The new HTC One (M8) is here: do you like it?
0. phoneArena 25 Mar 2014, 11:10 posted on
The new HTC One (M8) has finally arrived, putting an end to the countless rumors, and showing its real, official face. Coincidentally, though, that true face is not very different from what rumors painted it to be...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9681; Member since: 14 May 2012)
M8 is the king of disappointment for me. The biggest complaint was the camera, and they kept it. Looks like they won't be getting my money.
21. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
ybiggest complaint about samsung was the plastic and s5 still plastic.. same thing on samsung side. and this not big disappointment for me cuz I have been expecting that ultra pixel camera. and yeah I would prefer s5 over one bcuz I really care about photo quality. everything is ok with one but camera.
29. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9681; Member since: 14 May 2012)
OtterBox and removable battery thank you very much.
44. LikeMyself (Posts: 365; Member since: 23 Sep 2013)
Note 3 user is jelly? Battery life almost on par with Note 3!!!
Gonna love this new One!
58. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9681; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Why would I be jealous of a device with a 4MP camera? Lmfao please you're going to have to try harder than that. HTC One was a huge let down.
87. doejon (Posts: 386; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
lol its obviously..
shame on htc
smaler screen and not better than the note 3!
and note 3 is a device from last year
wait and look for note 4
it will destroy the htc on lol
and even the s5 will be better u will see
25. igorb81 (Posts: 31; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
this thing is so DOA for most of us... so sad
73. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
I see your idea has totally changed.
Do you call me troll anymore?
77. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9681; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Actually, yes. I was interested until I found out about the camera. You troll just to troll. There's a difference.
86. doejon (Posts: 386; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
yes and the design is exactly the same only idiots will buy it its not worth the money..
nothing special here..
110. bwphotoguy (Posts: 18; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Two huge flaws I see with it.............
1. No removable battery
2. crappy camera.
If the next model has both a top notch camera and a removable battery, then it would be my first choice! Heck, my first phone I bought was the HTC Dream(G1) and I loved it! Come on HTC, get with the program. Use common sense! Otherwise very sexy phone!
111. karkavelas (Posts: 63; Member since: 25 Oct 2013)
Papasmurf you know that is an opinion right?
Btw even if the camera was 16 mp you wouldn't buy htc because you are samsung lover.
All those positive comments you was making about htc one m8 it was only to show us that you are not a fan boy of samsung.
You don't have to start arguing, just accept it.. Its ok.
We all prefer something more than anything else.
12. igorb81 (Posts: 31; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Epic FAIL! Shame on you HTC. No one wants 4mp in 2014 along with huge bezels and monster size. Yuck. RIP.
Looks like it's going to be S5 or G3 for me. I can't wait to see what LG does. I have some faith left in them.
24. KParks23 (Posts: 501; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
I too have high hopes for LG and everyone left the door wide open for them, so far the z2 is the only phone I would get..
16. suneeboy (Posts: 199; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
Why are you disappointed? Other than the camera, this phone has everything. This and the GS5 are pushing the envelope when you really think about it. It's just that we set extremely high expectations because we read the tech blogs all day every day.
28. igorb81 (Posts: 31; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
see all of the above complaints but for me these are the biggest ones:
-4mp camera (needs to be at least 12mp to be considered)
-huge footprint for 5"
All of these are very huge disappointments in my books. No $ from me for this piece of inferior tech.
95. cncrim (Posts: 626; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
That is the exactly complain i have with m8, i still like M7 better. Htc should leave the everything like M7, add the bigger battery, sdcard slot plus gesture wakeup optimize the OS Woila. Htc can try to push the bezel if she like......
34. KParks23 (Posts: 501; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
Yeah There pushing the bankruptcy envelope.. The same garbage camera ppl have been complaining about for over a year now. Small battery in like the 10th consecutive flagship phone.. HTC just refuse to listen and 2gb of DDR2 ram! And the bezel got even bigger and by alot.. They do nail it in screen quality and build quality if they would just listen to the consumer they would be back on top.. Put a 13mp + camera 3000mha battery if u have to make the phone thicker to accommodate it take the black park at the bottom make that all screen and put the on screen buttons down there move the HTC logo to the top right on the metal or do away with it 3gb of ram and bam u got a #1 seller
26. amiroo (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
M8 for enjoyable life..
