The rise of the tablet brings on first doomsday signs for e-readers
0. phoneArena 21 Dec 2012, 06:38 posted on
We have already seen analysts round up 2012 for smartphones, but truth is it was a booming year for tablets as well, where the growth has been explosive…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. someones4 (Posts: 621; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Call me old fashioned but i still prefer books.
3. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1399; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
same here ..i just download magazines and books that are not available
4. apexKBC (Posts: 92; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
tablets can never replace books or vice versa.............
5. imkyle (Posts: 1030; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
I got my mom the Nook Tablet 16GB version back in 2011, and she loves it. I have the Asus Infinity, and honestly reading a book on a 16:9 ratio is hard and cumbersome. E-readers will still be here for some time.
6. roscuthiii (Posts: 1885; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
E-readers are more of a niche product anyhow. They do one thing, albeit very well. Tablets are more versatile. Still love my original e-ink Nook for reading though.
7. laheelahee (Posts: 213; Member since: 09 Apr 2012)
hmmm... my christmas present to myself was going to be a kindle paperwhite...