a striped variant, are to come in the future.
source: iRock via Mashable
iRock rocking chair with iPad charging dock Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Leaked screenshots reveal a possible upcoming huge Android redesign
14 Apr 2014, 03:50
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
12 Feb 2014, 08:58
iRock rocking chair with iPad charging dock
14. laheelahee (Posts: 213; Member since: 09 Apr 2012)
lol.. w/ that money, i could buy everything new from their line up
new ipad, ipad mini, ipod touch, ipod nano
19. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Just ANOTHER way 4 apple to make $
They're on a role, baby!!!
2. Savage (Posts: 431; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
It doesn't even come with cushions or upholstery. Who gonna buy this?
3. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1223; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
very soon there will be long lines outside furniture shops for this
4. kurtdean94 (Posts: 7; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
Well that settles it. Apple product are for grannies
15. g2a5b0e (Posts: 1936; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Even worse. A $1,300 charger that can only charge your tablet a third of the way. Garbage.
6. gothicheart (Posts: 82; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
omg, this is really gonna sell good at the nursing home. thanks, but i'd rather stick with my nokia...and live life to the fullest...
7. IliyaBeshkov (Posts: 212; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
this is for all grandmas in US who has the 3 gen iPad... :D
9. whysoserious (Posts: 313; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Cool! I hope they could also create a blender or a microwave oven that will charge an iPhone 5 when inside it and turned on.
10. Nikolas.Oliver (Posts: 1340; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
lmao 1300 bucks for a charger and chair...
11. ibap (Posts: 675; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
All you Adafruit geeks out there - surely you can come up with a retrofit for a conventional rocker? I had a rocker when I was in grad school that I finished myself, and you can still get something similar for $50, or buy a used one.
How much can the charger parts cost?
12. mambocream (Posts: 27; Member since: 10 Jun 2011)
Grannies rejoice! Now if they can only make a walker that charges...
13. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5645; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Jeezes cant these idiots come up with anything worse than this P.O.S.? 1,300$ for this P.O.S.? Not even the elderly cant afford this crappy chair.
17. JcHnd (Posts: 81; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Such a dumb idea... but anything can be sold this days... just saying
18. ddeath (Posts: 152; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
Looks like Apple stuff are really for the old people after all. Reminds me of the Samsung ad where the son queued for his old parents to get the iPhone.
20. tandrash (Posts: 1; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
It's a great gimmick for those with more money than sense. If you want to see some more rocking chairs I suggest you check out rockingchairsuk.com