Z2 for good life..
S5 for toy story life..
30. igorb81 (Posts: 31; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
You can enjoy your life with 4mp. No thanks! I need my 13mp
I will gladly take the S5 over this junk. Z2 is not all that impressive either. G3 there may be some hope left...
47. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
I don't want 13 MP camera to be honest. I just want the best quality video capture possible. Photo capture quality is secondary IMO.
69. SlowPoison77 (Posts: 27; Member since: 30 Nov 2013)
dont forget its dual cam, sure pic will be far better
91. fzacek (Posts: 2402; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
All the second camera does is give an option to refocus after taking the picture. It does not add any quality to the camera. Sucks...
88. doejon (Posts: 386; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
so far the s5 is the best phone this year! but the note 4 will be the best
35. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9681; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Nice troll comment. Tell me more about the availability of the Z2 and the camera on the M8.
54. almostdone (Posts: 140; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
HTC Has Toy Camera for your enjoyable life.
61. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
agree both the S5 and HTCM8 was a dissapointment, this means SONYZ2 is the other option....?
75. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
Camera MegaPixel wars are finished !! i dont really care abt camera , i wanted a SD Card & they gave it ...this new One is definitely going into my shopping list !!
85. doejon (Posts: 386; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
exactly the same design..
no IP 67
no removable battery
= S5 winner :-)
90. PK1983 (Posts: 215; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
S5 wins nothing. The specs for the S5 might be better but I'd choose a HTC One M8 over it any day. That being said I am disappointed by the HTC as well.
2. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
actually I like it good looking phone and its fast. but camera ruins everything
3. chunky1x (Posts: 266; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
Yes for design and audio output but no for camera.
4. Lt.Green (Posts: 397; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Great phone but not the best. Z2 wins the crown for me.
27. ihavenoname (Posts: 1576; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Z2 for now. And Oppo Find 7. Waiting for iPhone 6 and G3, and gotta say that Lumia 930 is quite interesting also.
6. loccoc402 (Posts: 26; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
not impressive, HTC, you need to work harder for a better product
8. JMartin22 (Posts: 1527; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
I thought this was the phone HTC said would make buyers regret getting the Galaxy S5. So far, I'm not seeing any validity in HTC's claim. Seems average at best.
83. Gatorsrule52 (Posts: 34; Member since: 18 Mar 2013)
The S5 seems boring at best. The takes it for me. It actually has personality and that is what would make me stick with it for two years not random features thrown in for no reason
20. igorb81 (Posts: 31; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
That's what I like to know. I think this poll will get rigged somehow by diehard HTC fanboys. I used to be one back in the EVO days. Those days are long gone and now I have no allegiance to any particular brand.
13. janis (Posts: 49; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Too big for 5" phone, 146.4mm/ LG g2 5.2". 138mm.
Old ddr 2 ram?
Not very impressed.
15. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yes, but I have a bit of mixed feelings, and I like the Xperia Z2 and the Find 7 more. HTC did a good job with this phone, but they can do better.
39. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9681; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Can someone explain to me the hype if the Find 7?
46. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Quad HD (2K) display and surprises from Oppo like fast charging technology and "50MP" super zoom technology on the camera.
60. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9681; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The QHD screen is worse than the 1080p 7a. The 50Mp camera is still inferior to the 41MP on the Lumia 1020, 20MP on the 1520 and 20.7MP on the Z2. There's absolutely no reason why I would get the Find 7 over these three devices.
92. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
So the 1080p is worser than the 720p. ?
So the Note2 is better than the Note3. ?
So your Note3 should've had a 8mp camera which is better than the 12mp. ?
Wth lmfao, delusional, and obverse negative forms of dilemma,,,,,!