Things go better with Apple? Cupertino tech giant replaces Coke on top of global brands list
0. phoneArena 29 Sep 2013, 23:11 posted on
For 13 consecutive years, soft drink giant Coca-Cola has been on the top of Interbrand's Best Global Brands list; but on Monday, Coke's reign at the top will be officially over. The new number one global brand is Apple, completing a run to the top that saw the iPhone manufacturer at number 8 in 2011 and number 2 behind Coke last year...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. androiphone20 (Posts: 1393; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
This is awesome, I just have to give credit where credit is due
2. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
You know what they say - when you're at the top, the only way you can move is down. Apple now has everything to lose.
21. Chaseism (Posts: 54; Member since: 08 May 2013)
Coke carried it for 13 years...as long as Apple is smart, they can have a pretty decent reign.
3. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Why is it that in the last 10 news articles, 7 of them have been about Apple? No leaks regarding Android 4.4 or Nexus 5?
7. Shatter (Posts: 1968; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Thiet milking ad revenue because apple articles must mean more views.
10. TechBlue (Posts: 62; Member since: 06 May 2010)
I agree I am sick and tired of it... most of the write ups are Apple.
22. TechBlue (Posts: 62; Member since: 06 May 2010)
I didnt ask for your advice. Mother F'er ..
4. tiara6918 (Posts: 1322; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Congratulations Google for being 2nd on the top global brands list!
5. KIANO (Posts: 67; Member since: 13 Feb 2011)
How interesting! In the top 10, only two companies are in food business, the rest are tech companies.
6. buccob (Posts: 1307; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Ouch NOKIA.... -65%
Congrats Apple, Google and FB... Top Risers (and Prada i guess)
9. Rongocook (Posts: 76; Member since: 20 Sep 2013)
Apple is the most popular fruit so i guess it helped the cupertino co in building up the goodwill more faster!
11. syedzain (Posts: 174; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
And they say Apple is going down... lol
Good Job Apple.
12. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2337; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Congrats Apple. Oh see Google is +34% gaining more than Apple, I think Apple will enjoy this position just for few more time then Google will captivate.
20. Jommick (Posts: 169; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)
If you run the numbers given the growth percentages stay the same, google is on top after two years.
14. TheM16 (Posts: 80; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
Predicted ... :)
They all deserve their position
15. tryingHARD (Posts: 64; Member since: 31 Dec 2012)
My wife has ip5, i drink coke in mcdo, my house is cooled by samsung AC, i store my food inside GE fridge, i drive camry, i have ibm laptop running windows powered by intel and posting this comment using chrome. I have them all.
17. darkkjedii (Posts: 10109; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Great job by the two tech titans. I love both of these companies, keep bringing the noise you two.
18. darkkjedii (Posts: 10109; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I'm surprised Mc'donalds isn't #1, with the way obesity is ravaging people.
23. chrislars (Posts: 77; Member since: 11 Apr 2013)
Obesity isn't directly linked to McDonald's. I'm sure fast food doesn't help but over indulging and other cheap foods with preservatives and poisons will add to the fact. Cheap food is not good for you, period. If you didn't grow or raise it yourself you cant trust it these days, pharmaceuticals thrive off the waste that is being fed to the people. The food makes you sick so you go to the doctor for depression/high cholesterol/blood pressure/ ect. and they prescribe you medicine with side effects with other symptoms. It's a crazy world
19. GoogleSafariFox (banned) (Posts: 100; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Big Samsung Fan Here, And I give credit where credit is due. Congratulations Apple!
I Hope my Beloved Samsung will win next year:) Well, where's Mcdonalds here? I mean Mcdo is Giant Food chain that most people loves?