The new Samsung Galaxy S3 Slim isn't that new, and isn't an S3 - it's a rebranded Galaxy Win Pro
The Galaxy S3 Slim (pictured on the left) looks just like the Galaxy Win Pro, has the same dimensions and weight (133 x 66 x 9.7 mm, 139 grams), the same model number (SM-G3812), and exactly the same features: Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, a 4.5-inch TFT display with 540 x 960 pixels, quad-core 1.2 GHz processor, 5MP rear camera with Flash, VGA front-facing camera, 8GB of internal memory, etc.
The price of the Samsung Galaxy S3 Slim isn’t known at the moment, but it shouldn’t be too high anyway.
sources: Samsung Brazil, Samsung China
1. Lauticol (Posts: 182; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
I think for the price of one of these you could buy a regular S3 that has way better specs!
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7587; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Not in Brazil. Phone cost a lot more than they do everywhere else.
13. sergiobr (Posts: 399; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Here from Brazil. S3 NOW, at about $450,00. I´m owner of a Note 3 monster (and yes I have a old Nokia 808 just for run and stills). But the majority here prefer (who can) to spend a little bit more and buy a GOOD phone, not a low end like this one. That should be a fail.
Here´s the prices (off contract) :
iPhone - $ 1,300
Note 3 / Z1 / HTC / 1020 / 808 - $ 850
Nokia 820 etc - $ 270,00
And ... NO ! WE DON´T WANT the worldcup here (sorry)
20. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
I heard it oncd that the Nexus 5 costs upwards of $1000 there is that true?
21. sergiobr (Posts: 399; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
No ! just $ 500. *iPhone 5s 32GB, my Note 3 was $ 1100 3 months after launch(Nov). And I forgot I´ve a old S3, one of my best phones.
22. M4th3u54ndr4d3 (Posts: 4; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
iPhone = 815U$
iPhone in Brazil = 1650U$
("Revista Veja" - 07/03/2012)
6. xche78x (Posts: 100; Member since: 11 Mar 2014)
true. regular s3 price on most countries (except those with absurd inflation like brazil) is about the same as galaxy win pro / grand 1. But only if you can still find an S3. Most of my friends S3 (or most of their samsung phones) already broke down...
12. ThePython (Posts: 214; Member since: 08 May 2013)
Brazil doesn't have absurd inflation, it has high taxes for tech products.
14. M4th3u54ndr4d3 (Posts: 4; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
We have absurd inflation AND high taxes for smartphones, cars, houses, clothes, foods, etc
23. Lauticol (Posts: 182; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
If you think you have absurd inflation you should visit Argentina! When you buy a car, you could sell it years later at the exact same price you buy it or even more expensive! Our inflation is bigger than the devaluation of a car!
4. darkskoliro (Posts: 950; Member since: 07 May 2012)
*facepalm* who would ever buy this device.
17. afegit (Posts: 37; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
Lol, no one is asking you to buy it. This phone only for Winners and Professionals, so obviously not you
5. Lt.Green (Posts: 341; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
With that design, it could be any other galaxy device.
7. Planterz (Posts: 650; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Something in a 2nd world country is called something else in another 2nd world country on the other side of the world? Stop the presses, this has never happened before!!!!
8. vuyonc (Posts: 152; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
Looking at the stars is no different from looking at a tech shop. So many galaxies. Millions and millions of galaxies.
9. kevinhope5 (Posts: 28; Member since: 06 Feb 2014)
A Galaxy S3 is currently $500 in Zimbabwe.... If Samsung gets it here for $250 with those specs they will sell a couple mil
11. PK1983 (Posts: 165; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
How is it slim? It is fatter than the original. Sorry Samsung, like Apple, you need to go away now.
16. antonioli (Posts: 170; Member since: 08 Sep 2013)
Total shame and all of you can believe: PEOPLE BUY
18. kingEngine (Posts: 17; Member since: 05 Mar 2014)
The Galaxy S3 Slimmeddownonfeatures. I don't like it when low-end phones are rebranded with high-end names, but whatever sells.
19. fzacek (Posts: 1329; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Almost identical specs to the Moto G, except for the lower screen resolution.