Theater chain to offer texting aisle for movie goers
0. phoneArena 21 Oct 2013, 04:06 posted on
If you've been to the movies anytime during the last few years, you've seen the hilarious promos asking those with mobile phones to show some will power and refrain from texting during the movie; not only can the sound of a QWERTY keyboard constantly being depressed be a little distracting to those who paid good money to see a movie, but the light from the screen can also distract a fellow movie goer...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10434; Member since: 14 May 2012)
This is stupid. What's the point of paying over $10 for a movie if you're just going to text the whole time?
2. darkkjedii (Posts: 19710; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I was texting during Captain Phillips, and eating the cheese popcorn my wife snuck in her purse.
3. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
man you have to bring your own food bro i'm not paying $15 for nachos and a coke. my girl always stops somewhere and packs us snacks in her purse.
4. darkkjedii (Posts: 19710; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Gotta do it. Tickets alone were $23, popcorn and 2 drinks woulda been $17 extra...no way lol. +1
5. quakan (Posts: 1355; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
For the people who treat the back row as a motel, now you'll have to share the space.
7. simplyj (Posts: 404; Member since: 23 Dec 2009)
hopefully they'll charge you more too if you want to text
8. laheelahee (Posts: 213; Member since: 09 Apr 2012)
with or without this, they're going to be obnoxious anyways.. good for the rest of us :)
9. profperez1 (Posts: 69; Member since: 08 May 2012)
I brought in a bag of cheap Banquet fried chicken when I was in college. I could have sold that for $2 a piece!
10. rightcue805 (Posts: 55; Member since: 08 Jul 2013)
everytime i see these dumb farks i just wanna get up and punk them in the thoat.
11. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1989; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
that txting isle is gonna be annoying,beeping like crazy..if you want to watch a movie txt should wait for ITS time.
12. McLTE (Posts: 804; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
As long as your phone is on silent.. I dont' care how much you text during movies.. it's silent.
What pisses me off are those people who get bags of popcorn and insist on rummaging through the damn things ALL MOVIE LONG.. then when the popcorn is gone, they bust out the package of gummie bears. Of course, taking 5 noisy minutes to rip open the packaging, then instead of dumping several out quietly, McNoisy has to dig their hand in the bag for every bite.
No, texting during movies is hardly the most annoying.