Thieves steal five Apple iPads from Microsoft, leave everything else alone
0. phoneArena posted on 05 Jan 2013, 17:43
A report in the Palo Alto Daily Post says that thieves broke into Microsoft's campus in Mountain View and made off with a number of Apple iPads while leaving alone all of the Microsoft branded devices that were stolen; while some are calling the story a fake, the name of the officer who responded, and the reporter's name all seem legitimate...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
22. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 05 Jan 2013, 20:48 2
lol, this is very bad sign for MS. MS ecosystem is fast becoming irrelevent with ordinary people.
32. darkkjedii posted on 05 Jan 2013, 21:39 8
What exactly does that mean, and y do u diss anything that isn't android?
38. androidisbaws (banned) posted on 06 Jan 2013, 00:18 1
Because anything that isn't android deserves dissing, duh. You can't figure that our for yourself?
42. darkkjedii posted on 06 Jan 2013, 01:18 5
That's a dumb statement dude
44. Raymond_htc posted on 06 Jan 2013, 02:08 0
frankly, you are mofo retarded.''Anything not android must be dumped''? Wow. Look guys, we got a hard core fandroid here. Lets see how u throw nokia phones. they'll boomerang right back at ya, hit ur head and boom! Concussion.
47. Nathan_ingx posted on 06 Jan 2013, 02:45 2
Stupid, stupid comment mate!
Even Meocao, the one you're giving heads up won't support you.
Too bad you can't delete your comment, you'll be in the scanners soon, lol.
52. darkkjedii posted on 06 Jan 2013, 07:11 0
Exactly...that comment was wack
39. haseebzahid posted on 06 Jan 2013, 00:59 0
he eats android shits android and live android and see android he is android app not a human
43. darkkjedii posted on 06 Jan 2013, 01:19 0
Yeah I guess so huh
55. TROLL (limited) 6 days ago posted on 06 Jan 2013, 09:29 2
Cause its unknown and crappy compare to Apple and Android...
60. metalpoet (unregistered) posted on 06 Jan 2013, 19:38 0
I bet its Apple employees paid to do this and creat more b.s. hype for apple products over their competitors.
2. joey_sfb posted on 05 Jan 2013, 17:53 3
How come no one took their surface or surface pro? Sheeps to thieves. How unbecoming!!
3. evolutionqy7 posted on 05 Jan 2013, 17:58 13
They were probably Surface's. They guy didnt know the difference. My girlfriend always calls the surface the iPad, even after correcting her so many times!
46. flipjzn posted on 06 Jan 2013, 02:35 1
Why are u with a dumb chick?
Nvm, iPad has become the standard of tablets, all tablets are called iPads that's what ure saying, right? Good.
57. evolutionqy7 posted on 06 Jan 2013, 12:29 0
Just because she's not a geek and not know the difference between tablets doesn't make her dumb...
iPad is a standard. Wether you like it or not. Just like anyone that used to see a smartphone a couple years back would ask was that an iPhone. Even though you could see HTC or Nokia logo on the front...
4. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 05 Jan 2013, 18:07 2
loooool well at least we know who microsoft looks up to! haha
5. stychill (unregistered) posted on 05 Jan 2013, 18:12 8
google probably has ipads as well, you should always watch the progress of your competition...
27. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 05 Jan 2013, 21:21 0
i know man i was jus being sarcastic..... in a non serious way
30. stychill (unregistered) posted on 05 Jan 2013, 21:33 1
I figured, but i couldn't really tell if you were being serious or not. In the end i just decided to comment LOL
37. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 05 Jan 2013, 23:23 0
alllll goood :)
7. Nathan_ingx posted on 05 Jan 2013, 18:16 7
I guess thieves came in looking for a picture frame, saw what's good and ran away with it...
8. MrJerry posted on 05 Jan 2013, 18:19 0
MS -> APPLE -> GOOGLE
Apple just has been following MS's destination
Good thing is, Google looks a bit different from those two money-greedy low-life scumbags
59. MrJerry posted on 06 Jan 2013, 17:26 0
I've never seen a comment with 12 dislikes and no reply
I guess everyone dislikes my comment but also thinks it is right ...maybe partially
And I also think someone will reply soon lol
9. Edmund posted on 05 Jan 2013, 18:37 1
and some smackhead will sell those for $100 a pop. this site is literally going down the gutter
13. jroc74 posted on 05 Jan 2013, 19:09 0
What does ppl stealing iPads from MS have to do with PA writing the article? Its is kinda funny they didnt take any Surface tablets. Were any near by?
