There could be four (yes, four) Samsung Galaxy Note III versions
0. phoneArena 08 Jul 2013, 08:59 posted on
You’ve heard it all - the Samsung Galaxy Note III was first said to feature an unbreakable display, then it was said to have a display larger than six inches, but…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. a_merryman (Posts: 546; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
That is definitely one way to piss your customers off...."We made the product you all were asking for, but we're only offering it in limited quantities. You can still buy the other versions of our product though."
17. tedkord (Posts: 3932; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I doubt they have the manufacturing capacity yet to supply unbreakable screens for millions of devices. They probably want to release ADN unbreakable screen before Apple patents the concept.
46. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Here, let me guess.
Number 1= Note III Active
Number 2= Note III 'Normal' (Yes, normal!)
Number 3= Note III Duos
Number 4= Note III Mini...shouldn't there be more??
49. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3515; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
This is crazy. This is the worst rumor yet.
Model 1 is the ONLY way to go.
The Note III Mini would just be a Galaxy S 4 with a S-Pen.
50. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Well, judging from what came with the S4, i won't be surprised to see this rumor come to life!
53. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3515; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I know what you mean. I would like to know how THAT is working out for Samsung.....
54. bluescreen (Posts: 154; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
the 1st model of the note 3 with the unbreakable screen is gonna be so damn expensive u could probably buy 3 other fully unlocked phones off contract
57. darkkjedii (Posts: 9290; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Note 3 Octa
Note 3 S pro 800
Note 3 mega mini
Note 3 mini mega rugged Octa active.
22. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
The most non sense article from this site!!
60. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
So why not the "Limited Edition" version
Or the "Reference, Prime" version
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
And which one will get the key lime pie update 1st? So much for the module fragmentation...
8. TheLolGuy (Posts: 469; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
The more and more I hear about Key Lime Pie, the more I'm losing interest. All signs point to the fact that it's stripped down to work on the lowest specs possible.
If there are any new features, it'll work through apps and thus must be coded to work for the lowest common denominator, killing optimization for higher end phones... Well, that's IF the rumors are true -- and the reasoning makes sense.
30. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
If it does run better on low spec phones, then it'll be great for high end ones as well. I'd love the extra speed, smoothness, and battery life.
25. Potao.rises (banned) (Posts: 29; Member since: 08 Jul 2013)
Limited edition will get first IMO..
48. VZWuser76 (Posts: 986; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
If anything it will depend more on the carrier than the model. But looking at the differences between the models, the only changes is the screen type and camera resolution, so there shouldn't be a lot of difference in the software.
4. Daftama (Posts: 546; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Samsung will not have unbreakable screen this year
it will be the same as S4 but with a styles
They will improve the styles features from hard tap to soft tap to long press from tapping on one end and the other end of the style that's where there main focus is right now
9. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4830; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
More versions, more angry Samsung customers......
12. _Bone_ (Posts: 2061; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
...rrrright. Wonder why they are replacing their old Samsung phones with new ones then when it's time for a change. Anger management?
10. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5282; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Meh. I suspect you are seeing Sammy's plans for extending sales of the Note III by offering different variants. Apple is trying a similar approach with the iPhone.
11. aditya.k (Posts: 409; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
How about a Note III Mini? 4.8 or 5 inch display!? LOL!
38. Potao.rises (banned) (Posts: 29; Member since: 08 Jul 2013)
5 inches? Get a GS4. GS4 has all of the features of Note 2 except stylus.
41. Jack58221 (Posts: 120; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
I think he is mocking Samsung because between the gs4, gn3 and gTabs they are making well over a dozen different devices and doing exactly what Sammy fans were laughing at HTC for doing last year, only taking it up to the next level.
18. galanoth (Posts: 167; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
This is good. This is choice.
Model 1 seems to be the best but will probably be the most expensive.
Some people might want a Note 3 but will want to spend less money.
This is just like computers.
Same model but different configurations with different prices per specs.
31. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Agreed, I really don't see a problem with this. If I'm willing to spend the extra money, I can get a better phone. Isn't that the way it works with most things in life?
21. byazatt (Posts: 159; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Am waiting the second model, I am well pleased with plastic any day,, reason being, all phones I ever owned were plastic and non messed me so far
24. Potao.rises (banned) (Posts: 29; Member since: 08 Jul 2013)
Repeating the mistakes of HTC?
