The pan-European Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 sales ban retooled to apply only for Germany
5. Yeeee (Posts: 190; Member since: 02 Aug 2011)
Apple better pay all the money they made the last few weeks from the ipad to compensate
2. Sniggly (Posts: 7291; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
So here are my questions to anyone who has previously supported Apple in this case:
1. Have the revelations that Apple was awarded the initial injunction based on vague sketches and tampered drawings changed your opinion on:
a. whether Apple has a case?
b. Apple's motivations for filing for the injunction, given that they apparently want it so badly they're willing to commit perjury?
2. For those of you who claimed the initial injunction as solid proof that Apple was definitely being infringed upon by Samsung, has your opinion changed on this now that the injunction has been lifted even before any final findings were made?
8. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
A. Apple totally has a case. Anyone that's not a blind fanboy can see how similar samsung products are to Apple
B. IF Apple intentionally doctored evidence it's a dumb move and I expect they'll be punished by the court.
The proof is in the pudding. Look at the two devices side by side and they look the same. Is Samsung infringing? Clearly yes. Will Apple win? We will see.
If Apple loses I'll move on with my day. If Samsung loses fandroids will scream bloody murder on here for weeks.
9. PeterIfromsweden (Posts: 1230; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
If you look at the two tablets side by side, using the faked picture then yes they look very similar.
If you use the real galaxy tab however, they do not look that similar at all.
11. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
Let see the Galaxy tab has 10.1 inch screen with a 1.43 ratio and the iPad 2 have a 9.1 inch screen with a 1.3 ratio. The galaxy tab has no home bottom unlike the iPad 2. The camera for the iPad 2 is in the landscape mode unlike the galaxy. Man they are soo similar that I can't tell them a part. When I turn it over to the back side, one say Samsung and the other have the Apple logo. Now I really can't tell them a part.
12. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
what idiot... other than taco... can look at a live galaxy 10.1 WIDESCREEN TABLET WITH TOUCHWIZ and confuse it with the ipad2.
OOH.. they both have screens... and uhh.. a bezel.... yep they are the same.
we should ban all tvs and monitors then too for the same reason. apple invented all of it!!
14. taco5O (banned) (Posts: 5; Member since: 14 Aug 2011)
next time they need to do drawings in the sand. Or maybe they should make models out of playdough. Thats all the evidence apple needs!!!
4. Heatfan316 (unregistered)
Germany will eventually lift the ban and apple will lose this lawsuit. Apple is going to go on huge losing streak, their probably going lose HTC and whoever else their suing. They already lost to Nokia, this is so funny. Their legal team just sucks period!
6. Tmachaveli (Posts: 425; Member since: 01 Apr 2011)
yess thank u..now what!1 apple things not looking so good so what your next move steve?
7. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
All companies in the world must stop selling components to Apple. Apple will file lawsuits against you in the future when your company decided to make smartphone using Apple similar square and thin. You must make smartphone round and thick 1 throw will hit Steve Jobs on the head very bad.
13. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
imma make a phone shaped like a star.. that way i can also use it to stab iBots randomly.