Amd why iPads and nothing else? PA isnt supposed to write about it because it looks like a negative for MS? So.....they can write negative about Google, Apple...but not MS....
14. Edmund posted on 05 Jan 2013, 19:36 0
and you consider the above newsworthy??? This sort of garbage is nothing but flame-bait, which is why I refuse to take the matter any further.
16. jroc74 posted on 05 Jan 2013, 19:47 0
So...if its news worthy...AND flame bait...its fine? Its cool tho man, I hear ya. I think I'm about to start staying logged out of here and a few other sites.
Nothing against the sites....but just some of the commenters. One site...its one of the writers. Its time to get away from the internet for awhile.
34. darkkjedii posted on 05 Jan 2013, 21:42 0
Jroc think about yo, it's the wknd. Generally tech news is mon-fri. Give em another chance lol
10. Whateverman posted on 05 Jan 2013, 18:39 3
Now that's really bad! Windows products are so unpopular that THRIVES wouldn't even steal them. Personally, I think WP8 looks pretty decent, but I don't have much hope if not even thrives don't even want them.
21. Whateverman posted on 05 Jan 2013, 20:09 0
Hey! Don't blame me, blame the Chicago Public School system. JK.
Sorry, should have proofread before hitting "Spend". JK, again.
41. darkkjedii posted on 06 Jan 2013, 01:16 0
24. InspectorGadget80 posted on 05 Jan 2013, 21:01 0
don't forget to edit your words. just letting u know Whateverman
40. Whateverman posted on 06 Jan 2013, 01:03 0
I'm telling you, my spell check is out to get me. Lol.
12. protozeloz posted on 05 Jan 2013, 19:00 5
Lol not even thieves want windows phone or the surface, sucks to be at the bottom
17. bambamboogy02 posted on 05 Jan 2013, 19:57 0
Headline says 5 Ipads, article reads,TWO 2nd gen, TWO 3rd gen, and TWO 4th gen Ipads. Isn't that SIX Ipads?
18. shuaibhere posted on 05 Jan 2013, 20:03 0
I was thinking about the same thing!!!!!
Answer us PA..
35. Alan01 posted on 05 Jan 2013, 21:57 0
Ran out of fingers to count on.
It's actually just one fourth-generation iPad that was stolen, not two.
53. bambamboogy02 posted on 06 Jan 2013, 08:16 0
Thank you for the update and clarification.
26. Android4u posted on 05 Jan 2013, 21:07 0
Haha I was thinking that too...somebody must be high before writing their article or something
20. Cynipap999 (banned) posted on 05 Jan 2013, 20:09 0
Interesting article Phone Arena, was there any news on any missing wireless routers from Microsoft's campus? I'm sure those iPads were useless without their routers.
23. InspectorGadget80 posted on 05 Jan 2013, 21:00 0
What kind of idiot would steal a Ipad? These theives are getting dummer and dummber. but its great news too me
25. Android4u posted on 05 Jan 2013, 21:04 1
Lol I would steal an iPad before a surface anyday...not that I encourage this behavior..
29. shamataa posted on 05 Jan 2013, 21:30 0
You never see these kind of thing happen to Google or any other OEM's. I wouldn't buy a product with this kind of reputation year after year and so on.
33. CRICKETownz posted on 05 Jan 2013, 21:40 0
Sounds about right to me...why would anyone break in to steal any Microsoft products?
48. lumialove posted on 06 Jan 2013, 03:29 0
The most dumb person award will certainly go to these idiot duds,for stealing the rotten fruits :)
50. Tsepz_GP posted on 06 Jan 2013, 04:21 0
Hahahaha!! At least the thieves have great taste, who'd want to steal a Surface when you can take a iPad? Talk about a b***h slap to Microsofts face, lmao!
56. chaoticrazor posted on 06 Jan 2013, 12:04 1
your such an idiot, no other way around it
first off ofcourse go for the ipads, whatever you android junkies say nothing will sell faster then something with the apple logo on. the ipad can be shifted faster then other devices so thieves look for them as a easy steal.
whats funny is if this was ''ipads stolen from samsung'' you would cry they only have them for research and the thieves dont know quality.
so stop your one sided bs
51. CanYouSeeTheLight posted on 06 Jan 2013, 06:35 0
"were mistakenly referred to as the Apple iPad 4. "
Why in the description of the photo this is written?
"The fourth-gen iPad 4 was one of the items stolen"