There's a first time for everything: AT&T to offer ASUS slate this week
0. phoneArena 08 Sep 2013, 11:25 posted on
For the first time in the history of both AT&T and ASUS, the second largest carrier in the U.S. will be offering an ASUS produced tablet; the fun and festivities begin next week and the model coming to the mobile operator is the ASUS MeMO Pad FHD LTE 10.1. We're talking about 10.1 inches of glass with a 1080 x 1920 resolution, known in the big city as FHD...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Only $100 off with a 2 year contract, what a joke.
2. 14545 (Posts: 1447; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
You beat me to it. What's the point in offering a "discount" when you will probably have to pay a 375 etf for breaking the "contract". ATT and VZW both are jokes.
10. 14545 (Posts: 1447; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Thanks for correcting me. Either way, it should be no longer than a 12 month contract with that little of a discount.
11. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1097; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Also, PA is incorrect. You can order the Wi-fi version of the tablet through TigerDirect for $330. Unless, I am somehow mistaken and this is not the same tablet we are talking about:
lications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8517929&SRCC ODE=WEBGOOPA&cm_mmc_o=mH4CjC7B BTkwCjCV1-CjCE&gclid=CKXR_fC2vLkCFSlo7Ao dxhUAqg
3. moronman66 (Posts: 162; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
Not quite the first time, the 2012 Nexus 7 was also available with AT&T HSPA+
5. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4270; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
But this is the first time AT&T is officially selling an Asus tablet. Yes, the Nexus 7 was capable of using AT&T's network, but it was never sold by AT&T, you had to buy it from Google.
6. dorianb (Posts: 591; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
The Nexus 7 was NEVER sold through AT&T's website or brick n' mortar stores.
8. Bilpocalypse (Posts: 301; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Not correct. AT&T has offered the Asus VivoTab RT since launch. Perhaps you should update this to say the first Asus "Android" tablet.