Thin Nokia Lumia 925 announced with PureView camera and AMOLED display
1. tiara6918 (Posts: 1946; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
AMOLED Display(Deep Blacks) + Windows Phone=Perfect Match for the Lumia 925
41. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Same Lumia 920 phone with few tweaking here and there! Its okay but not what we expected! Nokia Lumia EOS will be my cup of tea!
2. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5690; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yikes, i'm hearing that the design and the switch to AMOLED are the only hardware changes going on here. that's not good and what's more with this one you'll have to buy an accessory to be able to use wireless charging. yeah...not good.
74. phonemirer (Posts: 111; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
well, it is smaller in volume,ligther and all that, plus iso 3200 !!
3. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
not nokia's fault. microsoft should have added support for 1080p displays, quad cores and more megapixels last year with wp8.
21. Emily1985 (Posts: 127; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
Of course the fault is of Nokia, they chose them.
28. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
true...true..what bugs me is that when they announced wp8, they said they added support for "multiple cores", not just dual cores. 720p i can live with, but slow processor? not so much.
39. TheCynicalTechie (Posts: 78; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
No, they said the Kernel supports 64 cores, not the OS.
42. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
as a consumer, i dont give a damn about that. microsoft is dragging nokia down. now we'll have wait another 5 months to see eos
68. Emily1985 (Posts: 127; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
Why do you care how many cores the processor has or how many MP the camera has or What screen resolution, if the applications and the OS running fast, the camera has amazing quality and the screen is brilliant?
Look at the Galaxy S4 lag with the new processor
52. valapsp (Posts: 526; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
Edit: pretty much in love with the aluminum body.
6. jedpatrickdatu (Posts: 163; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
I love everything but the design, specifically those four black bands on the sides. Nokia should have placed them more elegantly, like with the iPhone.
7. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Hahahaha Lmfao, only an updated camera, wow this is so amazing. No upgrade to Cpu, Gpu, no 1080p screen, nor 400ppi. All 2012 handsets cameras are great, but does any-one bother about camera now adays, it's all about specs, even Apple and every manufacturers do upgrade, but Nokia dosen't, pathetic. How so sad.
24. Red-Pain (Posts: 33; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
yeah, i know right !!! WAKE THE HELL UP!!
Microsoft isn't allowing for quad-core neither does it allow for 1080p screens, so how can they upgrade from the hardware side !
but unlike other companies they upgraded the best feature they have to be even better - their camera software - so i don't blame them for 2012 specs rather i appreciate the announcement of this device..it looks nice, premium materials *cough*rather than the same old crappy plastic*cough*, and a thin body.
Wasn't everybody complaining about how heavy and thick the lumia 920 was, here you go a thin, light body for you so you don't complain, yet you keep doing what you do best trolling !!
And about nokia not announcing the Lumia EOS, I'm actually glad they didn't cuz it is still the same limited WP8, i would rather have them announce it later this year after the new update bringing 1080p screen and quad-core processors (although WP8 doesn't need them)
26. Red-Pain (Posts: 33; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
WP8 doesn't need quad-core processors only, 1080p screens is a must*
just so you don't understand my last sentence in a wrong way :D
30. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Then why choose that pathetic useless OS, even BB, iOs is much better
Wp9 will need quadcore cpus.
25. Emily1985 (Posts: 127; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
I'm trying to find some wisdom in your posts but I can not, this is not the next flagship frome Nokia, so why they need update the Cpu and Gpu!
35. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Common sense, any electrical or mechanical products needs, requires an update for part reserve power and torque. Keep up with time, 2012 is gone. Anything, everything a progress is an utmost a pinnacle.
It feels better and good. Wouldn't you love that extra power, what-ever it is, when a new product is in line.
Looks like you're just an old-skool or a vintage person, as long as it works,it's fine for you.
76. ecmedic4 (Posts: 282; Member since: 02 May 2013)
The thing is, WP8 does not need nor does it even support the specs your saying it needs. It runs perfectly smooth on what hardware is in it as the OS is optimized very well, just like iOS. Specs dont mean everything, except to a specs monger/troll (not referring to your name). Software optimization has a lot to do with how smoothly and efficiently the phone will run, look at the S4, samsung add all their bloat and gimmicks and it lags, on some of the best specs out right now. Some of the "features" are just a double of what android already does, samsung just slapped their name on it, i.e. S-beam. Ppl need to stop looking at specs only.
36. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
why are you not bashing iphone that also has dual core
44. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Custom made Exynos chip A6. By Samsung, which preforms 20% better vs a crapdragon standard commercial typical chips.
