There's a first time for everything: AT&T to offer ASUS slate this week
Moving along, the AT&T version of the ASUS MeMO Pad FHD LTE 10.1 has 16GB of native storage and connections to ASUS' new cloud services. Back and front cameras weigh in at 5MP and 1.2MP respectively and the 6760mAh battery should keep the lights on for some time. AT&T is offering its first ASUS slate for $299.99 with a signed two-year pact, which includes 4G LTE data for your new spiffy tablet. Off-contract, you'll be paying $100 more.
1. Shatter (Posts: 2024; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Only $100 off with a 2 year contract, what a joke.
2. 14545 (Posts: 1111; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
You beat me to it. What's the point in offering a "discount" when you will probably have to pay a 375 etf for breaking the "contract". ATT and VZW both are jokes.
10. 14545 (Posts: 1111; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Thanks for correcting me. Either way, it should be no longer than a 12 month contract with that little of a discount.
11. Dr.Phil (Posts: 909; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Also, PA is incorrect. You can order the Wi-fi version of the tablet through TigerDirect for $330. Unless, I am somehow mistaken and this is not the same tablet we are talking about:
lications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8517929&SRCC ODE=WEBGOOPA&cm_mmc_o=mH4CjC7B BTkwCjCV1-CjCE&gclid=CKXR_fC2vLkCFSlo7Ao dxhUAqg
3. moronman66 (Posts: 159; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
Not quite the first time, the 2012 Nexus 7 was also available with AT&T HSPA+
5. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4020; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
But this is the first time AT&T is officially selling an Asus tablet. Yes, the Nexus 7 was capable of using AT&T's network, but it was never sold by AT&T, you had to buy it from Google.
6. dorianb (Posts: 387; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
The Nexus 7 was NEVER sold through AT&T's website or brick n' mortar stores.
8. Bilpocalypse (Posts: 301; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Not correct. AT&T has offered the Asus VivoTab RT since launch. Perhaps you should update this to say the first Asus "Android" tablet.