"There's iPhone and then there's everything else," says Apple in response to Samsung Galaxy S 4 unveiling
0. phoneArena 16 Mar 2013, 19:48 posted on
With the Samsung Galaxy S 4 catching 99.99% of the buzz in the last two days, Apple is fighting back with a post on its website explaining why you should buy an Apple iPhone 5 instead of the Samsung Galaxy S 4; expanding on the "it just works" thought, Apple says that owners of its iconic smartphone say that it does so many things, so easily...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
59. taikucing (unregistered)
"iOS 6. The world's most advanced operating system."
How can Apple claim iOS is the most advanced OS while there are many more advanced OS like Android, WP8, BB10, and ubuntu?
Funny. iOS doesn't even have widgets. The most advanced my a$$!
61. Tux_Alan (Posts: 74; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
Means as much to me as a restaurant who advertises the "world's best burger or pizza or whatever" Self proclaimed titles rarely mean ****
63. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4154; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Alright, I'm going to try to take on each slide one by one.
1. Yes, and a lot of that "everything else" is better by comparison in my opinion.
2. Most advanced? Hardly. Making bold statements that are based on preference and are entirely false is bad, Apple. Shame.
3. I don't want your Siri when I have Google Now, which has been proven better.
4. There are many cloud options on Android, iCloud isn't special.
5. I'm sure many people are completely satisfied with their other devices, and don't need a trophy to admit it.
6. Every detail except for durability.
7. True, but many Android devices have super Retina displays with much higher pixel densities than the iPhone.
8. The iPhone 5 does have decent battery life, but that's only because the OS the hardware runs is so dead simple and optimized it uses barely any power. Also, iOS doesn't really have tasks running in the background like other OS's do.
9. Won't argue with that. Hats off to Samsung for making that chip for you, Apple. ;)
10. The iPhone JUST got LTE with the iPhone 5, and you're marketing it as a breakthrough feature? LTE is a standard now, it's nothing to brag about. I also thought dual band Wifi was a standard as well?
11. Yup, hats off to Sony for making that wonderful camera for you :)
12. All the apps I use are just as good, if not better, than their iOS equivalents. Also, Google Play is just as secure as the App Store, only idiots who download from unknown sources get malware.
87. poping (unregistered)
well done Berzerk000. 12 slaps for the ignoramurus.
64. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1313; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
"There's iPhone and then there's everything else".
That's actually a problem Apple. Everything else is kicking the iPhone's a$$.
66. -box- (Posts: 3944; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Sweet dorito tacos, a pro-apple Alan f article? Wow!
Seriously Alan, give up. You make me sad.
69. kahoyt (Posts: 2; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
It's really hard to compare the iPhone and an android phone. For the average person the iPhone is going to look more attractive because of the simplicity of it, from the design of the phone to the operating system it's meant to be user friendly. As far as an Android phone, it's more about customization and personalization, or you just want to find the cheapest smart phone. It's going to be an Android phone. I've owned every Galaxy S phone to date and currently own the Note 2, (kind of a nerd) and I love to tweek and change and push the phone to its limits until I have to factory reset or get a new one. But the average person doesn't really know how to use or ever will use at the very most twenty percent of what these phones are capable of. In one sense it well turn off some people, grandma "I'll never figure that out" and to the other (me) "the future is here".
71. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
"There's Windows Phone, IOS, BB10, and then there's a fragmented operating system that still manages to lag, even with 8 processing cores in the phone".
There, fixed for them.
112. tedkord (Posts: 6199; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Actual, there's Android, then there's the distant second place mobile OS that still can't multitask.
156. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Unknowingly you are iNsulting the iPhone by clubbing them in same league BB10 and Windows ..... :D
75. SuperNexus (Posts: 123; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
We can clearly see - Apple feared from Samsung Galaxy S4
77. Taters (Posts: 3742; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Lol retina display. Now they are just getting sad.
165. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6944; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
retina display is not even at 720P or 1080P HD it's not even HD at all
80. poping (unregistered)
imho, i still prefer android. and among android phones, i still prefer samsung's flagships. why? i can't tell you. i don't want Apple to know because anyway Apple will put whatever features they want into their phones.
81. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
There was iphone then the company got bankrupt due to the death in innovation and the founder and their employees fighting each other and their their new ceo asking for forgiveness for their incompatibility in public, then a company named Samsung took over the lime light then since apple had nothing to innovate they started criticizing and now apple is only known as a fruit.