Apple uses the best in Cpu and Gpu, pvrsgx543 vs Adreno, please™
69. Emily1985 (Posts: 127; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
Allow me to disagree!
Look at the Galaxy S4 lag badly with the new Exynos processor
73. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
TROLL is a paid shill, working for the competition, and his or her sole purpose is to write hateful and dishonest comments about Nokia and Microsoft products and services.
NOTE: All of their comments should be deleted due to past violations, and their account should be suspended indefinitely. PHONE ARENA, please stop allowing paid employees of other companies looking to interfere with the review and feedback process!
10. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Are you being honest, or just indenial™
43. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
its not bad if you want thinner 920 and has aluminum stuff. lol i dont care. im getting 928.
48. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Looks like they don't want you to get the L928!
You've been thumbed down.....!
11. mew7946510 (Posts: 55; Member since: 10 Nov 2010)
Kinda disappointed but i think that should work fine for me.
12. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
This announcement is so epic it just stole Google I/O's thunder! No not really but nice try though.
16. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 558; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
I don't understand Nokia's strategy this time. Lumia 920, 928, and 925 have all the same innards and camera except for a Xenon flash in the 928 and a different camera software and aluminum trim in the 925.
45. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
thats the idea lol. they put ois in different types of lumia 92X . so people can choose what they want.
do you want something thin? thick? light? heavy? ergonomic? clean? rounded body? squared body? aluminum body? brick?
18. IliyaBeshkov (Posts: 248; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
I'm kind of disappointed, because they don't introduced the Nokia Lumia EOS.. but when you thing "Why they don't make it happen?" it makes sense.. By September WP8 will support 1080p, quad core processors and BT 4.. so it makes sense :)
22. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 749; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Huh? I cant understand these moves of Nokia.. no design changes either.
77. ecmedic4 (Posts: 282; Member since: 02 May 2013)
How is there no design changes? The 925 looks quite a bit different from the 920, and even 928, especially on the backside, only so much you can change on the front. The 925 is thinner, lighter, not as rounded in the back, has a metal band, but nah it looks no different....
23. Jason2k13 (Posts: 951; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
i just watched the whole live feed, it was very boring and disappointing basically what they showed about the 925 was almost exactly the same thing as the 920... the same features, the same spec, the same camera and sadly the same battery.
They then showed the cameras features, which the 920, samsung and htc allready has yet they still call it innovation?
I dont know why nokia even bothered making a live event for the 925 when what was shown was nothing new, they should have skipped it and move on to EOS.
Get ready to be bored if you watch the whole live feed...
On the positive side, the 925 is a sexy phone... now i should get at least ONE thumbs up for saying that :)
29. rsiders (Posts: 627; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
As much as I'd like to support Nokia and a Lumia 920 variant landing on T-Mobile, who's bright idea was it to limit storage to only 16gb with no expandable storage? And we have to wait the longest for a lesser spec'd version. I don't think I'll be using the early upgrade for this. Unlocked red/yellow Lumia 920 for me.
31. Jayzee (Posts: 22; Member since: 30 Mar 2013)
This is like Nokia's Galaxy S4. Some features is gimmicky
32. rav405 (unregistered)
Nokia is following samsungs path like smaung is doing with their galaxy series.Galaxy S4 pro,Galaxy S4 MIni,GS4 zoom etc.....
37. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3525; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Awesome job Nokia! I don't mind the 720p display or dual core chip, gause they are not needed. The camera is very good, it has a beautiful design and useful featuees. All that I need!
38. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Shows what L920 should've been in the first place. And proves that its 185grams was just a bad example of managing the design.
The only things missing are Adreno 320 instead of 225 and 2Gb RAM(to assure updates to future windows releases)
50. _Bone_ (Posts: 2150; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Speaking of Samsung S3s, this is Lumia 920.000000000000000001
53. red_fox (unregistered)
How Ironic, people have been bashing Samsung Amoled screens for it's saturated colors and now Nokia is using it :p.
57. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I'm very disappointed, more than my eyes can see ? =_='
Never mind, at least the EOS is coming, so I will wait for it!
Nokia better be making the EOS more than meets the eye!
58. omacmagic (Posts: 25; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
The only how I'll buy a Nokia with MS's OS on it is if they make a 41mp pure view with the zoom technology and video recording with the OIS tech in it. That's all I'll be buying the phone for.
59. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Good to know someone is still making 2012 flagship phones, just in case someone wants old stuff.
61. lumialove (Posts: 75; Member since: 16 May 2012)
and Windows phone 8 absolutely doesn't need quad cores as like android ....even quad cores make android's life hell.