The world has 6-billion cell phone subscriptions
Given that there are about 7-billion people in the world that is quite a statistic. The report does not immediately state how many of those subscribers are actually owners of multiple accounts, which is common in developed countries.
China accounts for 1-billion of the global subscriptions, and it is expected that India will surpass that mark this year. The ITU also reports that 2.3-billion people were internet users at the end of 2011. Of those, 70% live in wealthier industrialized nations.
source: Yahoo! News
1. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
this is the sum of feature phones and smartphones right?
4. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
@phil2n May I ask what the hell do you mean by that?
6. Danre (Posts: 85; Member since: 02 Sep 2012)
World Population - 7 billion
World has 6 billion cell-phone subscribers.
So, what about 1 billion ?
May be majority of 1 billion peoples are children under age 5.
7. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
lol even my 5 year old cousin has a phone! :)
maybe only 1B of the world's population are poor people who cant afford a phone!
and he knows how to call and text, take picture and play games and music!
kids this days... dont underestimate them! :)
13. Danre (Posts: 85; Member since: 02 Sep 2012)
Even beggar have phone today.
So, which poor class you are talking about .
May be they are those people who lives in forest,ruins something like that. LOL
9. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
and maybe half of that 6B are asha or champs and maybe even 3310!! here in the philippines i could still see people using 3310!!!
aside from samsung galaxy y and blackberry curve...
10. predator93 (Posts: 122; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
I think most of these numbers are unused.
12. amiaq (Posts: 503; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
Agree, I alone have 3 subscriptions, one for day to day use, one for 3G wifi hot spot, another one for visiting friends and relatives to use.
11. theo14461 (Posts: 217; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
What a racket! Wireless service is BIG business.