These are the 20 best iPhone photographs for the year
0. phoneArena 12 Jun 2014, 08:57 posted on
The winners of the annual iPhone Photography Awards are announced, and you can see the 20 best iPhone photographs here…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
9. Planterz (Posts: 2079; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Stunning? More like scary as f*&k! But yeah, stunning too.
37. Aploine (Posts: 426; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
Most of them are black and white and some of them look tweaked. I think any of the top camera phones could take pictures like these in the hands of a good photographer. I like them all
2. lalalaman (Posts: 631; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
no 9 is good....whats up with 11??whats the phenomenon called?
4. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
It looks like a föhn wind. Though it probably isn't since it looks like there isn't any mountains there.
24. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Oh yeah that's right! But I guess they can occur during föhn winds? At least some very similar looking clouds.
3. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Such beautiful pictures! Nature can sure provide beauty that nothing will ever be able to match!
8. dontneedtoknow (Posts: 158; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
I ccompletely agree! We chase things in our life so much that we don't see natural beauty every day.
5. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Because Apple do nothing since years , menial media attack us with iBS articles to show that Apple is alive. Rumors and photoshops from iFans every day. Right?
Last thing that Apple did was the useless fingerprint scanner and even more useless 64 bit on 1gb icrap. And just put 'S'
7. dontneedtoknow (Posts: 158; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
Dude if you don't like these photos then don't look at them. No need to come here and be a hater! Calm your tits!
10. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Dude, are those sites , tech sites, or what? Fashion photoshop magazine for wet idreams?
Aren't you fed up with those hundrets of 'apple articles' when Apple do NOTHING since years?
16. Ninetysix (Posts: 2381; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
You're an example why Apple articles exist. You can't resist clicking it and posting in it.
21. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I was waiting for your reply lol. Got em.
15. iMemo (Posts: 110; Member since: 22 Feb 2014)
Dude, calm down... How can you be so bitter even after looking at these amazing photos!
40. darkkjedii (Posts: 21307; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Please tell us, how many green thumbs would you like for that post?
11. majp89 (Posts: 171; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
Why is #3 even considered good? It just looks like someone took a picture of their dog in the snow. All the rest look like they belong here, and some of them don't even look like they're capable of being from a phone, they're so good.
17. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Simply amazing pictures. Apple has some clever processing algorithms.
18. refillable (Posts: 1046; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Of course these are not raw out of the phone pics. I can just edit pictures coming from an S5, a Z2 or a N1020 to have some allegedly clever processing.
41. refillable (Posts: 1046; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
You do. If you don't you won't disagree with facts. I am turning some 3.2MP Pics to stunning ones.
31. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Oh jeez... A human brain is my source. I thought all of us have one?
39. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Are you implying the iphone can actually shoot in real black/white sepia tone without software processing/edit? Lol.
It is obvious that most of these images have "enhancements."
23. D79_D79_ (Posts: 38; Member since: 19 Feb 2014)
ok yeh there nice shots but come on, now we wanna see the raws! why show us photoshopped images :/
36. Droidrapist (Posts: 186; Member since: 28 May 2014)
Photoshop doesn't make a s**tty photo better. All you can do in photoshop is change the mood of the photo, you have to start with a heavily detailed photo. Some of these photos, photoshop couldn't do a thing but higher the contrast... especially the second place, its just black and white... what is stunning about the photo is the position of the lighting and its dark 'feel' has nothing to do with 'photoshop' have you ever used it??? It doesn't make a s**tty photo good... Especialy if its grainy or blurry.
42. rsiders (Posts: 913; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
But it can take an ordinary "ok" photo and make them into these.
26. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1717; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Stunning photos. Now to find them in a better resolution
27. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 867; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
Now there's a missed opportunity for Nokia back in the day... Still very much alive for Microsoft though.
28. csoulr666 (Posts: 115; Member since: 04 Nov 2013)
This shows that it's not just about the tools, it also about the skills the wielder has
32. rajkatiyar07 (Posts: 18; Member since: 11 Jun 2014)
i dont know actually ..but all off them is looking heavily edited . One thing more ..i dont doubt in clarity of an iphone image qaulity but look at them..they all looking like captured by digital SLR.
34. blackberry_Boy (Posts: 213; Member since: 27 May 2014)
Wow the iphone 8mp camera does take great shots I'll give em that
35. Droidrapist (Posts: 186; Member since: 28 May 2014)
Because a larger sensor/apperture has the same effect as a 16mp camera without actually increasing their size (reducing space in the phone) this is exactly why they didn't just make the sensor 16mp. Now it is more sensitive to light. Think of it like recording on 44.1khz/24 bit with a dynamic microphone vs 44.1khz/24 bit with a condenser microphone. Because the source has a larger diaphram and it is more sensitiv the audio will sound clearer and more pristine. Similar idea with the photo sensor.
38. rsiders (Posts: 913; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
I am wowed by these amazing captures. Even as a Nokia Lumia 920 owner and proud support of Windows Phone I can admit that Apple has always had top of the line cameras on their phones, and I can appreciate the artistry that communicates through these photos. Love it.