82. faisolbauuz (Posts: 121; Member since: 05 Jan 2013)
Seriously i cant stop laughing reading this
84. mr.sammygalaxynote3 (Posts: 15; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
is I'm wrong?
i saw apple said it had world's most advanced mobile operation system...now IOS is melting..
apple said it only siri in iphone?samsung also had s-voice...
apple said it has retina display with 326ppi?samsung s4 has 441ppi...
apple said it had a biggest battery life just in 1440mAh?samsung s4 has 2600mAh larger capacity in samsung battery...
apple said it had processor A6 just clocked at 1.3Ghz?samsung s4's processor clocked at 1.9Ghz...
apple said it has a better camera than anyone.?samsung s4's camera is 13mp while iphone 5 just 8mp..
apple said iphone 5 is the thinnest,lightest?samsung s4 beat them all....
85. poping (unregistered)
"There's iphone" = the bad news
"and then there's everything else," = the good news
86. archangel9 (Posts: 231; Member since: 07 Feb 2010)
Haven't seen nothing this funny since Married w/Children...Battery life makes no sense
88. juttshzada (Posts: 1; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
IOS 6. The world's most advanced mobile operating system.......... hahahaha...so funny. i think it is joke of the year.
Apple! you made my day
90. Jonathan41 (Posts: 532; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
Retina display is just a branding for iPhone screens. It means nothing. 441 ppi is the standard now. The iPhones 326 ppi is nothing to brag about.
91. babyk (Posts: 242; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
There's iPhone and then theres everything else bla bla bla S.T.F.U apple
93. Samsomesh (Posts: 180; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
There is iphone and everything but nothing that is better...
94. rebeccajustin (banned) (Posts: 28; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
What makes a iphone an iphone?Well,you put a i infront of a phone and top that with s**tty boring non trilling ios!When you are done with that u sue other companies and bribe that jugde Lucy Koh and win the case.You see apple thinks she's the most pretty girl out there which all boys crave over but every boy just wants to give her a *****
95. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
Dont cry inferior, outdated Apple :-)
166. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6944; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
its not even a advance technology device
101. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Hmm, it appears APPLE's marketing team is becoming a little desperate. Perhaps it is the smell of fear that drives them nowadays.
102. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Apple Iphone: A smartphone....for dummies
104. rsaunders917 (Posts: 9; Member since: 19 Jul 2012)
"There's iPhone and then there's everything else," says Apple in response to Samsung Galaxy S 4 unveiling
Hmm, spoken like a true (and, er, scared) marketer. Whatever. As they say, you can fool all people some of the time, and some people all of the time, but you cannot fool all people all the time. Enough bs already. Instead of mouthing off rehashed press releases and defenses, kindly show us something that would tempt us to buy the best product out there, regardless of the stamped brand on it.
106. selena1000 (Posts: 84; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
I m not a apple or android fanboy and my first and only(yet) apple device is the iphone 5 and guess what?Im not diisappointed with my purchase at all. i switched from android(galaxy s2) and hated iphone back then but since i bought iphone i m very happy and proud owner of iphone.
My point is that i dont understand why their is so much hatred for Apple here no matter what they do you people criticize. this is so idiotic. you people should really get a life :-(
114. tedkord (Posts: 6199; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
There is hatred for Apple because they are constantly trying to win market share by getting the competition banned with frivolous lawsuits.
Because of Apple, my smartphone choices are more expensive than they should be, and less advanced than they could be.
110. bojan (Posts: 188; Member since: 06 Oct 2012)
both are garbage keep just copy pasting and just upgrading same old boring crap>>> HTC IS BEST
111. CrazzyTechGurl (Posts: 3; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
I work for a carrier in tech support and i deal with iphones everyday! i cant even tell you how many more problems customers have with battery and wifi issues. Since ios 5 almost every update a majority of calls are wifi not connecting, short battery life or audio quality issues! And there have been tons of andriod devices that had LTE before the iphone. If you look on their website the one slide missing is their awesome customer support which is bs! You have to pay 36 dollars if you didnt buy their 99.00 apple plan so they transfer you to us and we fix your issue! not apple! point in fact Apple is making false claims about their devices so called "awesome features!"
113. tedkord (Posts: 6199; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Apple: "There's the iPhone then there's everything else. But once we bankrupt those other companies by dragging out thousands of frivolous lawsuits, there will be only the iPhone. "
115. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
"Sour grapes make for bitter whine."
(Shouldn't this article have come with an advertising disclaimer?)
