The new midrange: best Android phones with HD 720p displays
0. phoneArena 19 Jul 2013, 05:05 posted on
The fight in the mobile phone universe is now shifting midstream, after five years of flagship brawl running unabated. All players are suffering from a flagship fatigue and market saturation at the high-end, so they are reshifting positions for the exploding Android midrange opportunity...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. SakuroAkino (banned) (Posts: 141; Member since: 12 Jul 2013)
Xperia zr having flagship specifications
And taken under mid range segment???
6. looniaz (Posts: 5; Member since: 19 Jul 2013)
The title says: "best Android phones with HD 720p displays"
Xperia Z is their flagship
Did you read the whole article before commenting?
10. amansingal14 (Posts: 277; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
ZR doesn't have a 1080p screen. It is priced almost equal to S3 here in India.
14. SakuroAkino (banned) (Posts: 141; Member since: 12 Jul 2013)
Just display resolution and display size is different
Rest same as z
as it has got removable battery,if i am not wrong
29. veer.d (Posts: 83; Member since: 12 Jul 2013)
I think it is priced just above s3 but have double ram,water resistant,13mp camera and latest android in built as well as higher clocked cpu and also playstation certified
11. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4828; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
He said :
"Xperia Zr having flagship specifications
And taken under mid range segment???
He means that Xperia ZR have flagship specifications, why it's taken under the mid range segment?
Did you read his comment before replying?
12. SakuroAkino (banned) (Posts: 141; Member since: 12 Jul 2013)
And even it has got ip58 which is more superior than ip57
So zr is more than a mid ranger
I believe so
24. Commentator (Posts: 2183; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Qualcomm S4 Pro + 720p + Android 4.1 (so far). Sorry, but those add up to be a mid-range phone by most of today's standards, and if they don't they certainly will pretty soon when the S800s and Tegra 4s start coming out.
Don't worry, mid-range phones are looking MUCH more appealing than mid-range phones of yesteryear. I'm still perfectly content with my Evo 4G LTE despite it fitting firmly into the mid-range category now.
36. gagdude (Posts: 31; Member since: 18 Mar 2013)
qualcomm snapdragon s4 pro
want to know high end?
qualcomm snapdragon 600 or even 800
17. tadaa (Posts: 180; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
his reply is fine. z is their flagship. if it were me i'd take the zr as a mid-to-high ranger, still lower than z. xperia sp should have represented sony in this list though
2. hmd74 (Posts: 219; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
OK! You call Nexus 4 a midranger?! Just for a 720p Display?!
it has better specifications than Xperia Z
4. lee480 (Posts: 162; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
Lol Xperia Zhave more superior specs. Try to research b4 posting crap.
5. looniaz (Posts: 5; Member since: 19 Jul 2013)
"Good midrangers these days start you off with a 720p display, which means we'll have both H1 2013 entrants, and last year's flagships in the slideshow below"
Nexus 4 is a last year's flagship...deal with it pal
20. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Actually it's still their current flagship until a newer model comes out. Regardless of it being released last year, it's Google's newest and still packs a tremendous punch.
26. Commentator (Posts: 2183; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Being a current flagship has no bearing on whether it's high-end or mid-range. It still packs a punch, but so do pretty much all flagships from 2012.
38. _PHug_ (Posts: 380; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
So using your logic the Palm Pre is still a flagship.
3. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Rocking a GS3 I9300 running LiquidSmooth 2.8 based on 4.2.2.
Feels significantly faster than any GS4 I've seen.
9. amansingal14 (Posts: 277; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
I think Xperia SP is also better than HTC One Mini and has better value for money.
13. SakuroAkino (banned) (Posts: 141; Member since: 12 Jul 2013)
Xperia sp is lot more better than one mini
With adreno 320 and krait 1.7
Which score near to xperia z in quadrant and 16500 in antutu
30. veer.d (Posts: 83; Member since: 12 Jul 2013)
all mini's is a flop s3,s4 and one.
they just overpriced.
15. tiara6918 (Posts: 1242; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Nexus 4 is the best midrange followed by one x+
16. Klamba92 (Posts: 178; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
I disagree that the nexus 4 is a mid-range phone just because it does not have 1080p HD! it still has 2gb of ram still a very fast quad core processor plus will get the latest and greatest of android first!
19. _Bone_ (Posts: 2061; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Ascend P6 definitely takes his, premium build, very slim build, good battery life, easy UI and superb screen.
21. Adithya7184 (Posts: 267; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
lol...GS3 is a mid-ranger....lol....rofl;-)
22. jellmoo (Posts: 452; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
Um... If not a mid-range device, then what is it?
35. Stuntman (Posts: 669; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
Last year's flagship is this year's mid-range. I'm still very happy with my GS3 after a year. It does everything that I need.
28. roscuthiii (Posts: 1717; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Just throwing out a perspective to take into consideration: If mid-range phones now are on par with previous high-end phones (and that was the market that was booming), and it's the mid-range segment that's booming now, then perhaps it's possible that this is just the level of mobile device the majority of consumers are interested in...
32. exidor01 (Posts: 8; Member since: 17 Dec 2011)
All this is saying is last year's high end phones are this year's mid range phones
33. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5483; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
um, excuse me but the Droid Razr MAXX HD would actually be one of the better mid-rangers now.
34. jellmoo (Posts: 452; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
The only problem really is that it is still priced as a high end device (double the price of the Nexus 4, for example) and is totally exclusive to a single US carrier.
37. SonyPS4 (Posts: 222; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Xperia ZR. Sony always make best mid range smartphone
39. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
I think Xperia ZR is the best android phone with 720p Display just because ZR have Quad core S4 Pro Cpu and 320 Gpu, big and removeable battery, sd card, IP58, and according to mobiltelefon.ru ZR have good 13MP Exmor RS Camera and the display also have good viewing angle.
41. DerryAhmad (Posts: 179; Member since: 05 May 2012)
Does the artile suggesting that The New Mid Range = Last Year's FLagship (specs)?
I tought we're seing comparison between today's midrange, eg. Sony Xperia Sp, Samsung S4 Mini and HTC One mini, instead of last years flagship such as Galaxy S3 and Nexus 4.
42. Sven (Posts: 10; Member since: 19 Feb 2009)
LG OPTIMUS G ????? it's not a flagship any more regarding its specs.... even if it shares the same CPU with Xperia Z and a better screen.... Just my Opinion ;)
43. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2099; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Nexus 4, S III, ZR, F7 are still good as their screens are bigger as compared to One mini, but some phones are still missing as Xperia SP, etc. are missing though.
45. Remmy (Posts: 52; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
Agree, the Xperia SP is if not, one of the best mid range phones you can get even with a tight budgdet :)