"There's iPhone and then there's everything else," says Apple in response to Samsung Galaxy S 4 unveiling
0. phoneArena posted on 16 Mar 2013, 19:48
With the Samsung Galaxy S 4 catching 99.99% of the buzz in the last two days, Apple is fighting back with a post on its website explaining why you should buy an Apple iPhone 5 instead of the Samsung Galaxy S 4; expanding on the "it just works" thought, Apple says that owners of its iconic smartphone say that it does so many things, so easily...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
7. menny07 posted on 16 Mar 2013, 20:05 51 2
I vouch apple is getting scared. There's been a lot of innovation in the market lately... if ya know what I mean lol.
30. omar300 posted on 16 Mar 2013, 21:01 38 3
a google shop should open beside every apple shop and they should carry all recent android phones.
38. Mxyzptlk posted on 16 Mar 2013, 21:31 7 72
scared of what? Where's the innovation because many people were disappointed with the SIV. I wouldn't call a bunch of new features with -S in the name, innovation.
51. Sniggly posted on 16 Mar 2013, 22:22 19 1
The eye scrolling is pretty sweet.
If Motorola pulls off the process described in the latest X phone rumors, that'll be smartphone innovation too.
68. Hemlocke posted on 16 Mar 2013, 23:46 4 9
It doesn't actually follow your eyes to scroll. Head position and tilting the phone activate it, which isn't any better than current motion scrolling on Android.
119. Mxyzptlk posted on 17 Mar 2013, 09:26 2 7
I doubt it. They'll refuse to update it just like they did with several other phones.
121. kach22 posted on 17 Mar 2013, 10:15 4 2
You talk a lot of Non sense Mxyz.... Do you know that? I don't think so. That is why you are so pathetic.
129. Mxyzptlk posted on 17 Mar 2013, 12:02 3 10
Truth isn't nonsense.
131. tedkord posted on 17 Mar 2013, 12:23 5 0
Thats why what you say is.
147. rusticguy posted on 17 Mar 2013, 14:44 3 0
Truth in Apple world is really nonsense :)
122. jacko1977 posted on 17 Mar 2013, 10:42 5 0
hows ios6 for 3G or 3GS working out for people
154. gallitoking posted on 17 Mar 2013, 17:07 2 7
At least.those are more than 2 year old phones unlike the android that forgets to update 1 year old phones so Android followers are the worst when it comes to updates..
155. Berzerk000 posted on 17 Mar 2013, 17:45 1 0
But here's the thing, manufacturer skins kind of take away the need for updates. Those custom UI's add features to stock Android, so even if some Android users get dropped for support, most don't mind much or were looking to get a new phone anyways. I'm sure most Galaxy S3 users on 4.1 wouldn't mind much if the 4.2 update took longer to happen; because they know they still have more features than the Nexus owners with 4.2.
However, I do think the update from 4.0 to 4.1 should be mandatory on all phones with over 512 MB of RAM. It's a basic update that actually increases performance and adds a few useful features that wouldn't take long at all to implement into the software. Most manufacturers have already or plan to update their device with over 512 MB of RAM to 4.1 except for HTC and their 2011 devices, which is kind of sad.
158. InspectorGadget80 posted on 17 Mar 2013, 18:47 2 2
YOU'RE iPHONE IS WAYY OUT DATED and behind technology
172. lauremar posted on 18 Mar 2013, 10:22 1 0
DENIAL doesn't equal TRUTH... You have the former when you're talking about your beloved Fruit Co. @Mxyzptlk...
54. Daftama posted on 16 Mar 2013, 22:29 13 1
Now now behave Apple did the same with 3 3s 4 4s 5 let sammy be
65. AnTuTu posted on 16 Mar 2013, 23:33 20 1
@Mxyzptlk: Let's say there is no innovation so far from Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony, Motorola and Asus in phones and tablet market.
Could you please tell me a single feature or piece of technology which Apple has invented?
A fair advice to you 'Mxyzptlk' please don't comment like a 2 years old kid on each and every post. You need to show a little maturity and some respect to real innovation.
You know what I mean if you know a little bit of technology and also stop being a marketing guy for a company which doesn't show respect to other companies.
149. rusticguy posted on 17 Mar 2013, 14:45 1 0
He knows Apple stole everything and assembled it so he would not answer that :)
74. weinerslav posted on 17 Mar 2013, 00:45 8 0
But I'm quite sure that you will call innovation to a 5 with an S in the front...
79. KazEmpire posted on 17 Mar 2013, 01:06 10 0
so what would you call innovation ? i guess your answer is a new row of apps !
107. tedkord posted on 17 Mar 2013, 08:25 7 0
Its not as innovative as an extra row of icons, but what is?
118. VZWuser76 posted on 17 Mar 2013, 09:20 7 1
The only thing I was disappointed about the S4 was with how little the design changed from the S3. As far as innovation, they had Smart Scroll & Pause, IR Blaster so it can act as a remote, the ability to record with both front & back cameras simultaneously. I don't know, sounds pretty innovative to me.
132. therealestmc posted on 17 Mar 2013, 12:26 2 5
All these are gimmicks. Smartpause, really?
157. teerex42 posted on 17 Mar 2013, 18:35 1 1
Dude smart pause is pretty f'ing cool if you ask me.
146. rusticguy posted on 17 Mar 2013, 14:43 0 0
Cool so lets see what you call iPhone 5"S" :)
168. Timmehor posted on 17 Mar 2013, 20:11 3 0
66 Dislikes? Congratulations! You have been promoted to Level 6 Troll!
159. InspectorGadget80 posted on 17 Mar 2013, 18:48 1 2
he's a ifailure MEeee when it comes too comment comback
72. MobileJunkieJr posted on 17 Mar 2013, 00:37 18 0
Mxy...that's your worst one yet!
