Themer got pulled from the Play Store because Apple didn't like the iOS style icons
0. phoneArena 11 Feb 2014, 04:01 posted on
The app was brought down in the beginning of the month, and we are now discovering why. Apparently Apple had a problem with one of the themes in particular, called Seven. It doesn't really turn your Android into an iOS 7 device, but the icon pack was pretty closely mimicking Jony Ive's creations, so apparently Apple requested that Themer is taken down from the Play Store...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 722; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Already got the app a month ago. Haven't used it yet.
Such app returns to Google Play:http://thenextweb.com/apps/201
2. Finalflash (Posts: 863; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
No need to worry for those iPhone skin lovers, that skin will find its way to people through the droid grey market.
3. Klamba92 (Posts: 162; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
Used this app so much and really love this launcher. stopped once I got the nexus 5 for the Google now launcher. Hopefully when this comes back they optimise it to support android 4.4 immersive mode or the transparent ui.
4. FastKatt (Posts: 7; Member since: 22 May 2011)
Should've called them iDumb iCons. Seems poking fun helps fight patent issues? =)
5. vincelongman (Posts: 460; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
What this is such a stupid reason, Apple copied the iOS 7 icons from various icons anyway
6. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 446; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
What about the guys who made Espier Launcher? They copied way more things
8. boosook (Posts: 727; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Who cares... do you want Apple's icons? Buy an iphone.
9. Liveitup (Posts: 222; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
The design of the promo shot of the boxes on the right is WP Modern UI, IOS7 is a mixture of WP and Android looks and features.
technology/technology/2013/06/ apple_ios_7_will_borrowing_ide as_from_microsoft_help_apple_d estroy_the_smartphone.html
10. wolfsaviorzx (Posts: 48; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
This Apple is going to get bit. Time to make apple pie. They blocked bitcoins apps, so don't give them your money.
11. good2great (Posts: 1020; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
so you guys bash the look of iOS7 but turn around and create a theme to resemble it. i'm lost...
12. Neutral (Posts: 23; Member since: 19 Oct 2013)
I like android cause its customizable, I can make my droid look like a f_kin' iPhone or a windows phone or somethin' else, I hope I've ABCed it for you bucket headed ho_s
13. crazymonkey05 (Posts: 72; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
I love how you refer to all android users as a unibody and that one person creates a app everyone did.....your brilliant sir.
16. jroc74 (Posts: 3621; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Exactly. We are missing some payments for all the apps in the PlayStore...
Where's my money?
15. AfterShock (Posts: 888; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Looks are one thing, but reduced functionality stays on iPhone.
17. jroc74 (Posts: 3621; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Someone already called out the craziness of your post...so I wont get into that.
Some, many ppl like the look of Live Tiles, iOS UI but dont want the phone(s). Has been that way for years in Android land. Some of the most popular themes, launchers have been ones that look or can be made to look like Live Tiles, iOS.
No different than ppl bashing OS X...and use themes on their Windows OS to look like OS X.
But....the bigger picture here is Apple or anybody hasnt really done this before. This is about to set a precedence for themes on desktop and mobile OS's.