"There's iPhone and then there's everything else," says Apple in response to Samsung Galaxy S 4 unveiling
0. phoneArena 16 Mar 2013, 19:48 posted on
With the Samsung Galaxy S 4 catching 99.99% of the buzz in the last two days, Apple is fighting back with a post on its website explaining why you should buy an Apple iPhone 5 instead of the Samsung Galaxy S 4; expanding on the "it just works" thought, Apple says that owners of its iconic smartphone say that it does so many things, so easily...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
7. menny07 (Posts: 89; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
I vouch apple is getting scared. There's been a lot of innovation in the market lately... if ya know what I mean lol.
30. omar300 (Posts: 209; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
a google shop should open beside every apple shop and they should carry all recent android phones.
38. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 13579; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
scared of what? Where's the innovation because many people were disappointed with the SIV. I wouldn't call a bunch of new features with -S in the name, innovation.
51. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
The eye scrolling is pretty sweet.
If Motorola pulls off the process described in the latest X phone rumors, that'll be smartphone innovation too.
68. Hemlocke (unregistered)
It doesn't actually follow your eyes to scroll. Head position and tilting the phone activate it, which isn't any better than current motion scrolling on Android.
119. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 13579; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I doubt it. They'll refuse to update it just like they did with several other phones.
121. kach22 (Posts: 153; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
You talk a lot of Non sense Mxyz.... Do you know that? I don't think so. That is why you are so pathetic.
147. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Truth in Apple world is really nonsense :)
122. jacko1977 (Posts: 428; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
hows ios6 for 3G or 3GS working out for people
154. gallitoking (Posts: 4720; Member since: 17 May 2011)
At least.those are more than 2 year old phones unlike the android that forgets to update 1 year old phones so Android followers are the worst when it comes to updates..
155. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
But here's the thing, manufacturer skins kind of take away the need for updates. Those custom UI's add features to stock Android, so even if some Android users get dropped for support, most don't mind much or were looking to get a new phone anyways. I'm sure most Galaxy S3 users on 4.1 wouldn't mind much if the 4.2 update took longer to happen; because they know they still have more features than the Nexus owners with 4.2.
However, I do think the update from 4.0 to 4.1 should be mandatory on all phones with over 512 MB of RAM. It's a basic update that actually increases performance and adds a few useful features that wouldn't take long at all to implement into the software. Most manufacturers have already or plan to update their device with over 512 MB of RAM to 4.1 except for HTC and their 2011 devices, which is kind of sad.
158. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
YOU'RE iPHONE IS WAYY OUT DATED and behind technology
172. lauremar (Posts: 181; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
DENIAL doesn't equal TRUTH... You have the former when you're talking about your beloved Fruit Co. @Mxyzptlk...
54. Daftama (Posts: 619; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Now now behave Apple did the same with 3 3s 4 4s 5 let sammy be
65. AnTuTu (Posts: 1580; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
@Mxyzptlk: Let's say there is no innovation so far from Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony, Motorola and Asus in phones and tablet market.
Could you please tell me a single feature or piece of technology which Apple has invented?
A fair advice to you 'Mxyzptlk' please don't comment like a 2 years old kid on each and every post. You need to show a little maturity and some respect to real innovation.
You know what I mean if you know a little bit of technology and also stop being a marketing guy for a company which doesn't show respect to other companies.
149. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
He knows Apple stole everything and assembled it so he would not answer that :)
74. weinerslav (Posts: 126; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
But I'm quite sure that you will call innovation to a 5 with an S in the front...
79. KazEmpire (Posts: 39; Member since: 07 Nov 2011)
so what would you call innovation ? i guess your answer is a new row of apps !
107. tedkord (Posts: 11925; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Its not as innovative as an extra row of icons, but what is?
118. VZWuser76 (Posts: 4363; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
The only thing I was disappointed about the S4 was with how little the design changed from the S3. As far as innovation, they had Smart Scroll & Pause, IR Blaster so it can act as a remote, the ability to record with both front & back cameras simultaneously. I don't know, sounds pretty innovative to me.
132. therealestmc (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
All these are gimmicks. Smartpause, really?
157. teerex42 (Posts: 211; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
Dude smart pause is pretty f'ing cool if you ask me.
146. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Cool so lets see what you call iPhone 5"S" :)
168. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
66 Dislikes? Congratulations! You have been promoted to Level 6 Troll!
159. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
he's a ifailure MEeee when it comes too comment comback