Thieves steal five Apple iPads from Microsoft, leave everything else alone
0. phoneArena 05 Jan 2013, 17:43 posted on
A report in the Palo Alto Daily Post says that thieves broke into Microsoft's campus in Mountain View and made off with a number of Apple iPads while leaving alone all of the Microsoft branded devices that were stolen; while some are calling the story a fake, the name of the officer who responded, and the reporter's name all seem legitimate...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
22. MeoCao (unregistered)
lol, this is very bad sign for MS. MS ecosystem is fast becoming irrelevent with ordinary people.
32. darkkjedii (Posts: 9274; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
What exactly does that mean, and y do u diss anything that isn't android?
38. androidisbaws (banned) (Posts: 74; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
Because anything that isn't android deserves dissing, duh. You can't figure that our for yourself?
44. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
frankly, you are mofo retarded.''Anything not android must be dumped''? Wow. Look guys, we got a hard core fandroid here. Lets see how u throw nokia phones. they'll boomerang right back at ya, hit ur head and boom! Concussion.
47. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Stupid, stupid comment mate!
Even Meocao, the one you're giving heads up won't support you.
Too bad you can't delete your comment, you'll be in the scanners soon, lol.
39. haseebzahid (Posts: 1775; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
he eats android shits android and live android and see android he is android app not a human
55. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Cause its unknown and crappy compare to Apple and Android...
60. metalpoet (unregistered)
I bet its Apple employees paid to do this and creat more b.s. hype for apple products over their competitors.
2. joey_sfb (Posts: 1973; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
How come no one took their surface or surface pro? Sheeps to thieves. How unbecoming!!
3. evolutionqy7 (Posts: 38; Member since: 27 May 2011)
They were probably Surface's. They guy didnt know the difference. My girlfriend always calls the surface the iPad, even after correcting her so many times!
46. flipjzn (Posts: 77; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
Why are u with a dumb chick?
Nvm, iPad has become the standard of tablets, all tablets are called iPads that's what ure saying, right? Good.
57. evolutionqy7 (Posts: 38; Member since: 27 May 2011)
Just because she's not a geek and not know the difference between tablets doesn't make her dumb...
iPad is a standard. Wether you like it or not. Just like anyone that used to see a smartphone a couple years back would ask was that an iPhone. Even though you could see HTC or Nokia logo on the front...
4. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
loooool well at least we know who microsoft looks up to! haha
5. stychill (unregistered)
google probably has ipads as well, you should always watch the progress of your competition...
27. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
i know man i was jus being sarcastic..... in a non serious way
30. stychill (unregistered)
I figured, but i couldn't really tell if you were being serious or not. In the end i just decided to comment LOL
6. opensourceftw (banned) (Posts: 148; Member since: 01 Jan 2013)
And nothing of value was lost.
7. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I guess thieves came in looking for a picture frame, saw what's good and ran away with it...
8. MrJerry (Posts: 378; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
MS -> APPLE -> GOOGLE
Apple just has been following MS's destination
Good thing is, Google looks a bit different from those two money-greedy low-life scumbags
59. MrJerry (Posts: 378; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
I've never seen a comment with 12 dislikes and no reply
I guess everyone dislikes my comment but also thinks it is right ...maybe partially
And I also think someone will reply soon lol
9. Edmund (Posts: 645; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
and some smackhead will sell those for $100 a pop. this site is literally going down the gutter
13. jroc74 (Posts: 3977; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
What does ppl stealing iPads from MS have to do with PA writing the article? Its is kinda funny they didnt take any Surface tablets. Were any near by?
Amd why iPads and nothing else? PA isnt supposed to write about it because it looks like a negative for MS? So.....they can write negative about Google, Apple...but not MS....
14. Edmund (Posts: 645; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
and you consider the above newsworthy??? This sort of garbage is nothing but flame-bait, which is why I refuse to take the matter any further.
16. jroc74 (Posts: 3977; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
So...if its news worthy...AND flame bait...its fine? Its cool tho man, I hear ya. I think I'm about to start staying logged out of here and a few other sites.
Nothing against the sites....but just some of the commenters. One site...its one of the writers. Its time to get away from the internet for awhile.
34. darkkjedii (Posts: 9274; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Jroc think about yo, it's the wknd. Generally tech news is mon-fri. Give em another chance lol
10. Whateverman (Posts: 3158; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Now that's really bad! Windows products are so unpopular that THRIVES wouldn't even steal them. Personally, I think WP8 looks pretty decent, but I don't have much hope if not even thrives don't even want them.
21. Whateverman (Posts: 3158; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Hey! Don't blame me, blame the Chicago Public School system. JK.
Sorry, should have proofread before hitting "Spend". JK, again.
24. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5637; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
don't forget to edit your words. just letting u know Whateverman
40. Whateverman (Posts: 3158; Member since: 17 May 2009)
I'm telling you, my spell check is out to get me. Lol.
12. protozeloz (Posts: 5326; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Lol not even thieves want windows phone or the surface, sucks to be at the bottom
17. bambamboogy02 (Posts: 14; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
Headline says 5 Ipads, article reads,TWO 2nd gen, TWO 3rd gen, and TWO 4th gen Ipads. Isn't that SIX Ipads?
18. shuaibhere (Posts: 876; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I was thinking about the same thing!!!!!
Answer us PA..
35. Alan01 (Posts: 151; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
Ran out of fingers to count on.
It's actually just one fourth-generation iPad that was stolen, not two.
53. bambamboogy02 (Posts: 14; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
Thank you for the update and clarification.
26. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Haha I was thinking that too...somebody must be high before writing their article or something
20. Cynipap999 (banned) (Posts: 138; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
Interesting article Phone Arena, was there any news on any missing wireless routers from Microsoft's campus? I'm sure those iPads were useless without their routers.
23. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5637; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
What kind of idiot would steal a Ipad? These theives are getting dummer and dummber. but its great news too me
25. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Lol I would steal an iPad before a surface anyday...not that I encourage this behavior..
29. shamataa (Posts: 202; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
You never see these kind of thing happen to Google or any other OEM's. I wouldn't buy a product with this kind of reputation year after year and so on.
33. CRICKETownz (Posts: 980; Member since: 24 Oct 2009)
Sounds about right to me...why would anyone break in to steal any Microsoft products?
48. lumialove (Posts: 75; Member since: 16 May 2012)
The most dumb person award will certainly go to these idiot duds,for stealing the rotten fruits :)
50. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 664; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Hahahaha!! At least the thieves have great taste, who'd want to steal a Surface when you can take a iPad? Talk about a b***h slap to Microsofts face, lmao!
56. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
your such an idiot, no other way around it
first off ofcourse go for the ipads, whatever you android junkies say nothing will sell faster then something with the apple logo on. the ipad can be shifted faster then other devices so thieves look for them as a easy steal.
whats funny is if this was ''ipads stolen from samsung'' you would cry they only have them for research and the thieves dont know quality.
so stop your one sided bs
51. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 628; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
"were mistakenly referred to as the Apple iPad 4. "
Why in the description of the photo this is written?
"The fourth-gen iPad 4 was one of the items stolen"