The world's biggest smartphone market could soon become really tough for Apple, Samsung, HTC and others
0. phoneArena 20 Aug 2014, 04:51 posted on
A new policy, shoved down the throats of the three major carriers in the world's largest smartphone market, China, may adversely affect popular brands like Apple, Samsung, HTC, and create room for a shift in market share...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
14. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3718; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Yeah, that is really a nice picture, I kept looking at it for 5-10 secs. :)
Anyways this will help Chinese OEMs like Xiaomi, etc. to again lower the prices and I find other OEMs to forcibly lower the prices to stay and sustain in the competition.
2. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2071; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Do I see Xiaomi one day becoming the largest smartphone vendor on the planet? Yes, absolutely yes!
5. vuyonc (Posts: 993; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
I do wish Xiaomi the best but it's BS that other good OEMs are missing out on the biggest smartphone market.
26. neela_akaash (Posts: 1118; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
The only options left for those big players is either to reduce their prices or sue them for some patent law violation(this is what apple is best known for)....
37. rallyguy (Posts: 620; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
China has been like this for decades. Look at how much kissing ass General Motors had to do to get into China. The government controls everything so you must grease the government's wheels if you want their permission to do business in china.
7. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1386; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Ohhhh yesss.. I hope its available internationally . Also no online exclusivity and local retailers will be welcomed.
10. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
When Xiaomi releases it's phones worldwide, the others will be forced to lower their prices. I'm afraid not many would survive through that. I have a feeling that Apple can see that and so keep high prices now so the cut wouldn't hurt that much.
24. neela_akaash (Posts: 1118; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
For the first time in my life i am eagerly waiting for Chinese brands to come to my local market i.e. Xiaomi and OnePlus.
27. neela_akaash (Posts: 1118; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
And if they focus on expanding their mi tv range, it will be the instant success for xiaomi and biggest threat to sony, samsung, lg etc.
49" 4K UHD Smart TV for just $640 with that gorgeous design. That's insane....
38. Venkatramanan (Posts: 309; Member since: 15 Aug 2014)
I like Asus to come up. They are doing some great innovation.
28. androtaku (Posts: 242; Member since: 12 Dec 2013)
with the help given by socialis china government, i don't see that as a proud victory
3. techmac (Posts: 3; Member since: 20 Aug 2014)
i hope xiaomi & one +one will gain to lead the race very quickly to be the top two brands in other countries as well
4. mayur007 (Posts: 564; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
it will be for every company as they are not providing value to their
accept apple in america (every one knows y)
as other countries they go for value for money and right chinese companies like oppo, xiaomi
they are providing real value at the price they are offering,
if go for samsung there price drops too much a 49k phone in 2 -3 months goes to 43k some time 40k they who will buy
sony, htc and nokia they ask way too much for they offer(over price products)
and honestly no company is providing real value accept chinese companies
8. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1386; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Exactly. Like xiaomi mi3. I hope 64gb version will be available in india soon.
9. HugoBarraCyanogenmod (Posts: 1047; Member since: 06 Jul 2014)
I'm a huge fan of XiaoMi but I never bash Lenovo and Huawei, instead I always recommend them to my customers and boost their sales in order to give XiaoMi a threat to innovate.
While HTC, is our cousins and I always recommend one m8 to those who willing to pay extra, rather than American iCrap.
Samsung fans suppose to help LG no? Why I keep seeing them fighting each other even they're same ethnic?
11. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Why are you mixing politics so hard into this? U mad bro?
32. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
yeah.. whats the point of expressing views which shows politicle mentallity?
20. joey_sfb (Posts: 5431; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Xiaomi provide the right spec at the right price. End of story.
13. iluvsonynokia (Posts: 144; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
MANY ARE SATISFIED WITH XIAOMI ,GIONEE etc,THEY ARE ALSO WILLING TO BUY LATEST MODELS FROM THESE COMPANIES ,ACTUALLY THEY HATE LOW AND MIDRANGE PHONES FROM NON CHINEESE OEM, AM SURE CHINEESE COMPANIES WILL RULE (am also interested in testing an chineese phone)
15. SnowWhite (Posts: 3; Member since: 20 Aug 2014)
XiaoMi, Lennovo, ZTE = garbage. Never buy anything from a Mainland company of any kind if you can. Buy foreign, buy local. Avoid all things from the PRC.
16. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Sorry bro, I'll definitely get a Chinese phone someday.
33. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
lolz... today's environment is kinda politicle... apple crap bcoz is USA... xiaomi, lenovo, ZTE = garbage bcoz these are chinese... well f*** this bs... just say apple is cr@p bcoz it is cr@ap if we analyze the hardware, not bcoz of its origin... same goes to other oems
17. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
If there are manufacturers that offer phones with high end specs on low price, it's only the Chinese manufacturers.
And that's why I like these Chinese manufacturers, they don't need us to pay so much for the advertisement fees, while the big bros like Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony, Apple etc. raise up the price like "U MAD BRO?".
So, I wish the best to these Chinese manufacturers especially Xiaomi and Huawei, they are the two of my most favorite Chinese manufacturers.
18. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 2157; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
It is easy to keep your prices low when your manufacturing costs are low and you don't have to pay patent fees for IP you are using. If this happens in. China, expect the WTO to get involved.
21. joey_sfb (Posts: 5431; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
China is fearless. WTO my foot! The biggest hypocrite are the west.
Solve your own racist issue before finger pointing on others.
Only certain board of fools will believe that an American CEO would solve their N company problem.
The joke is on them.
19. LikeMyself (Posts: 436; Member since: 23 Sep 2013)
Ah the beauty of dictatorship! At least they 'protect' the local manufacturers unlike democracy which is full of hypocrisy and selfishness!
22. B-power (Posts: 242; Member since: 22 Feb 2014)
I woulod love if Xiaomi came to Europe. Here in the Netherland you won't see much more as Samsung,Apple,Htc, Huawei and Nokia. Most people don't look farther than the brand.
23. sip1995 (Posts: 1565; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
If Nokia, Apple, Samsung, HTC and Sony use their patents to earn money from Chinese OEMs , then they can be in a better position......
25. Iodine (Posts: 1308; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
So they want to restrict the sales of all non Chinese phones including the iPhone (made in China.....) a phone for which Chinese are selling internal organs to buy.... Good luck.
29. wilsong17 (unregistered)
Yea buy the Chinese phone have to be replaced every 6 months
30. neela_akaash (Posts: 1118; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
How many Chinese phones have you baught and replaced...?
34. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
I purchased chinese phone last year by ditching my iphone 4s.. I replaced it last month after using 10 months without having any fault and I replaced it with another Chinese Huawei... Chinese are easy on pocket so easy to replace not bcoz they have something wrong
31. Loubielou (Posts: 506; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Apple are going to be under more Pressure than the Others with the Pricing of there New iPhone 6 4.7 an 5.5 inch Phones,an if the Camera on there new phones does not Offer no Competition to High End Android phones,plus the Battery inside the iPhone 6,it might make Android more Popular with Consumers not be Able to buy there new phones
35. flipjzn (Posts: 252; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
That sucks. China lowers its production costs to attarct and take all the jobs which causes closure of lots of manufacturing companies abroad.
Now they want everything for themeselves.
36. gigaraga (Posts: 1454; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Because they release flagships at low prices? No. Definitely no. Nice picture by the way.