There's a TM on "There's an app for that"
From coffee mugs to t-shirts the words have appeared, giving Apple's App Store and the Apple iPhone the kind of free publicity from being a pop culture phrase that would normally cost the Cupertino based company hundreds of millions of dollars in ad time. The trademark covers "Retail store services featuring computer software provided via the Internet and other computer and electronic communication networks; retail store services featuring computer software for use on handheld mobile digital electronic devices and other consumer electronics."
So the next time you feel like saying, "There's an app for that," you had better clear it with your attorney first to make sure that you are not infringing on Apple's trademark. After all, when it comes to protecting its patents and trademarks, the company has a legal team for that.
1. jskrenes posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:49 0 0
Your iPhone will now record your conversations and direct bill your account if it hears you say that which cannot be said.
2. LadyAble (unregistered) posted on 12 Oct 2010, 10:59 0 0
3. brikz4real posted on 12 Oct 2010, 11:47 0 0
"There's an app for .........." hmmm, dare I say it? Or will Apple send another bunch of goons to bash in MY door like they did that poor guy who got a hold of that so-called "misplaced" iPhone 4? While you're at it Apple, here's another slogan: "There's crap for that", in reference to your network. Try fixing THAT before you go placing trademarks on everything.
4. Jake15 posted on 12 Oct 2010, 11:53 0 0
Too bad it is not apples network, you can blame ATT for that
5. XxVerbalxX (unregistered) posted on 12 Oct 2010, 12:02 0 0
so now i have to say "there is an application for that" or "there is an app that does that". no biggie im going to trademark the word "the". think of the $$$ i will rake in!
7. brikz4real posted on 12 Oct 2010, 15:47 0 0
Jake, when I say "your network", what I meant (if you read into it) is their CHOICE of networks to put their beloved phone on. Year after year.
6. Syksyd posted on 12 Oct 2010, 13:31 0 0
"theres an app for that"...........what r they gonna do.........hahahaha
8. ohyeah (unregistered) posted on 12 Oct 2010, 16:17 0 0
There's an Mapp for that..........
9. Joshing4fun posted on 12 Oct 2010, 16:22 0 0
"There's a lawsuit for that". Apple spends more money on lawyers than they do their products.
10. sk8citizen posted on 21 Nov 2010, 08:17 0 0