The new Apple iPad unboxing and hands-on
0. phoneArena 16 Mar 2012, 10:22 posted on
Honestly, we’ve seen this before. Why’s that you ask? Well, that’s because the packaging of the new iPad is nearly an exact facsimile to the one we’ve seen with its predecessor – the iPad 2. Dominated by that milky white color, it’s undeniable an Apple product we’re...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
For all the HOOOPLA, it still has the sAme ole iHome button. WTF happened to no Home Button PhoneArena; I remember that stellar article back on March 7th oh so well.
7. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Then, 'if it ain't broken … why' release a "New" one?
11. darkkjedii (Posts: 12406; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Why would u not release a new one? That was a stupid comment. If that's the case,then y should Chevy release a new vette,or Ferrari release a new 360 medina? My point is improvements don't always come in the form of a redesign. Under the hood is what's counts most. That's what I told a guy,after my vette beat his 360 medina.
15. theoak (Posts: 320; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
And every new car has ... guess what ... a steering wheel!
Why release a new car if it has to have a steering wheel!
If you have an interface that works ... why change it?
17. andro. (Posts: 1971; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Apple is founded on money gouging principles so a yearly re-release of a product is a necessity
23. greathero1 (Posts: 493; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
What company isn't? Samsung lol? GTFOH lol!
29. smallcolabear (Posts: 81; Member since: 18 Feb 2012)
That comment could go for anything. With electronics they are always bettering themselves from the previous model this should be obvious. My old nokia still works but I have a better phone in replace, my old ponitac runs amazing but they kept replacing newer models out in replace off it its an unavoidable thing. This should be a known fact competition drives the electronics to always put something new out there even if they did 2 weeks prior.
19. SuperEd (Posts: 113; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
it is broken. it's boring. it's old. Time for some new blood. Windows 8. Oh, by the way, i have both.
6. imkyle (Posts: 1021; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Galaxy S line (international version) has the physical home button and I absolutely love it.
8. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Well, iLove the sleek feel of the capacative "Home" button on my DROID RAZR™; no cracks and crevaces to clean. Besides, think of all the iGerms living under that little plAstic iCap.
28. imkyle (Posts: 1021; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
I understand what your saying about a change in design, but the iPad is simple and the design does work, so why risk it?
30. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
I'd probably have much more faith if the button was a touch one.
2. bloodline (Posts: 693; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
The screen is impressive and the praise goes to Samsung, LG and Sharp. Not apple.
Other than that its the same design which has now become boring (yes its still a good design but I want something new) and the same boring OS.
My friends Iphone and Ipad are identical, what's the point, waste of money.
If I had a galaxy s2 and Tab 10.1 Both would look completely different, set up different and different widgets.
bore off apple with your restricted closed eco system.
Good work to the manufactures who help make it tho.
14. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
the Galaxy Note and the Note 10.1 will also look the same.. want to comment on that
know what nevermind.. I know the answer
20. SuperEd (Posts: 113; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
That's why i'm going to get a Samsung windows 8 tablet. woo hooo!
24. greathero1 (Posts: 493; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
Actually sice Apple designed the screen in-house, they will ans should get the credit.
3. rocknessalex (Posts: 5; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
So this is it? Long awaited iPad 3? After Jobs left, all Apple can do is copy its previous design. Dear Apple, you are in deep trouble if you don't rush out some designs. Your queue out there at each of your shops are getting shorter and shorter... Really disappointing as a whole.
9. binerry (Posts: 99; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
I think you really got through to them. They'll definitely listen to you.
5. tacohunter (Posts: 408; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
Quote from text: "it’s undeniable an Apple product we’re dealing with"
Wait didn't SuperAndroidEvo said that the ipad was just a samsung product with an apple logo?
10. imkyle (Posts: 1021; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
I just got the iPad from FedEx and I gotta say while the screen is beyond belief, I am waiting for the transformer infinity t700 :)
12. darkkjedii (Posts: 12406; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Just picked up my new 64 gig 4g LTE iPad. I sold my 32 gig on Craigslist for 400. So far this puppy is sweet. Killer screen,killer speed,and I can't wait to watch the walking dead on it.
21. SuperEd (Posts: 113; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
wow...really? i'm going to watch the walking dead on my 60 inch plasma with my xbox. somehow i think my experience will be better.
26. greathero1 (Posts: 493; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
Let's see you drag that 60 inch TV around to school, work, vacation, etc lol.
25. greathero1 (Posts: 493; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
Got mine this morning and I was very skeptical but after 3 hours of continuous use I can honestly say this is my tablet of choice. I guess an Android user can like an iOS device lol
13. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6689; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Can't believe this guy spends 879$ on a 4G version
22. SuperEd (Posts: 113; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
i KNOW! I hope he has ALOT of money, and/or his company paid for it...or is going to have his company pay for his data plan...if they don't cut his bandwidth speed before that happens. total waste.
16. andro. (Posts: 1971; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Weve already seen this unboxing last year under the heading ipad 2 unboxing