Everything that came out after the SIII>iPhone5.
I agree that SIV might not be spectacularly different than SIII but hey, your iPhone doesn't stand a chance...never did.
128. iushnt posted on 17 Mar 2013, 11:50 2 0
The only thing people disliked about s4 is they maintained the design of s3..other things are leap ahead.. IPhone 5 is no chance but I have a feeling that next iPhone will be great though not as great as Sammy.
138. jcarrigan posted on 17 Mar 2013, 12:44 4 0
I can drop my "cheap plastic GS3" and it still wont break. all my friends have an iPhone and they all have broken screens.
22. iphone5fornow (unregistered) posted on 16 Mar 2013, 20:38 2 6
I think they said that wrong , there's apple , then there's over 400 billions and then there's the rest . I wish I had all that cash lol
25. AnTuTu posted on 16 Mar 2013, 20:46 45 3
To be very honest here. Who will buy an iPhone over S3, S4, Note 2, Experia Z, HTC One, LG Optimus, LG Optimus Pro?
Come on Apple, your time has been over.
67. -box- posted on 16 Mar 2013, 23:36 24 2
I think that is iDiots
133. therealestmc posted on 17 Mar 2013, 12:27 0 4
The same people that are buying it now. Are you that dumb?
45. xperiaDROID posted on 16 Mar 2013, 22:02 13 6
You're wrong. Xperia Z and HTC One has all of them.
92. Eonnaydra posted on 17 Mar 2013, 04:27 12 14
Ahhaa,Xperia Z is a joke.
It has alot of problems with the display(contrast and angles) and with Sony's Timescape UI which has alot of lag.
HTC One and S4 are far better.
96. someones4 posted on 17 Mar 2013, 05:23 6 6
Agreed. The only thing that separates an xperia z from the pack is the waterproof feature (which i desperately want). everything else is average: screen display angles, camera and god knows what. and a 5 inch display for the htc one would be nice.
98. emadshiny posted on 17 Mar 2013, 05:37 10 4
have you ever hold it in your hands or just saying bullsh*ts. that an exceptional phone.
99. someones4 posted on 17 Mar 2013, 05:47 4 8
I held it alright. Just not particularly impressed. As i said, love the waterproofing, just not everything else.
100. emadshiny posted on 17 Mar 2013, 05:54 7 6
yeah, i think plastic can impress you better.
108. tedkord posted on 17 Mar 2013, 08:27 10 2
What does plastic have to do with a poor screen?
136. emadshiny posted on 17 Mar 2013, 12:39 2 3
i prefer to look at real like colors instead of saturated ones with blue tint. and Z has no viewing angle issue.
you can buy it and then you'll confess.
140. iushnt posted on 17 Mar 2013, 13:36 1 0
Dude you don't need to argue with these fanboys.. You can get your Xz and you can't go wrong with it.. It's a great device.. Even I am Sammy boy but that's my preference. I will pick s4 but that doesn't mean I hate Xz..
143. emadshiny posted on 17 Mar 2013, 13:44 0 0
the point is that others never use their sense of logic like you
they only comment out of emotion. one thumb up for your logical and beautiful comment.
161. InspectorGadget80 posted on 17 Mar 2013, 18:49 1 1
how the hell u know what kind of problems the Xperia Z have? it haven't even launch yet also SONY makes one of the most beautiful screens next too the AMOLED screen
117. samsunggalaxylover posted on 17 Mar 2013, 09:16 4 0
The galaxy s3 was the best smartphone for 2012 (better than iphone 5) so it's absolutely clear that galaxy s4 is better.
137. jcarrigan posted on 17 Mar 2013, 12:41 2 0
Apple must think everyones is retarded because no sh*t they are the only ones with siri(because its patented, trademarked, and has a troll watching over it), no sh*t they are the only ones with retina(because they have it patented, trademarked, and has a troll watching it) there phones suck and yes they are incredibly user friendly that even a 4 yr old can use it or old people who barely know what decade their in can use it. Just because they made a sexy phone that can break because its premium materials are glass, doesnt mean its a good quality phone.
141. iushnt posted on 17 Mar 2013, 13:39 1 2
even I don't prefer iPhone.. I agree your points.. But iPhone 5 is stronger..
148. jcarrigan posted on 17 Mar 2013, 14:45 2 1
stronger? how so? Ive seen them bent, ive seen them with shattered screens, ive seen people spend hundreds of dollars new charging and music solutions for the new port, ive seen people complain about hitting the max memory on their iPhones with no micro sd card slot, Ive seen them sent away to be fixed because their battery sucks instead of just replacing it with another $40 battery.
153. PhoneArenaUser posted on 17 Mar 2013, 16:46 3 1
“Only iPhone has the Retina display.”
Latest droids have higher pixel density than the iPhone’s Retina, so in a way… the iPhone 5 is the last of the flagships to have that low pixel density. :D
2. someones4 posted on 16 Mar 2013, 19:53 47 2
Can Apple spell 'desperate'? Trying to take consumers back in time by bragging about past glories. If they want attention, perhaps they can put up a website showing what they could actually produce and sell.
24. SleepingOz posted on 16 Mar 2013, 20:44 44 3
What a ridiculous campaign!
"iOS6. The world's most advanced operating system."
OMG, iOS6 is barely just an app launcher with still no bluetooth file transfer and they dare call it the MOST ADVANCED OS! Smh..
"Only iPhone has Siri."
Who needs that gimmick when we have Google Now?!
And the best of all...
"Only iPhone has Retina display."
Bitch please! This crap(I like retina display btw xD, I even prefer it to the TFT on the XZ but there's nothing to brag about!) is not even a 720p display while competitors have been offering HD displays since 2011!