120. pego99 (Posts: 80; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
The problem is that Apple still sees the iPhone as a music player that can make calls. Everything is centered around iTunes. The world has changed. The use if iTunes, the small hold in 1 hand operate with your thumb rule, the silly requirement for a proprietary expensive connector. Samsung is making all the right decisions and Apple is not.
127. Luisit0 (Posts: 73; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)
Lmao that's exactly what I tell my apple fanboy friends when they say android sucks XD
You have a valid point though, I just laughed because I never thought someone would use the exact expression I do (sorta). I always say it's an iPod with cellular service XD
126. Luisit0 (Posts: 73; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)
The iPhone is a great phone, for minimalistic people that want essential things right there, at the home screen and prefer a closed, secure ecosystem... The S4 is another great phone, for creative people who want to push the limits of what they're able to do with a smartphone and who prefer all the wonders of open source at the expense of possibly bricking their phone if they don't know what they're doing. Overall, I choose the Android world, but not with the S4 cause it's not the phone for me (I won't use it to it's fullest), instead with the HTC One (it has everything I want/need and some extras I would enjoy).
130. Droiddoes (unregistered)
" "Because Apple makes both the hardware and the software, iOS features are designed to work perfectly with iPhone features like the Retina display, gyro, and accelerometer."
Uh...what? I thought Sony made the cameras and LG produced the display. Lying apple is a liar that lies.
135. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
"There's the iPhone, then there are muuuuuch much better phones," says GMracer1.
139. drummerboy (Posts: 1; Member since: 01 Jul 2011)
I have been reading many comments from everyone here at Phone Arena, some exhibit great insight, some don't, giving me knowledge to purchase the right phone for me. Thanks to all. What I haven't seen, and forgive me if I've missed something, is phone reception. I use a Galaxy Note (use the pen often for many of my job functions as a Design Engineer and for fun, BTW). My office is on a lower floor of a large building and I consistently get two bars. One HTC and one Motorola user gets one to two bars as well. All three of us get acceptable reception in that our calls have acceptable clarity. There is one iPhone 3 (my boss' phone), one iPhone 4 and one iPhone 5 user in my company and the maximum reception for all three phones is ZERO bars. (All six phones are in the ATT plan.) My wife's Galaxy SII has clear reception there also.)
I purchased a microCell from ATT to enhance the reception for the iPhones (and the others as well) per my GM's request and the HTC, Motorola and my Galaxy Note all get 5 bars, the iPhones 3 to 4. On another note, at family gatherings, my good ol' Note blows away the iPhones 3, 4 and 5s in races with apps and online downloads and searches.
IMHO, despite the (great) features that all these phones have, I have chosen the phone best suited for me in working and leisure environments, and know it's more reliable then the iPhones - again, just in my humble opinion. Q.E.D.
144. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Lol ... this is known Patting your own back to console your Big Fat Bloated EGO ... which has been "pricked" by everyone else :)
145. rdemon (Posts: 46; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
Apple responds to the Samsung Gaslaxy S 4. Major typo there PhoneArena.
152. israinwet (Posts: 47; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
So why can't the US get the octa-core version again?
167. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6944; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
probably because of the U.S. radio frequency waves here are differ from ASIA or EUROPE.
169. mandkeee (Posts: 81; Member since: 27 Feb 2009)
this is true~~~~
apple is way much better than samsung.......
170. ChafedBanana (Posts: 362; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
I find it funny that the word that you get when you combine "crap" and "Apple" together is BANNED on here. Suck on my SGS3, Apple fanboys.
171. ANANDALTER (Posts: 124; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
wy they haven't mentioned about "MAPS"?
173. lauremar (Posts: 181; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
Apple will always be Apple! What a narcissistic and hypocritical ad!!!
174. letgomyeggroll (Posts: 138; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
I'm sorry anybody that votes something like the Ford Tarus to be the best car in 10 years straight should be bann from awarding any manufacture or products!!!! Yes I do mean JD Power and Associates, and no it was not a consumer survey report either. And no I'm not trolling, because history proof its that they have awarded to many outrages garbage stuff and to companies with poor customer service or results!!!!
And of course Apple will mention something because all they have is repeats of products. Just take the IPhone clone it, and called it the "S" ....Sh*& we screwed lets release the fix on the next release. And all Apple fans will just play alone its a great new product when it's really the same with the fix. If you can't see the difference in specs dont say nothing at all about other brands!!!!!!!!!!!!!