27. AstronautJones (Posts: 167; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Guess the question is which versions will be carried by the specific providers in which countries. I dont expect ATT to carry all 4. In the past, they have tried to choose the cheaper models.
I would prefer #1 myself, but other specs matter too. Battery and hopefully waterproof?
I would buy unlocked for that!
28. Whateverman (Posts: 3158; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Either make Model 1 or Model 3. Not both and defiantly not all of them! Different versions of the same phone makes it confusing for the consumer. Just try to fine a case on Amazon for the HTC One without typing in M7 and see what you fine.
33. darkkjedii (Posts: 9290; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Hopefully they don't make another bonehead mistake, and release them all at different times. What a dumb move.
36. MrTzr (Posts: 69; Member since: 26 Jun 2013)
A bigger mistake would be if they release them in different countries. E.g. model 1 in korea, model 2 in europe etc.
45. MistB (Posts: 543; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Knowing Samsung, they will most likely shaft the much bigger and far more important international market in favour of their own country, we will probably be stuck with the recycled bin parts with an 8mp Camera so they can sell in bucket loads. Makes me also wonder whether we will see different screen sizes, I know there was an early Note 3 prototype floating around the web a month ago showing a 6.3 inch screen which some thought to be the mega 6.3 but seeing as that model is already out in the open I doubt that Samsung would have put a protective cover over it so late, which means this could either be model one or most likely 2. Could EVLeaks have only leaked the screen size for models 3 and 4 which did show a much smaller screen in the more recent prototype showing a screen size resembling 5.7-5.9 inches?
55. darkkjedii (Posts: 9290; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I think 6.3 is too large. I played with the mega at a third party retailer here in Vegas, and didn't like the feel of it at all. My hands are pretty good size, and I still needed both to properly manage it.
58. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
Can I ask where in Vegas? I'll be going there next week and Im interested in seeing it in person also.
37. alltechinside (Posts: 234; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
I don't think samsung is going to release all 4 models. That would be a huge mistake. I think we'll see Model 2 as the main Galaxy Note III and maybe another phablet with "active" at the end.
44. scsa852k (Posts: 257; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
I'm 99.99% sure most markets including US will get plastic body with regular AMOLED screen.
47. SprintGuy26 (Posts: 66; Member since: 21 Mar 2011)
wow really Samsung, 4 damn models??!?!
"Model 1 will have the following characteristics: Premium materials, 13-megapixel camera, unbreakable AMOLED screen, sold in limited amounts."
why cant you just have this model?
just put all the goods in ONE PHONE why spread it over 4 diff models??!?!?
if i cant get "model one" then i dont even want the note 3, ill just wait 2-3 more months and get something diff
51. flynfree (Posts: 373; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
Model 1 and 3, 1 with flexible screen and 3 with lcd screen. Just add dual stereo speakers and I'm in.
52. flynfree (Posts: 373; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
But, Samsung please. .. before you bring it to the market, kindly push the update for our gnote 2 first! !!
56. pyradark (Posts: 710; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
no matter how many mode they do with note 3, Z ultra will kick its butt
try to overtake first 6.5mm premium water/dust resistant
59. TruPatriot (Posts: 57; Member since: 27 May 2013)
I want the screen that is easy to read outside
61. adrianzka (Posts: 25; Member since: 25 Apr 2013)
I think it will be better if it were like this :
1. Galaxy note 3 : exynos 5420 octa, 3 GB ram, 5.99 inch super amoled RGB screen, LTE, 13mp ois camera, 4500 mah battery
2. Galaxy note 3 LTE-A : snapdragon 800, 3 GB ram, 5.7 inch IGZO/IPS lcd screen, LTE-A, 13 mp ois camera, 4200 mah battery
3. Galaxy note 3 active : snapdragon 800, 3 GB ram, unbreakable amoled screen, LTE, 8mp camera, 4200 mah battery
I myself prefer number 1. What do you guys think ?
62. Newton (Posts: 14; Member since: 05 Jul 2013)
Unbreakable Display is excellent selling point. But selling it in limited quantities is stupid. Its like hosting the biggest party in NYC but saying that its going to end at 10' pm.