The waterproof Sony Xperia acro S "not currently planned to come to the US"
0. phoneArena 01 Jun 2012, 09:32 posted on
The recently announced for release in Q3 handset is "not currently planned to come to the US", Sony answered us in a live chat session about the Xperia acro S and the Xperia go on its official blog. So you'll have to make do with the Xperia go, which will be called Xperia advance in the US, but then, of course, you will be snapping with a 5MP shooter instead of the 12MP Exmor R sensor on the Xperia acro S...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. dax0330 (Posts: 23; Member since: 01 Jun 2012)
Better wait for the hayabusa, if any US variant will be released..
2. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
Like always, US always behind on mobile tech :(
3. ymp72 (Posts: 11; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Looking forward to the XPERIA NEXUS in Q4, surprise me please !!
4. Fallout (Posts: 20; Member since: 22 Apr 2010)
You can always import it, it has US 3G bands
5. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
NOOOO why SONY why
7. x01hst (Posts: 13; Member since: 21 May 2012)
Sony, you don't like US consumer? Always nice stuff is without USA.
9. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
I don't think its a Sony not likeing u.s customers thing, I don't think Sony gets a lot of love from carriers, which is sad. I personally love how the experia line looks, and would love to have one.
10. mkhan1188 (Posts: 2; Member since: 03 Jun 2012)
Sony I'm us customer. Currently I am using iPhone 4s, I'm not going to buy iPhone 5. I will be waiting for Xperia Acro s. please bring it to the USA. Sony u know what I bought lot of Sony shares also. I know Sony great company. But us is biggest market don't ignore us.
11. hitechredneck (Posts: 88; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
According the experia blog.net this phone will be globally released in Q3. I'm thinking this is the mint from sony's leaked road map. Which I think this phone is kind of cool same specs as the experia S but with dustproofing and waterproofing at 1m for 30 minutes.
12. astroboy2 (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Aug 2012)
1. Will the waterproof version be released in Australia?
2. If not, why not. Australia is a large water bound country, with many people waiting for a waterproof phone. Make it happen soon...